Hornby 2022 - Trains on Film

AY Mod

25 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

haricot cuits   and    potage.....

Salad cream, my old bean  (cooked).         I'll not be having any of that Posh mayonnaise stuff.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hang on Porcy, I know what you mean, but even today a small amount of the aforementioned M stuff transformed my lunchtime sandwich into something that was nearly nice.

Mind you, it wouldn't have done anything for the stale bread marmite sandwiches we got given for school lunch.

(I'm so glad my Mum can't read this - she'd be really cross!)

I've just had another thought though, has anyone else noticed how it is nearly impossible to wash the M stuff off spoons etc, it does make you wonder what it does when it gets inside you:o

A bit like STP on old engines I expect...

Are we there yet?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

Hang on Porcy, I know what you mean, but even today a small amount of the aforementioned M stuff transformed my lunchtime sandwich into something that was nearly nice.

and just you hang on. You'll be mentioning crème fraîche next and suggesting it's a good thing to zip up a saggy leaf salad.

11 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

Mind you, it wouldn't have done anything for the stale bread marmite sandwiches we got given for school lunch.

Have you seen the price of Marmite lately. Only good for public schoolboys  (and girls) nowadays. I think Unilever took one look at the prices in Hornby's 2022 catalogue and thought, "right chaps, lets follow their lead".

and don't get me started on Ben & Jerry's.  (or the price of bread!)

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

The baked has been rule trumps all....Morning Crescent!

One ring to rule them all, beans trumpet all! 

;) 

What I really fear from this is the Wild Bean Swan next challenge! 

anyway remember 

E9D1CD7E-6363-4AC5-B375-4F4E511FFB9D.jpeg.47ec696bb3d2625a4d472640bd5fbba0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

and just you hang on. You'll be mentioning crème fraîche next and suggesting it's a good thing to zip up a saggy leaf salad.

Have you seen the price of Marmite lately. Only good for public schoolboys  (and girls) nowadays. I think Unilever took one look at the prices in Hornby's 2022 catalogue and thought, "right chaps, lets follow their lead".

and don't get me started on Ben & Jerry's.  (or the price of bread!)

And toilet paper - 10% increase in a week in Tesco - that'll dent the sales of baked beans.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

5 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

And toilet paper - 10% increase in a week in Tesco - that'll dent the sales of baked beans.

Careful Mike, a post like that will send The Daily Wail Online into frenzy and another round of panic buying.

C6T, 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Are you still using Izal if it’s weighty enough to dent a tin of beans? 

:rtfm:       ;) 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

.... Mind you, it wouldn't have done anything for the stale bread marmite sandwiches we got given for school lunch. ....

Whoa, hang on a minute, when did school dinners become school lunches? Is it a southern thing? The natural order of mealtimes is breakfast, dinner, tea, supper, as any fule kno.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Whoa, hang on a minute, when did school dinners become school lunches? Is it a southern thing? The natural order of mealtimes is breakfast, dinner, tea, supper, as any fule kno.

Its a location and class thing about time and now the gentrification of things!

I’m from Tyneside, North of the river and to me Dinner is a cooked meal at midday or at a push the main meal of the day which could be more Tea time after every had returned from school or work!
My wife is from North Yorkshire a more farming area and she insists it’s Lunch. This caused many arguments!

The schedule for eating to me is, Breakfast, Dinner, Tea and Supper!

For my Wife it’s Breakfast, Lunch, Tea, Dinner (taken early evening) and finally supper.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Neil said:

I think it's something that crossed the Atlantic. If you watch American films like How Green Was My Valley you'll be amazed to discover that South Wales miners in the 1930s ate their dinner in the evening. Allegedly.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Neil said:

You seem to have missed out several cake breaks!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

and Tiffin that required a dictionary after seeing it on Carry on up the Khyber.

It didn't mean what I thought it did...

I should think not or the chocolate tiffin would get crushed!

• Funny 2

4 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

I should think not or the chocolate tiffin would get crushed!

A word with several meanings :-

Tiffin is an Indian English word for a type of meal. It refers to a light tea-time meal at about 3pm, or to a light breakfast consisting of typical tea-time foods. In certain parts of India, it can also refer to the midday luncheon or, in some regions of the Indian subcontinent, a between-meal snack. When used in place of the word "lunch", however, it does not necessarily mean a light meal.

• Like 2