Trewithen, BR/WR BLT.

Andrew P

4 hours ago, shedman said:

Great pic, Andy.  Had a ride with that same loco on the South Devon in 2019. All the Best, Trevor

I've only ridden the Line twice, and considering I lived about 200 Yards up the Road in the Town, and had Sight & Sound, the Video and Record Shop opposite the Ratio Factory in Mardle Way, although I did use to walk my 3 Dogs down there quite a bit.

Last time was about 10 years ago, and behind a 38XX, and very pleasant it was too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Ever considered a J69 at the buffer stops on a sleepy branch line in Suffolk?

Do behave, 😮  we'll have no swearing on this thread, thank you very much. 😆

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

36 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I've only ridden the Line twice, and considering I lived about 200 Yards up the Road in the Town, and had Sight & Sound, the Video and Record Shop opposite the Ratio Factory in Mardle Way, although I did use to walk my 3 Dogs down there quite a bit.

Last time was about 10 years ago, and behind a 38XX, and very pleasant it was too.

It certainly is a lovely part of the world. Enjoyed it very much.

IMG_6160.jpg

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, muddys-blues said:

Trewithen still needs a Bogcart …… 😇

Toilets are in the Main Station Building or in the Pub young Craig, we don't do it  in Carts in Cornwall, we are civilised. 😆

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

On 31/05/2022 at 23:34, Andrew P said:

Hi Can, Welcome and thanks for your input, Yes the real Bodmin General, that this is VERY loosely based on had both a Shed and Carriage Siding, but lets not spoil history. 😅

1516483360_BodminGeneral.jpg.a70f6e1937ce730342e0a9744f6d3b55.jpg

Hi Andy , there are enough prototypes around for you to have an engine/carriage shed or not have one as you think fit. At the majority of branches the first train of the day would be the early morning newspaper train, the locomotive of which may or might not take the first up train back .

As for loco sheds, Swanage is an example of one where the loco shed was outside the station throat and was therefore  “off-scene “ from modelling perspectives. Swanage also had no carriage shed but two through coaches for the “Royal Wessex “ were stabled in the bay platform overnight . 

The first Up passenger train of the day on the Buntingford branch actually started from Buntingford but there was no loco shed there even though it was listed as a sub-shed of Hertford East, so either the loco started from there or travelled 17 rail miles in from Hertford. Almost certainly coaches would also be stabled in the platform overnight.

And of course Rule 1 always applies i.e its your layout , run it however you like !

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, jazzer said:

Hi Andy , there are enough prototypes around for you to have an engine/carriage shed or not have one as you think fit. At the majority of branches the first train of the day would be the early morning newspaper train, the locomotive of which may or might not take the first up train back .

As for loco sheds, Swanage is an example of one where the loco shed was outside the station throat and was therefore  “off-scene “ from modelling perspectives. Swanage also had no carriage shed but two through coaches for the “Royal Wessex “ were stabled in the bay platform overnight . 

The first Up passenger train of the day on the Buntingford branch actually started from Buntingford but there was no loco shed there even though it was listed as a sub-shed of Hertford East, so either the loco started from there or travelled 17 rail miles in from Hertford. Almost certainly coaches would also be stabled in the platform overnight.

And of course Rule 1 always applies i.e its your layout , run it however you like !

Yo Mr P

See a real proper railway, the GER. OK it is Hertfordshire, not Suffolk. Buntingford is a very nice small town.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Yo Mr P

See a real proper railway, the GER. OK it is Hertfordshire, not Suffolk. Buntingford is a very nice small town.

Let me think about it young Clive.

?😙

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jazzer said:

Cheers Jazzer, Some more great info, thanks for that.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The video highlights an important issue - namely the correlation between height of layouts and the height of middle-aged men's stomachs.   The question is, should there be a correlation?

[I write this as a 59 year old man with a less than ideal waist line.]

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, Bogie said:

The video highlights an important issue - namely the correlation between height of layouts and the height of middle-aged men's stomachs.   The question is, should there be a correlation?

[I write this as a 59 year old man with a less than ideal waist line.]

The importance of a GOOD Backscene on an Exhibition Layout. 😁

• Funny 3

6 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Enjoyed video no 11. Especially like the look of Bute Road TMD

Cheers

David

Cheers David, Glad you enjoyed it, the FULL STORY of Budoc Bridge TMD can be found here, from page 9.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I see you’re feeling better now!

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

This morning I have knocked up a Coaling Stage for the Steam Locos, (well it wouldn't be for Diesels now would it!).

Just some scraps of Plasticard.

IMG_8349.JPG.69e34f88ba4c08aee36d020a3b58b0bd.JPG

A Hot Glue Gun,

IMG_8350.JPG.7ae2f9cf9d4008eb7513bc546e057a91.JPG

A bit of filler,

IMG_8351.JPG.ab0e5919664b578c0829f804e5b57544.JPG

Some Paint,

IMG_8354.JPG.74b8f3e96a90f2f25daebecc44b239fd.JPG

IMG_8356.JPG.4825fec022a2428a01b1c044d6854481.JPG

Some PVA, 

😃

And some real, Ex Great Central Coal Dust,

DSCF8361.JPG.06c1d6b8afe4998e710525ee923359f6.JPG

DSCF8362.JPG.e55b6771fedf63a4cbcb8f6c15faccd4.JPG

IMG_8359.JPG.c98682772dcce6db6c4b0e08691ef7be.JPG

DSCF8363.JPG.84f255a56a778b4fc590d07c3e433d1c.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15
  • Round of applause 1

And @Winslow Boy will be pleased to know that now as we're out of the EU we can now have traditional Black Coal again, so the BOYS have been out and sorted it this morning.

IMG_0003.JPG.71a66988e93d26d5b1ab15c2dcab1992.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG.aa96d417fd4f5a9e5bee00e0cbbe6e0b.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG.1ad15cf2b7f77e2f06a7b9fdda8d6d79.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9
  • Funny 2