Hornby 2022 - Trains on Film

AY Mod

16 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

FTFY.

I had looked but obviously not far enough back...

I hadn't realied I'd need to go back 12pages :)

Serves me right for trying to do in on phone and not screen...

Have now gone back and seen that others had seen.

Stand Corrected!

Luke

Edited by luke_stevens
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, luke_stevens said:

Does anyone know why I can't find the "Trains on Film" items on the Hornby website? Are they somewhere special?

Luke

These are available from a number of stockists or can be pre-ordered direct from the "offical" suppliers web site.

Kev.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh Yes....

IMG_0540.jpg.fe77141f250e5272704b5166fad65a84.jpg

Porcy Mane!

Note, this was actually based on Sid, a label purchaser in Heinz who was an entertainer in the evening around Hayes and Harlington, a wearer of fine lime green Crimplene suits and chunky gold rings. 

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

One of these chaps is a look-a-like stunt double for Uncle Porsea...in fact last time he was on the toon he was having to fight off the lasses wanting their bosoms autographed...and, weirdly, not a single one of them under the age of 60...

image.png.d2d28ed2cbf459aaa00e9c055e6452fb.png

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

10 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

Oh Yes...

Porcy Mane!

Uncanny. You have captured the essence.  Just need to substitute some tweed and Grenson brogues but points deducted as you missed out the bared chest & gold neck chain.

3 hours ago, Axlebox said:

he was on the toon he was having to fight off the lasses wanting their bosoms autographed...

Sadly not quite the same effect in The Chequers at Ledsham last Sarada, eh?

Now; if we could get back to the Hornby bullying. :smile_mini2:

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Porcy Mane said:

Now; if we could get back to the Hornby bullying. :smile_mini2:

Hmm - bullying?  Isn't that distinctly non-u nowadays unless it involves a certain sort of tinned meat?

But as far as Hornby is concerned the share price is showing its usual, slightly bumpy, descent from its usual announcement time high although this year's high was 12p lower than last year's.  Obviously there will no doubt have been some of the usual higher price profit taking but there seem to be one or two occasions with relatively low total daily trades where the price has dropped.   The price is now almost down (1p higher at present) to the low it reached in early March last year from where it began to rise towards the Annual Report date - quite what might happen this year remains to be seen in the light of continuing supply delays (which are obviously not down to Hornby).

• Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, sirwilliamfrs said:

All references to "Trains on Film" have now disappeared from the Hornby website! Rapido vindicated?

They disappeared quite some time ago, far too long ago for the word "now" to be appropriate.  Would this be the first time you have read this thread for a couple of weeks or so?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Titan said:

They disappeared quite some time ago, far too long ago for the word "now" to be appropriate.  Would this be the first time you have read this thread for a couple of weeks or so?

To be fair, it's not as if Margate are going to explain what anyone with even a modicum of knowledge of how intellectual property works already knew is it?

Thus unless RMweb is your regular haunt for froth, thread drift and perhaps the occasional bit of railway modelling news (sorry Andy), it is easy to see how the total disappearance of a product line might seem odd to the casual observer.

C6T. 

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

I know Sam’s Trains has a bit of a marmite reputation here on RMWeb but his new video has quite a good segment on the mystery surrounding the disappearance of the proposed ‘Trains on Film’ range:

(skip to 35 secs in)

The ‘Missing Cat’ posters all over Sam’s loft are a nice touch! 

• Like 8
  • Funny 2

There's probably a huge bulge somewhere in Hornby Towers where Titgate has been swept under the floor covering. Si has a dark cloud hovering over him whilst he paces the office spaces and lower grade employees converse in hushed tones not to mention the 'T affair'. Dark days indeed.

Can't wait for that TV episode!

C6T. 

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 13

2 hours ago, MrTea said:

I know Sam’s Trains has a bit of a marmite 

Why is that? I get box opening and that isn't seen as hobby, but dude is inoffensive and in his own way promoting the hobby, what's not to like?

Haters gonna hate I guess? 

C6T. 

• Agree 6
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Classsix T said:

Why is that? I get box opening and that isn't seen as hobby, but dude is inoffensive and in his own way promoting the hobby, what's not to like?

Because he is seriously lacking in knowledge of the real locos and is overly fixated on price.

In reality most modellers do not have that much flexibility on what they can acquire - it doesn't matter that the Bachmann 1P is a much better loco than the EFE rail O2, or a Hornby Pecket is cheaper  - if modelling the Isle of Wight then the 1P or a Packet is clearly of no use.

Thats before we get onto his 'challenges' some of which have negative H&S implications if copied by children. 

People also dislike the fact that despite all RTR manufacturers recommending NOT to run their models on track plonked on carpets - his 'layout' is just that.

However what is true is that his recent video reviews have been a lot better, he seems to have acquired more real railway knowledge leading to less silly mistakes and although he still harps on about price, he does in his conclusions also acknowledge that in all other respects a model can still be a good one.

His recent ones on his Gladstone build have also been very good and if thats the direction he is going in then he might get less critism.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1