Trewithen, BR/WR BLT.

Andrew P

7 hours ago, andyram said:

Sorry to see this going Andy. Was enjoying the build but you have clearly lost the motivation and it’s your decision. Looking forward to future projects.

Cheers Andy, I think its probably the lack of Steam Sound that is the killer for me on this project. I had plenty of Sound Steam Locos in the past, Black 5's, Jubilees, 3F, 4F,7F, 8F, 9F, 04, Super D etc, but not in small Locos so really I chickened out and now taking the  easy option I guess.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bogie said:

What can one say that has not been said before about your mania for changing course mid build?

Who me? 😮  surely not. 🤓 Can't think where you got that idea from matey.😁

• Funny 4

4 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Blimey. I only clicked the "follow this topic" button yesterday...🙄

Bit slow aren't you mate. 😃

Have you also checked out, = 

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

So that'll be what - two weeks?

Yes we know you have a selection of plans - its what your noggin does, when its not concentrating on which guitar strings to pluck.

OR, which Guitar to pick up and play next.

Far to many choices to make in life.😮

FUN INIT. 🤣

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

14 minutes ago, gismorail said:

I think the only way for you to be happy with a layout is for it to be “Guitar “ shaped……..

New TT in a Guitar case?

NO   NO   NO       Before ANYONE continues this conversation.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 4

Well, all change again then and in the mean time I just plod on with Little Muddle.........though there are times I do start doodling and thinking what if.....

But then

I come up with another change for it

so off we go again...

and after all this poor old layout has become part of the family now.

That aside, I will follow your new layout with interest in what ever direction you decide to go with you new layout no matter where you post it......!!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Well that didn't last long.

Looking forward to a ER Glasshouse shed with Deltics, Brush 4s, Type 4s, Peaks, Type3s, Brush 2s, Bo-Bos, Type 1s and BTHs.....must not forget Baby Deltics all in wonderful green livery. Tucked up in the corner an Ex B1 carriage heating unit.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Looking forward to a ER Glasshouse shed with Deltics, Brush 4s, Type 4s, Peaks, Type3s, Brush 2s, Bo-Bos, Type 1s and BTHs.....must not forget Baby Deltics all in wonderful green livery. Tucked up in the corner an Ex B1 carriage heating unit.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

9 hours ago, KNP said:

Well, all change again then and in the mean time I just plod on with Little Muddle.........though there are times I do start doodling and thinking what if.....

But then

I come up with another change for it

so off we go again...

and after all this poor old layout has become part of the family now.

That aside, I will follow your new layout with interest in what ever direction you decide to go with you new layout no matter where you post it......!!

And I so admire modellers like yourself, that can keep on the strait and narrow, and still find NEW things to do and excite.

I'm really envious if the truth be known, as "T" was supposed to be like that, a long term project.

Keep you pics and dedication going Kevin, it still inspires daily.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Quite understand why you want to move on. As a concept I very much liked the idea of a terminus serving two routes. It gives lots of options for connecting trains and shunting stock in and out of the single platform. But if it doesn’t work for you...

Also, steam sound hasn’t convinced me yet, synchronisation being the primary issue, so I thought you chose well not to use it this time.  On the other hand diesel sound is generally getting better all the time, although recording preserved diesels that see limited use at low speeds doesn’t quite match what I remember of a loco running well on the main line.

So I’ll be looking forward to see how Budoc TMD develops while you decide what comes next.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 16/06/2022 at 19:53, Andrew P said:

Thanks, apart from the Provender Store Siding its a copy of Bodmin General so I took prototype inspiration from that, and its worked well with two entrance / exit destinations.

I need to find your thread for a look, is it on here anywhere?

No it’s not on here mainly because it proceeds at a snails pace , and it’s nothing special in terms of modelling. On top of that my garage is practically full of my daughters furniture till she moves into her new flat and my soldering iron is underneath it all somewhere so,I’m just tinkering round the edges. Maybe when there’s something worth seeing I’ll post some pictures.🙂

• Friendly/supportive 5

1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

Quite understand why you want to move on. As a concept I very much liked the idea of a terminus serving two routes. It gives lots of options for connecting trains and shunting stock in and out of the single platform. But if it doesn’t work for you...

Also, steam sound hasn’t convinced me yet, synchronisation being the primary issue, so I thought you chose well not to use it this time.  On the other hand diesel sound is generally getting better all the time, although recording preserved diesels that see limited use at low speeds doesn’t quite match what I remember of a loco running well on the main line.

So I’ll be looking forward to see how Budoc TMD develops while you decide what comes next.

Cheers Andrew, Totally right about Steam Sound, especially in the smaller scales with not a lot of room for a BIG Bass Speaker, OR TWO.😃

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jazzer said:

No it’s not on here mainly because it proceeds at a snails pace , and it’s nothing special in terms of modelling. On top of that my garage is practically full of my daughters furniture till she moves into her new flat and my soldering iron is underneath it all somewhere so,I’m just tinkering round the edges. Maybe when there’s something worth seeing I’ll post some pictures.🙂

Tell her the Garage has a leaky roof, that'll get the stuff moved out pretty quick. 🤣  👍.

• Funny 8

On 18/06/2022 at 10:23, Clive Mortimore said:

in 7mm of course

Ill get my coat

Paul R

• Funny 2

28 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

DSCF0014.thumb.JPG.601ff98d16f2e343624ac87894aab888.JPG

So I've sorted the sound for your chuff chuffs out Mr P so you don't have to sell the layout now.

All you need to do is print off this message, cut out the various sounds and then stick them on your various chuff chuffs. You see I said I'd help you out. Anyway here are the various sounds for you.

First one is a chuff chuff under steam - chuff. Chuff.  Chuff.  Chuff

Next one is the chuff chuff reversing - ffuhc. Ffuhc. Ffuhc. Ffuhc

Then we have it shunting - clash bang wallop

And finally we have the express - whoo...... Whoo............whooo...........,.whooooo

For the last one you can speed itup or slow it down. The choice is yours.

So there you have it. Its alright I don't want paying for them. You can have this one on me.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Funny 12

33 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

So I've sorted the sound for your chuff chuffs out Mr P so you don't have to sell the layout now.

All you need to do is print off this message, cut out the various sounds and then stick them on your various chuff chuffs. You see I said I'd help you out. Anyway here are the various sounds for you.

And finally we have the express - whoo...... Whoo............whooo...........,.whooooo

So there you have it. Its alright I don't want paying for them. You can have this one on me.

Thanks, but, I think your medication is wearing off. 😮

NURSE, 🤓 🤣  👍.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

You have heard me when I am driving my layout.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4