Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Trewithen, BR/WR BLT.

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
On 20/04/2022 at 01:20, Andrew P said:

The specs come off, normally before I start as they make me sweat around the eyes.

Are you sure you're not talking about the backing singers?

On 22/04/2022 at 19:24, Andrew P said:

I have done a LOT of thinking.

Oh dear...

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

Are you sure you're not talking about the backing singers?

Oh dear...

Fear not, re the thinking, 😮   😁    its just what to do next.🙄

I NEED to build the Signal Box and Cattle Dock, but I hate doing kits / structures etc so I keep looking at other things to do first. I then have to Build the Dairy, again its a structure and may need some scratch building. 

I also NEED to play Trains for a bit to ensure all is running sweet and the Kadee Magnets are in the right places and working with all the stock before I ballast the Track and hide them for ever. 🤪  👍.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sjrixon said:

That's the best way to break the Sunday morning silence! 

And a Peskey Pannier has just arrived with the Milk Tanks, (photos later), just a pity I haven't laid the Dairy Siding yet. 🤫

• Friendly/supportive 2

5 hours ago, Brinkly said:

To quote the late, great BGMan, A pannier never offends

Lovely stuff, Andy. 

Best wishes,

Nick.

Thank you Nick, I'm sure he would have been right in with that one. Well done. 👍

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy I'm quite pleased that I managed to find your new layout build before the grass has gone down!😁

Looking grand mate. Lights, signals, Hymeks and pubs. Right up my alley! Have you considered a Bachmann class 3 tank, the green one is a gem!

Regards Shaun.,  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Hi Andy I'm quite pleased that I managed to find your new layout build before the grass has gone down!😁

Looking grand mate. Lights, signals, Hymeks and pubs. Right up my alley! Have you considered a Bachmann class 3 tank, the green one is a gem!

Regards Shaun.,  

Hi Shaun, Good to see you on board mate, In short, no, I hadn't considered the 3MT, I fancy a 2MT but the later chassis ones that are DCC Ready seem quite rare. 

MIND THAT PUB, there's still no steps down if you come out. 😆

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

HI Andy,

Glad to see your making good progress with the layout, has all the hallmarks of being on your best! Take care - keep on with the videos … i do watch them when i get chance!

Rich

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

HI Andy,

Glad to see your making good progress with the layout, has all the hallmarks of being on your best! Take care - keep on with the videos … i do watch them when i get chance!

Rich

Hi Rich, Cheers mate, I do enjoy doing the Videos, but I really need to start to do the Signal Box and Cattle Dock so that I can progress to the next stage.

Cheers and catch up soon.

• Like 2

Just a small job for this morning, and that was to make up a Sliding Stock Tray to go over the Fiddle Yard. This was thought about after seeing Rob, @NHY 581 do one a while ago, although I did do one back in 2019 on Argyle St.

DSCF0032.JPG.60c3dc65ddba62d335cc036dd9f6673f.JPG

DSCF0034.JPG.ef14ba7008086b0e98abc0a064817b2a.JPG

And Argyle St from 2019.

IMG_0596.JPG.602f8b22cef175fc84d471f7f6ea3d54.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

Just now, woodenhead said:

Good.......................................grief...............................that is UGLY.😂

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

14 minutes ago, sjrixon said:

How do you find the couplings? I didn't know you had gone kd.... 

I've used them for about 20 years on OO Stock, I swear by them on most stock, Some early Bachmann with the step couplings I swear AT THEM but normally they are fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I keep looking, but as they are not very prototypical for a GWR era layout, I talk myself out of it. Also my stock runs on club layouts, which make different couplings a challenge. 

I've a handful with sprat and winkle, but they are such a pain.. And a challenge to build. 

But, hands free shunting looks so amazing..... 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Good.......................................grief...............................that is UGLY.😂

So ugly they’re attractive. 
Paul. 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1