Trewithen, BR/WR BLT.

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
On 20/04/2022 at 01:20, Andrew P said:

The specs come off, normally before I start as they make me sweat around the eyes.

Are you sure you're not talking about the backing singers?

On 22/04/2022 at 19:24, Andrew P said:

I have done a LOT of thinking.

Oh dear...

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

Are you sure you're not talking about the backing singers?

Oh dear...

Fear not, re the thinking, 😮   😁    its just what to do next.🙄

I NEED to build the Signal Box and Cattle Dock, but I hate doing kits / structures etc so I keep looking at other things to do first. I then have to Build the Dairy, again its a structure and may need some scratch building. 

I also NEED to play Trains for a bit to ensure all is running sweet and the Kadee Magnets are in the right places and working with all the stock before I ballast the Track and hide them for ever. 🤪  👍.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sjrixon said:

That's the best way to break the Sunday morning silence! 

And a Peskey Pannier has just arrived with the Milk Tanks, (photos later), just a pity I haven't laid the Dairy Siding yet. 🤫

• Friendly/supportive 2

5 hours ago, Brinkly said:

To quote the late, great BGMan, A pannier never offends

Lovely stuff, Andy. 

Best wishes,

Nick.

Thank you Nick, I'm sure he would have been right in with that one. Well done. 👍

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy I'm quite pleased that I managed to find your new layout build before the grass has gone down!😁

Looking grand mate. Lights, signals, Hymeks and pubs. Right up my alley! Have you considered a Bachmann class 3 tank, the green one is a gem!

Regards Shaun.,  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Hi Andy I'm quite pleased that I managed to find your new layout build before the grass has gone down!😁

Looking grand mate. Lights, signals, Hymeks and pubs. Right up my alley! Have you considered a Bachmann class 3 tank, the green one is a gem!

Regards Shaun.,  

Hi Shaun, Good to see you on board mate, In short, no, I hadn't considered the 3MT, I fancy a 2MT but the later chassis ones that are DCC Ready seem quite rare. 

MIND THAT PUB, there's still no steps down if you come out. 😆

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

HI Andy,

Glad to see your making good progress with the layout, has all the hallmarks of being on your best! Take care - keep on with the videos … i do watch them when i get chance!

Rich

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

HI Andy,

Glad to see your making good progress with the layout, has all the hallmarks of being on your best! Take care - keep on with the videos … i do watch them when i get chance!

Rich

Hi Rich, Cheers mate, I do enjoy doing the Videos, but I really need to start to do the Signal Box and Cattle Dock so that I can progress to the next stage.

Cheers and catch up soon.

• Like 2

Just a small job for this morning, and that was to make up a Sliding Stock Tray to go over the Fiddle Yard. This was thought about after seeing Rob, @NHY 581 do one a while ago, although I did do one back in 2019 on Argyle St.

DSCF0032.JPG.60c3dc65ddba62d335cc036dd9f6673f.JPG

DSCF0034.JPG.ef14ba7008086b0e98abc0a064817b2a.JPG

And Argyle St from 2019.

IMG_0596.JPG.602f8b22cef175fc84d471f7f6ea3d54.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

14 minutes ago, sjrixon said:

How do you find the couplings? I didn't know you had gone kd.... 

I've used them for about 20 years on OO Stock, I swear by them on most stock, Some early Bachmann with the step couplings I swear AT THEM but normally they are fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I keep looking, but as they are not very prototypical for a GWR era layout, I talk myself out of it. Also my stock runs on club layouts, which make different couplings a challenge. 

I've a handful with sprat and winkle, but they are such a pain.. And a challenge to build. 

But, hands free shunting looks so amazing..... 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Good.......................................grief...............................that is UGLY.😂

So ugly they’re attractive. 
Paul. 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1