Trewithen, BR/WR BLT.

Andrew P

2 hours ago, sjrixon said:

Enjoyed that, with my morning coffee. 

I really enjoy building kits, but I hate painting.  But also love running trains ;)

Cheers, Glad you enjoyed it, I'm still putting off building those kits, Haha.🤣

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Dragonboy said:

Building kits is my go to when my mojo has gone off. That’s why I’ve far more wagons than I need. 

I like your idea of moving the tunnel to increase the visible run length. Maybe flattening the curve would improve the visual as well?

I would also suggest extending the goods shed line a tad so you could shunt a wagon or two through the shed and unload directly to a lorry or van alongside. Would improve the play element with having to use a cut of wagons to deal with the movement to keep the engine out of the shed. 

Brian

Hi Brian, It's looking at the un made Kits that KILL my MOJO.🤣

The Tunnel has gone back to near the Station, I didn't like the 2 Tracks going the same way.

The Goods Shed Road will be increased once the Cattle Dock is done, and I know how much room I'll have to play with along there. I also want to find a home for an End Loading Dock and as I also have to extend the Coal Siding a few more inches, it might go on the  end of there.

Glad you enjoyed the Vid though.

Cheers.

• Like 3

This morning I've BODGED up some Point Rodding, I had bought some Model Signal Engineering bits, but found a couple of open packs of Wills this morning, so decided to use that instead.

ITS NOT PROTOTYPICAL OR RIGHT, but from 3ft away and one eye closed it doesn't look so bad.

IMG_7909.JPG.1bddfddd889d46c30bf74e457e34c514.JPG

IMG_7910.JPG.37b5def8b45b3c33290b418dedaf0cd3.JPG

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Andy

I have been seriously looking at the Scalescenes downloadable low relief dairy for Black Notley. Its not available in O but a number of people on here have successfully blown them up to 175% scale for 7mm layouts. The 4mm version might suit you but you would have to build it and it would be a bit of a bind as you have to print them and stick the sheets on to card or other backing material. On the other hand its only £3.99!

link here

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Andy

I have been seriously looking at the Scalescenes downloadable low relief dairy for Black Notley. Its not available in O but a number of people on here have successfully blown them up to 175% scale for 7mm layouts. The 4mm version might suit you but you would have to build it and it would be a bit of a bind as you have to print them and stick the sheets on to card or other backing material. On the other hand its only £3.99!

link here

Paul R

Cheers Paul, I don't have a printer, but what I do have is a Wills Craftsman Goods Shed Kit that I was trying to sell, (I bought it by mistake), and so might just put 3 sides and a half Roof together using that. I wont use the Windows, and I can at least cut out the Doorways.

It also has a Yard Crane in the Kit, that I can use in the Goods Yard, so I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to get my finger out and DO IT.🤓

I have a mate who has taken the Signal Box and Cattle Dock away to make for me. 🤪  👍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

if it looks right then that'll do, done it all my life Hahahahaha nice one Bodger....

If it gets your seal of approval it cant be that bad mate. 😮   haha   🤣  👍.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy. 

Very much enjoyed your last video and thanks for sharing the Roco coupling idea. It didn't dawn on me to try them on the new Hornby MK1s, I've just swapped all mine out. As a result, I had to tidy up the attic, get Dunster back the way it was and have set it up for BR running. Also found a Ratio cattle dock I built years ago and never used due to a house move but I might find room for that on Grim-up-North!

Thanks for all the inspiration, regards Shaun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

6 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Hi Andy. 

Very much enjoyed your last video and thanks for sharing the Roco coupling idea. It didn't dawn on me to try them on the new Hornby MK1s, I've just swapped all mine out. As a result, I had to tidy up the attic, get Dunster back the way it was and have set it up for BR running. Also found a Ratio cattle dock I built years ago and never used due to a house move but I might find room for that on Grim-up-North!

Thanks for all the inspiration, regards Shaun. 

Thanks Shaun, and hope both the Coupling and a home for the Cattle Dock work your you Buddy.👍

Glad you enjoyed the Video too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I have a mate who has taken the Signal Box and Cattle Dock away to make for me. 🤪  👍

That’s the way to do it!

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

15 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Paul, I don't have a printer, but what I do have is a Wills Craftsman Goods Shed Kit that I was trying to sell, (I bought it by mistake), and so might just put 3 sides and a half Roof together using that. I wont use the Windows, and I can at least cut out the Doorways.

It also has a Yard Crane in the Kit, that I can use in the Goods Yard, so I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to get my finger out and DO IT.🤓

I thnk I will buy one anyway and I can see what they look like.  I also think your converted engine shed is also a good idea.

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pwr said:

I thnk I will buy one anyway and I can see what they look like.  I also think your converted engine shed is also a good idea.

Paul R

I had a measure up for that last night, and its a bit tight, without moving all the tracks out about half inch, so I now have to look at another idea. It certainly would have been an easy option, and one that could have been put back as an Engine Shed for the next owner. 😮  👍.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Winslow Boy said:

Or perhaps make out as if its yet to be finished being built? 

You could even have a door off its hinges.

Now where have I seen that modelled?

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

O.K. Guys, a few weeks ago I did something VERY STUPID, I bought an old Wills Craftsman Goods Shed Kit from Flea Bay.

Since then I have re advertised it at a LOSS just to get rid of it.

A wise move, in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 29/04/2022 at 23:47, Andrew P said:

This morning I've BODGED up some Point Rodding, I had bought some Model Signal Engineering bits, but found a couple of open packs of Wills this morning, so decided to use that instead.

ITS NOT PROTOTYPICAL OR RIGHT, but from 3ft away and one eye closed it doesn't look so bad.

With both eyes closed it looks perfect!

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

That looks a decent effort Andy, not unlike part of the Scalescenes creamery shown below.

T038_featured_new.jpg.cce6ce5a4819f564a09f3bba64070f80.jpg

The scenic mock up beyond the junction looks really good too.  Looking forward to seeing this one progress.

Regards,

Brian.

Edited by Brian D
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Brian D said:

That looks a decent effort Andy, not unlike part of the Scalescenes creamery shown below.

T038_featured_new.jpg.cce6ce5a4819f564a09f3bba64070f80.jpg

The scenic mock up beyond the junction looks really good too.  Looking forward to seeing this one progress.

Regards,

Brian.

Yep, that does look brilliant Brian, I'll have to make do for now though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

That looks really good Mr P.

Isn't it nice to know that sometimes he does pay attention to the stuff we write.

Well done.

Pay attention, Yes, to act on it sometimes.🙄 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1