Hornby 2022 - Trains on Film

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

Whoa, hang on a minute, when did school dinners become school lunches? Is it a southern thing? The natural order of mealtimes is breakfast, dinner, tea, supper, as any fule kno.

Quite right, don't know what came over me, must be the influence of that Mayonnaise at lunchtime(!)

Thinking about it though, yes we did call them school dinners, and lunch is a word that has an ever so slightly irritatingly pretentious air about it.

I'm not entirely sure about "supper" either....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

Thinking about it though, yes we did call them school dinners, and lunch is a word that has an ever so slightly irritatingly pretentious air about it.

Not as pretentious as 'luncheon', however. Now that's really pretentious (except in pork luncheon meat if it's still available).

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, wainwright1 said:

Is that on the H website ?

Perhaps they have reinstated it ?

All the best

Ray

No, on here!

It was the same as part of the image AY attached to the first post of this topic, but didn't include the TT or the bus. 

That said, I also get adverts on here that coincide with recommendations I have received from Amazon, Wex Photographic (etc.) and which presumably originate externally.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

No, on here!

Wouldn't mind a screenshot please if you see it again John as it sounds like a programmatic Google Ad that Hornby have placed.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Careful Mike, a post like that will send The Daily Wail Online into frenzy and another round of panic buying.

C6T, 

Fortunately our current stockpile is pretty good as we normally only buy when they are reduced in price - at which juncture we buy several 16 roll packs every week or 9 roll if they're reduced instead of the 16 roll packs if they aren't reduced.

9 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Are you still using Izal if it’s weighty enough to dent a tin of beans? 

:rtfm:       ;) 

Amongst my ephemera collection I do have a GWR toilet roll which definitely appears to have been supplied by Izal judging by the nature of the paper.  With typical GWR panache for making money 'every' sheet (not that I've ever unrolled it so maybe not all the way?) carries advertising - although not for the railway company.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Salad cream, my old bean  (cooked).         I'll not be having any of that Posh mayonnaise stuff.

I believe it has been established in another thread that now post B****t any inference to a continental influence in our language is linguistic taboo…..oops……that’s a different continent entirely it’s OK. :D

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Wouldn't mind a screenshot please if you see it again John as it sounds like a programmatic Google Ad that Hornby have placed.

If it does reappear, I'll have a go, but I'd already clicked the X when I realised what it was!

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Neil said:

Whoa, hang on a minute, when did school dinners become school lunches? Is it a southern thing? The natural order of mealtimes is breakfast, dinner, tea, supper, as any fule kno.

And copious tea breaks between them all.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Welchester said:

Not as pretentious as 'luncheon', however. Now that's really pretentious (except in pork luncheon meat if it's still available).

Still available although I prefer Chicken luncheon meat which I order from my supplier of corned mutton.

Comestibles via the internet is one of the joys of modern life along with being able to source Eurovision albums from around the world with a click of the button and without needing a trip to a shop in London.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, luke_stevens said:

Does anyone know why I can't find the "Trains on Film" items on the Hornby website? I haven't read the previous posts?

FTFY.

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 10