Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

RMweb - Change of hosting, missing images - April 2022

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

started keeping an eye on the earlier pages. These are partially populated but it seems to be in month blocks. May from one year, April from another and also a November.  Until today I haven't been taking any particular notice of which blocks hav appeared but will start doing that to monitor it. 

There doesn't seem to be much pattern on the way it's working through bringing stuff back up I'm afraid. @DaveF has been supplying me with useful information which shows it's all over the place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

11 hours ago, Flying Pig said:

Trillian: Hey, that sounds better! Have you managed to make some sense of the controls?

Ford: No, we just stopped fiddling with them.

I know that quote well (if I could add an 'off-topic' emoji, I would).

Ian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Considering it took OneDrive 2 days to uploads and sync almost 200Gb of photos (around 70000 files) from my PC, I would imagine the indexing of RMWeb will be take a little bit longer. I think we'll be in a better position by the end of the month to assess if anything over and above the past year has been lost.

• Agree 7

Well done, very pleased now back up, just happened to coincide with me travelling from the UK to Germany, thought it was a problem with my phone! Rmweb very much keeps me in touch when out of the UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 31/03/2022 at 16:24, Tallpaul69 said:

One thing I miss, but can live with for a while, is the button at bottom right of the screen that takes you straight up to the top of the page!

It's back now - subject to some tweaking.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hallo,

I use Android and on both devices I always see this instead of the list of blogs. I followed the instructions to delete cookies, but no change. Any tips? 

I do get notifications and can however read the blogs from the notifications. But cannot call up any others

Thank you in advance

es grüßt

pc 

(Edit: weird after posting this on one of the devices, the error fixed itself)

Screenshot_20220405-131212_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Padishar Creel
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Padishar Creel said:

Any tips? 

You will need to clear your browser history of any RMweb content - you are following old navigation links.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Next on Andy's list, is to turn the spill chucker back on!

😉

I thought it was smartphone-itis

Where letters you press are randomly converted to others...........😬

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

Emojis

Interesting to note that Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome both show some Emojis:

2022-04-05_113705.jpg.3f456a3589d909fc05c84bf44e2628c6.jpg

But NOT the Emoticons we are all familiar with in RMWeb:

2022-04-05_113755.jpg.7f41743c1f306a74ec1ebbecc95fffa0.jpg

Hopefully the Emoticons will make a reappearance ...

Ian

• Agree 1

• Moderators

Sorry for the last hour's outage. Invision had to do some database maintenance. We're back but some images/avatars may not show until the process completes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, ISW said:

Emojis

Interesting to note that Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome both show some Emojis:

2022-04-05_113705.jpg.3f456a3589d909fc05c84bf44e2628c6.jpg

But NOT the Emoticons we are all familiar with in RMWeb:

2022-04-05_113755.jpg.7f41743c1f306a74ec1ebbecc95fffa0.jpg

Hopefully the Emoticons will make a reappearance ...

Ian

Now its not showing the ratings but you can still rate posts..

PS I posted this as Andy was posting the above.

Edited by PhilJ W

Andy

I have been busy reloading the images for the last year but to my dismay when I reviewed my thread today most of them have disappeared again. Do we still have problems? I did delate the old image thumbnails. Any ideas?

Also images from the start of the thread are still not loading. Some of them have re3stored but not all of them. Is this a still an ongoing issue?

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 minutes ago, pwr said:

Andy

I have been busy reloading the images for the last year but to my dismay when I reviewed my thread today most of them have disappeared again. Do we still have problems? I did delate the old image thumbnails. Any ideas?

Also images from the start of the thread are still not loading. Some of them have re3stored but not all of them. Is this a still an ongoing issue?

Paul R

sorry my post seems to have crossed with yours.

Paul R

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Sorry for the last hour's outage. Invision had to do some database maintenance. We're back but some images/avatars may not show until the process completes.

Two steps forward, one step back. The rate that most progress precedes at. I for one, certainly appreciate the tremendous amount of work that you must be putting in to ensure this recovery. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

You will need to clear your browser history of any RMweb content - you are following old navigation links.

Thanks, that worked on one device but not on the other, and I deleted complete history many times. During the maintenance work just now both devices displayed 'Invision' 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A slight glitch after the recent reload today. The icons for like etc., are missing as are several other graphics options.

Edit: - Apologies Andy - your post appeared whilst I was typing the above.

Edited by john new
Update added.
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I'm leaving any reloading of images until everything is sorted. I'm not even going to load new images now.

Likewise, if the system is busy sorting itself out, the members piling in lots of new images is unlikely to help.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

@AY Mod. . Andy why not put a big BOLD message here saying site maintenance going on things are reloading, come back in 24 hours and tell me what isnt working . . . And then lock the Ruddy thread and give yourself a break man !!

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Matt C said:

@AY Mod. . Andy why not put a big BOLD message here saying site maintenance going on things are reloading, come back in 24 hours and tell me what isnt working . . . And then lock the Ruddy thread and give yourself a break man !!

A bit like the big red one at the top? ; )

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Obviously not big or RED enough :)

Guys. . . He knows. . . Read back the last 5 pages and if you DON'T see your problem then post it here. . Otherwise please give him a break

:)

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 3