Revolution goes nuclear - again!

AY Mod

Mine arrived this morning. Another highly detailed wagon bursting with separately applied fine detail, especially the underframe. Definitely different in many aspects than the competition but will easily fit in with each other.

Happily waiting for the re-run of the JNA's now to finish that rake off.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Morecambe joins the nuclear revolution!

Our shop stock arrived at Rainbow Railways today (apart from 1 number to follow) so I got my new FNA-D’s. Perfect for Morecambe and both my future Cumbrian Coast layout and Highland Mainline with a pair of Accurascale PFA’s. These flasks are very free running, fine crisp detail all round with nice pipe work underneath. The paint finish and printing captures the wagons in service condition accurately. Ideal to

mix in formations with the Bachmann model. Well done to the team at Revolution and the support of DRS to make these happen.

A071A30F-5403-4AFF-9FE0-469BFEA780C8.jpeg

C54CDDC2-88B7-4E56-90F0-079FEE4BAC7B.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

My two FNAs arrived today. (Excellent service from Rainbow Railways @MRDBLUE17)

Whilst I was lucky enough to display/test a pre-production sample on Deadmans Lane last year, it is highly likely I shall be ordering another pair as soon as I find out what a couple of my friends have, so we don't duplicate numbers for a new wagon delivery run in a few weeks

I will have to blank out/remove the Hazchem labels though ( as @Jack374 has shown me..........)

• Like 6

20 hours ago, newbryford said:

My two FNAs arrived today. (Excellent service from Rainbow Railways @MRDBLUE17)

Whilst I was lucky enough to display/test a pre-production sample on Deadmans Lane last year, it is highly likely I shall be ordering another pair as soon as I find out what a couple of my friends have, so we don't duplicate numbers for a new wagon delivery run in a few weeks

I will have to blank out/remove the Hazchem labels though ( as @Jack374 has shown me..........)

One of the Revolution wagons comes blanked out as an empty wagon too which is nice attention to detail. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

One of the Revolution wagons comes blanked out as an empty wagon too which is nice attention to detail. 

I was going to mention that earlier Mark but I noticed that Mick needs more than one so I assumed it would be easier to blank out the hazard labels than try to renumber the wagons?  

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Revolution Mike B said:

I was going to mention that earlier Mark but I noticed that Mick needs more than one so I assumed it would be easier to blank out the hazard labels than try to renumber the wagons?  

I'm looking to do a representation of one of the delivery runs (looking like I can maybe rustle up six so far!)

• Like 3

I also took delivery of my FNA-Ds recently…as Mick says, I also experienced very fast service by Rainbow Railways.

The models are stunning. The printing and livery application is superb and the wealth of separately fitted detail, even underneath, is first rate. I’m particularly impressed by the distributor pull handles which are very finely etched.

I've made two additions to my pair - firstly fitting a set of my homemade magnetic couplings. This allows the gap to be closed up, and thanks to the cam coupling, on the straight the buffers can almost touch, while still negotiating pointwork and curves.

216762FF-1FF3-48AF-8FF7-79EC9EA0DB27.jpeg.66936428cffa80ed192fad3354af1303.jpeg

Also, I added some pieces of Tamiya masking tape, coloured black using Sharpie, so it looks like the wagon is running empty. The low-tack masking tape hopefully won’t ruin the finely-printed placards over time, should I want to remove the tape in future.

EB88BA9F-2700-40BD-86F7-DF1480371243.jpeg.c6f441e4234c39e6135c21f0c09a7b09.jpeg

This is a fantastic model by the Revolution team, and for a very attractive price too.

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Your masking tape solution looks excellent, but for those who wish to depict a wagon running empty (perhaps to works) or just as a runner our version 03 (wagon number 9006) has the 'blank' placards.

The others have a variety of authentic loading codes - I will try to put images on our website in due course so customers can choose the model appropriate to their needs.

And thanks for your kind words about the printing and painting - the factory really went the extra mile to depict the whtie blocks on top of the buffer shanks, the locking bar pivot baseplates and stainless links and even the brass padlocks on the information panels!

FNA-Dad-signs.JPG.dc5efd02a01a0f22c71e20fd479c2357.JPG

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 10
  • Round of applause 2

12 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Anybody got a photo of a train with both Revolution and Accurascale FNA-Ds in it? Interested to see how they sit together. 

Thanks,

Roy

Here's a short video Roy with all three, Revolution in the middle of the others (you know who).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9PHs51CTME

Edited by Tony Walker
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to you both. They look to sit very well together without the jarring difference you sometimes see.

Edit - which has led me to just order two Revolution versions to go with my Accurascale pair.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 5

Finally got hold of mine after it's been sat with the neighbour for nearly 2 weeks. 

Absolute beautiful model. Can't fault it at all! 

Does anyone know where this should go? It's double sided, and was loose in the packaging. Can't find its home. 

Thanks! 

PXL_20230825_131620336.jpg

4 hours ago, JackB95 said:

Finally got hold of mine after it's been sat with the neighbour for nearly 2 weeks. 

Does anyone know where this should go? It's double sided, and was loose in the packaging. Can't find its home. 

Thanks! 

Looks like a handbrake indicator, so should be on the bogie somewhere I'd suggest

Jo

2 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Looks like a handbrake indicator, so should be on the bogie somewhere I'd suggest

Cheers. Will investigate. 

Here's some pics of my model. Opted for one that has definitely been to Valley. With one of Bachmann's original FNAs too, 68003 was bolted on one end for a spin! 

PXL_20230825_132841224.jpg.77e6ff8fdf981591327adaf855f00525.jpg

PXL_20230825_132900518.jpg.3831ef091a9cbd2285038ee643ca7489.jpg

PXL_20230825_132908984.jpg.4d9593c8d5c3155ceeb285e95f6c383f.jpg

PXL_20230825_133353885.jpg.65c1646b97a645486c1a6f626fad366a.jpg

Well done Revolution. It's a beautiful wagon, and is so well made and put together.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
On 25/08/2023 at 14:20, JackB95 said:

Thanks! 

Hi Jack,

I am very sorry this was detached on your model. 

As has been said, it's the handbrake ON-OFF indicator and is fitted on both sides of both bogies.  In your images it's present on the left bogie but missing on the right.  If you want to refit it yourself (which will be quicker!) the tab on the left edge is mounted in a small hole in the bogie frame - you can use the 'correct' bogie to guide you - and secured with a dab of PVA. 

If you're not confident about refitting it yourself please contact our support agent via the email in the instructions.

cheers

Ben A.

PS love your arched stone bridge!

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi Jack,

I am very sorry this was detached on your model. 

As has been said, it's the handbrake ON-OFF indicator and is fitted on both sides of both bogies.  In your images it's present on the left bogie but missing on the right.  If you want to refit it yourself (which will be quicker!) the tab on the left edge is mounted in a small hole in the bogie frame - you can use the 'correct' bogie to guide you - and secured with a dab of PVA. 

If you're not confident about refitting it yourself please contact our support agent via the email in the instructions.

cheers

Ben A.

PS love your arched stone bridge!

Thanks Ben! I'll get that glued back on. Tis but a mere bit of glue required.

Cheers! I built it before Metcalfe announced their own. I needed a bigger arch anyway for authentic Conwy vibes. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

A gentle reminder that midnight tonight (September 30th) is the deadline for pre-orders on the N gauge FNA-Ds.

FNA-DN2.jpeg.4ee06fe5d7db67d8d3d96e5d4672d922.jpeg

The models will be available from retailers after they have been produced (expected to be Q1 next year but, as ever, that is not a surefire date) for those who have missed out, or prefer to wait. 

cheers

Ben A.