Hornby 2022 - Wagons

AY Mod

2 hours ago, TomScrut said:

It's definitely two. Plenty of retailers showing them off on Facebook like that.

Thanks. I see, indeed:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275591861945?hash=item402a8e16b9:g:g7YAAOSwHXtjpr8l&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoDTbr0nj36mzvgBxE4Vp8qgSGE%2F4beDKwQg99BaVkzJLkuiycbYVSawfWriWyUADeVDLipJXg1nSc%2FHgsXHVeCRadU9C0zOrwX2e7t7W3Fbms1Kvbu8mVXubqrDY1THu6OFOcfBtP20XgQ5voVWDYmqq9AaZgLQDzDFvwPtqg3RwyLbCOypfHK6kX%2F9oDqPwZDszHL3B2rbh8vY90Yd06OI%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR8qbn72oYQ

Not trying to suggest anyone buys, but quite a useful picture which shows the wagon numbers. You rarely find pictures of the box labels.

• Like 1

Found a pair at Peter's Spares in Middlesbrough early hours of Friday so placed an order, got an email later the same day saying they'd located a spare second pair of wagons which were duly reserved. Both pairs collected today and the artwork is lovely - the only disappointment is that on one side of the wagon shows the centre bay discharge door indicator 'unlocked' which is an error from the original run. All other doors correctly show 'locked' for transit and the artwork is excellent.  

• Like 1

On 24/12/2022 at 23:00, JonK said:

Found a pair at Peter's Spares in Middlesbrough early hours of Friday so placed an order, got an email later the same day saying they'd located a spare second pair of wagons which were duly reserved. Both pairs collected today and the artwork is lovely - the only disappointment is that on one side of the wagon shows the centre bay discharge door indicator 'unlocked' which is an error from the original run. All other doors correctly show 'locked' for transit and the artwork is excellent.  

I was sent some photos from a friend this afternoon and it's revealed another small problem. Both wagons have the same number printed on them. Does Hornby actually check the small things before signing them off? 

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, surfsup said:

I was sent some photos from a friend this afternoon and it's revealed another small problem. Both wagons have the same number printed on them. Does Hornby actually check the small things before signing them off? 

Sometimes they don't even check the big things..........................

• Funny 3

23 minutes ago, surfsup said:

Which pack are you referring to? I have just checked some pictures on the web of R60176 and they are different numbers. But can’t find images of R60177 that I can see that level of detail…..

Edit

Just zoomed in on the images on the eBay listing I posted the link for Saturday. All four wagons have different numbers on the visible sides. Do you simply have a pack which erroneously contains two identical wagons?

Edited by scouse889

1 hour ago, scouse889 said:

Which pack are you referring to? I have just checked some pictures on the web of R60176 and they are different numbers. But can’t find images of R60177 that I can see that level of detail…..

Edit

Just zoomed in on the images on the eBay listing I posted the link for Saturday. All four wagons have different numbers on the visible sides. Do you simply have a pack which erroneously contains two identical wagons?

They aren't my wagons but, from the photos he's sent me - R6723 & R6724 both seem to have '83 70 0968 157-0' & '83 70 0968 157-0'. 

8 hours ago, surfsup said:

They aren't my wagons but, from the photos he's sent me - R6723 & R6724 both seem to have '83 70 0968 157-0' & '83 70 0968 157-0'. 

R6723 and R6724 were the first pair of models released and sold exclusively via Hattons. This must be a know issue with them as @Simon Bendall says (although it is a new piece of info for me). The new twin packs R60176 and R60177 appear free from this error. Looking forward to receiving my packs!

• Like 1

Kernow showing both packs as being available and in stock for anyone still trying to locate some ...

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/74437/R60176-Hornby-Drax-Biomass-Wagon-number-83-70-0698-012-7

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/74438/R60177-Hornby-Drax-Biomass-Wagon-Pack-2-Tier-1-Exclusive

Edited by RJennings
Now sold out …
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold

Lord and Butler's consignment are still in transit, seemingly caught up in the post-Christmas delivery backlog. 

Rob. 

• RMweb Premium

If anyone has the original release drax wagons and the new version - is there a difference in weight?

I had my hands (on a weekend loan) on a couple of the originals and they were very light and would try to derail at any opportunity.

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

I wonder what happened to the "one per each pair for the tier 1 dealers" doom that seemed to being forecasted when they were first announced?

