Hornby 2022 - Wagons

AY Mod

23 hours ago, SamThomas said:

Thanks for explaining - is it much of a difference ?

It's the typical Tri-ang approx 2mm, scale 6" overheight.

Hornby had been using correct heights for new tooled models for several years, but for some inexplicable reason reverted to Tri-ang dimensions for the new tooled HAA.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

For anybody who has pre-ordered “Bertie the Brake Van” from Hornby.

C7CAA665-841C-4A27-8982-CBEE48418FEB.jpeg.05f8490bb921479a6e74db78343d4127.jpeg

Just received an email from Hornby stating this is in the warehouse and will be dispatched shortly!
Wasn’t supposed to be due till Dec 22.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Banger Blue said:

Just received an email from Hornby stating this is in the warehouse and will be dispatched shortly!

Are you moaning because it’s early or happy because it’s early? 

• Funny 1

23 hours ago, Banger Blue said:

Ah the lovely Bertie. Haven't they done this before?  https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/lmsbrakevan/e41aa0c8  [note needs black lookout - and is the end yellow?]

All you need now are some silver and black Bogie bolster C's  https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brcabledrumcarrier/e1bb3fa9b and a freshly painted Black Plate, (years after this colour was no longer official) https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brwinklezvo/e1c88e041 But don't put a Thomas the tank on the train or punters will think you are taking the proverbial. 

Paul

• Like 1

The ends of the model are yellow, and the guards ducket is black, it would appear that it may have been blue initially in the render however I would guess that it was spotted at Hornby before the model went into production. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Drax Biomass due to retailers this week by the sounds of it!

Ours arrived today, it’s two different twin packs and you won’t believe the price……

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

Ours arrived today, it’s two different twin packs and you won’t believe the price……

I knew the price already (having 12 packs on order). I am just astounded there are two in a pack. So I will probably cancel a few packs or buy them and sell on depending on how the dealers feel about it. I don't want to screw them over so will have them if they want me to, but would rather they sold them elsewhere if I don't want them.

And just seen which shop you are. I was in there on Thursday!

Edited by TomScrut

I knew the price already (having 12 packs on order). I am just astounded there are two in a pack. So I will probably cancel a few packs or buy them and sell on depending on how the dealers feel about it. I don't want to screw them over so will have them if they want me to, but would rather they sold them elsewhere if I don't want them.

Blimey, do you really get two wagons for £50?! They are sold out everywhere, of course....!

Just now, TomScrut said:

That looks to be the case. Which astounded me too and makes them an absolute bargain!

Absolutely! I'm sure they were about £80 MRP when first announced, and more rare than unicorn poo - I recall a discussion on here where the "limited production run" announced for them seemed to comprise all of about 7 models!

Always fancied a rake of these but for £83 a wagon when they were first done by Hattons and the original MRP on this batch, I dismissed them. I haven't seen anything further about them at all until reading the posts above..... now kind of wishing I'd tried harder to find some to pre-order when first announced!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I was in last Thursday, only do a couple of days a week.

We have preorders to fill but will probably have some left for general sale.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, newbryford said:

!!!!!

Worst bit is that one has sold.

Shops are getting (small amounts of) stock it seems, why are people buying on eBay already!? Unless its their mate trying to encourage sales...

I suggest buying both packs here and saving yourself about a fiver, plus you get free postage....... someone has already taken advantage of this too-good-to-miss deal.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304747079088?hash=item46f45765b0:g:adMAAOSwGhhjpBC9&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoOfFQSciNLEuaIGAi1mfKqnHVu3GcMF9rG1rIQUOjry1odrElB69%2Bm75ciDTw9eJ5oi5XpGbTOxWs8qpkKXQMbcAF8BDSRZ%2Bl7QIqQ6bFzfQdZMPTPTYoNUDLz63SN%2BNqXTHE%2BdzCnlczYoYkv3dMHLWik9pXaaVmuRKS0%2BjBwfqYJXPFmigwa9iBT7ANTeemnhHect4ulakRYhy%2Fcgf5Oc%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_idjrGnYQ

• Funny 1

Received four packs today. Can confirm it's an incredible model for £50. The wagons are flawless and the details printed to the highest standard. Not one scuff mark or wonky line in sight. Would recommend trying to get some. Only downside is that they are not a numbered limited edition. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jamescav95 said:

Received four packs today. Can confirm it's an incredible model for £50. The wagons are flawless and the details printed to the highest standard. Not one scuff mark or wonky line in sight. Would recommend trying to get some. Only downside is that they are not a numbered limited edition. 

Is it one or two wagons per pack?