Trewithen, BR/WR BLT.

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

And finally I got around to finishing the Control Panel this morning, all the Switches for the Points, Signals and lights in the Buildings plus the Program / Main for the Headshunt.

IMG_0157.thumb.JPG.b8d239cb95416a75fdeb4e57ee499a91.JPG

IMG_0158.thumb.JPG.c80b2039123d61f78dbbd016be64f54c.JPG

Proper Dymo tape! Wow!

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

I shall be sad to see this go but if it doesn't work for you.....

I wonder if part of the difference is you never spent time as a lad watching the old steam railway unlike me

Don

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, David Bell said:

Enjoyed that Andy.

The scenics have come on a treat.

Someone is going to end up with a cracking wee model!

Cheers

David

Thanks David, it would be good if it went to a home where it could expanded further.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donw said:

I shall be sad to see this go but if it doesn't work for you.....

I wonder if part of the difference is you never spent time as a lad watching the old steam railway unlike me

Don

Totally agree Don, despite being born in 1950, I don't actually remember seeing a Steam Train, except maybe from a Flat my parents had for 3 Months in Chatham, about 1955 whilst waiting for a House on the Isle of Grain. I think there was a Viaduct when looking out from the Kitchen window, and I do recall smoke. 🙄 And I do know they bought me a TT Train Set for a Christmas present, I gave that to my cousin who sold it on).

As far as I know, the only ride behind a Steam Loco was when BP who Dad worked for, did a Kids trip to the Palladium for a pantomime, and I think that was behind a Steam Loco.

Once we moved to Surrey, in 1958, and I was Plane spotting at Heathrow, everything was Electric I would think, so no real lasting Steam memories other than preserved lines.

The first Steam Loco that I actually remember riding behind was probably Bodmin on the Watercress Line about 1980/81 ish I think. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Totally agree Don, despite being born in 1950, I don't actually remember seeing a Steam Train, except maybe from a Flat my parents had for 3 Months in Chatham, about 1955 whilst waiting for a House on the Isle of Grain. I think there was a Viaduct when looking out from the Kitchen window, and I do recall smoke. 🙄 And I do know they bought me a TT Train Set for a Christmas present, I gave that to my cousin who sold it on).

Interesting, so the claim that every 1950/60s schoolboy was a trainspotter, spent all their spare time at the end of platforms chasing steam is a myth.

And you started young with the build em and shift them on then..

I could see your interest waining as soon the Budoc appeared, will the next one still be end to end so you can keep Budoc a little longer?  I'd be wary of a return to a roundy again so soon after ripping up the last one.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, David Bell said:

Looking forward to see what your next project is. All in good time I hear you say!

I hope it features lots of corporate blue, but that's just me. 

You need to check out Budoc Bridge then David.  🤪👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Interesting, so the claim that every 1950/60s schoolboy was a trainspotter, spent all their spare time at the end of platforms chasing steam is a myth.

And you started young with the build em and shift them on then..

I could see your interest waining as soon the Budoc appeared, will the next one still be end to end so you can keep Budoc a little longer?  I'd be wary of a return to a roundy again so soon after ripping up the last one.

I very much doubt it will be a roundy, although when I visit ian, @Temeraire and see his Exford then I get excited. 😮.

It will be a case of wait and see, Trewithen may not sell yet so it could be a year or more before the next one is started. 😥

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

So it's all change at Mr P's then I see.

I knew you weren't your usual self with this build and with your previous one or should that be plural.

Couldn't quite put my finger on it though and then it occurred to me perhaps it was the location.

Anyway decision been made so time to move on.

So are you going to carry on posting here or going to create new threads for your other projects. I seem to recall one on a TMD but knowing you you'll have another buzzing round in that brain box of yours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

So it's all change at Mr P's then I see.

I knew you weren't your usual self with this build and with your previous one or should that be plural.

Couldn't quite put my finger on it though and then it occurred to me perhaps it was the location.

Anyway decision been made so time to move on.

So are you going to carry on posting here or going to create new threads for your other projects. I seem to recall one on a TMD but knowing you you'll have another buzzing round in that brain box of yours.

Cheers and yes, ?????🤓

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

You need to check out Budoc Bridge then David.  🤪👍

I shall certainly do that. Your TMD reminds me of this little corner of Landore. As soon as I saw it I went looking for this book.

20220617_184115.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

To which?

Probably ALL, but even I don't know until I have an empty room, and that could be a long way off yet.

BUT, I do have a selection of Plans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

Probably ALL, but even I don't know until I have an empty room, and that could be a long way off yet.

BUT, I do have a selection of Plans.

So that'll be what - two weeks?

Yes we know you have a selection of plans - its what your noggin does, when its not concentrating on which guitar strings to pluck.

• Funny 2

8 hours ago, David Bell said:

I shall certainly do that. Your TMD reminds me of this little corner of Landore. As soon as I saw it I went looking for this book.

20220617_184115.jpg

I too have plenty to inspire.

IMG_0179.thumb.JPG.5f50c419e2e5d79e448120d9d42d37ea.JPG

• Like 4