Yeah it does seem a bit absurd. The allocations were ridiculous on the first few days after release. I wonder if Hornby realised people are actually interested in modern wagons so decided to do a few more?

2 hours ago, RJennings said:

Kernow showing both packs as being available and in stock for anyone still trying to locate some

My pre orders were dispatched today.

Further to the above, they would only sell me 2 of each pack (back when I thought it was 1 wagon) when I ordered in Jan

Edited by TomScrut

8 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Yeah it does seem a bit absurd. The allocations were ridiculous on the first few days after release. I wonder if Hornby realised people are actually interested in modern wagons so decided to do a few more?

My pre orders were dispatched today.

Further to the above, they would only sell me 2 of each pack (back when I thought it was 1 wagon) when I ordered in Jan

There certainly seem to be “a few more” available than I was expecting. I’ve ended up ordering 10 packs spread across four different retailers! Hopefully all me orders can be fulfilled and I look forward to receiving them.

On a separate note, discussion of price features a lot on here. I get prices are increasing due to material, labour, production and shipping costs, but I don’t get why a twin pack of these Drax wagons is £50 whilst, for example, I could alternatively buy a single 40 year old ex-Lima GUV for about the same price as part of the 2022 range…..?????

32 minutes ago, scouse889 said:

There certainly seem to be “a few more” available than I was expecting. I’ve ended up ordering 10 packs spread across four different retailers! Hopefully all me orders can be fulfilled and I look forward to receiving them.

Yeah, I wanted 8 wagons. Ordered 12 packs expecting to be let down (by Hornby, not the retailer) and then it turns out I am probably going to end up with 24 wagons! 8 are coming today which I am looking forward to.

33 minutes ago, scouse889 said:

On a separate note, discussion of price features a lot on here. I get prices are increasing due to material, labour, production and shipping costs, but I don’t get why a twin pack of these Drax wagons is £50 whilst, for example, I could alternatively buy a single 40 year old ex-Lima GUV for about the same price as part of the 2022 range…..?????

I don't get it to be honest. Given these were £75 first time round, and the way the pricing is going I thought there was no way it was two wagons for £50. Like I don't think they are very complicated wagons but still, the £22.50 each (10% discount) I have paid for some of mine seems amazing!

42 minutes ago, scouse889 said:

Demand does seem to still be outstripping supply however. All of the Kernow's available models went overnight.

9 minutes ago, WILLIAM said:

Demand does seem to still be outstripping supply however. All of the Kernow's available models went overnight.

For now. I think there's still plenty who haven't got theirs yet.

I have orders with Antics and Model Railways Direct and pressume neither have them yet.

2 hours ago, WILLIAM said:

They aren't however, quite as rare a sight as our postman, who has just delivered five of my packs to me! 😂

Very nice wagons they look on very quick inspection, very pleased with them, will have a proper look later. I have also had my other five packs confirmed, so these will make a very nice train. Sounds like an excuse to buy a GBRF 60.....

Many thanks to all the staff in the various model shops (in my case, I'd particularly like to thank KJB models, The Model Shop Northampton, Bluebell Railway Models and Kernow MRC) for their help and hard work over the Christmas period (when quite a lot of us are having some time off) in helping us all get our orders confirmed and dispatched, plus all those helpful RMweb-ers for pointing me in the right directions! 😀👍

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Checked this thread all night yesterday hoping to see a post about stock - went to bed and Kernow link was shared!

damn it!

If anyone finds anymore stock - please share the links and I will keep checking. Only after 4 packs opposed to the 10,000 people are seemingly ordering left right and center!

many thanks in advance!

47 minutes ago, Awes0mesauce said:

Checked this thread all night yesterday hoping to see a post about stock - went to bed and Kernow link was shared!

damn it!

If anyone finds anymore stock - please share the links and I will keep checking. Only after 4 packs opposed to the 10,000 people are seemingly ordering left right and center!

many thanks in advance!

Antics Online - quick!!!!

https://anticsonline.uk/Product/Hornby-R60176-Drax-Biomass-Wagon-Pack-A-Wagons-83700698160-4--83700698070-5-OO_R60176_N108532654

Edited by scouse889

Also (As can't be found through their website);

https://anticsonline.uk/Product/Hornby-R60177-Drax-Biomass-Wagon-Pack-B-Wagons-83700698048-1--83700698068-9-OO_R60177_N108532655

Having just spoken to them myself it does sound like they have some available but restricted to one of each per person and will be on the website in due course once existing orders are sorted.

• Like 1