Trewithen, BR/WR BLT.

Andrew P

2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Yes Andy - the big box definitelyqualities as a s*dding nuisance with these particular signals,  Mind you where i shall have to put mine the big box helps ensure it's well clear of the fouling point of a crossover.

BUT, On the plus side, they do have a nice bounce, and are quiet in operation. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

You could go even further forward... 31414 was still blue in the condition of your model at least until 1989. 

Better watch out for tomorrow's pic then Andrew.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lmsforever said:

Andy be careful with all this leaping forward ,bit dodgy at our age!!!!    like the 47 layout is coming on well.Chris

Hi Chris, Cheers for the reminder. and I now have some interest in the Layout, but Fridays Video could be interesting. 😃  👍.

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, BlackRat said:

Say 76 and you could get away with the road vehicles as well 😀

Very good point, I picked 86 because of the Network South East Branding on the coaches, but the Cars are going to a Classic Car Rally. 😁

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

“Rambling old git “ but please don’t change Andy me old mucker 😇

Have to say that the changing the period idea works well if your like you and I who have a range of periods that are of modelling interest. 
Still think it will be a shame to see Trewithen being sold but it’s your railway Andy and it makes interesting to see what other ideas you hatch in the POD 🤣 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gismorail said:

“Rambling old git “ but please don’t change Andy me old mucker 😇

Have to say that the changing the period idea works well if your like you and I who have a range of periods that are of modelling interest. 
Still think it will be a shame to see Trewithen being sold but it’s your railway Andy and it makes interesting to see what other ideas you hatch in the POD 🤣 

Cheers Martin, I have two potential buyers lined up, but just waiting to make final plans to view and hopefully at least one, to conclude a deal.

I'm almost ready to go with the new project, but sadly it won't be on Railway Modellers Social Media Platforms, except maybe for Facebook = The Model Railway Group.

Don't ask, but I have my reasons, so I'll disclose on our Whatsap Group mate.

• Friendly/supportive 3

12 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Martin, I have two potential buyers lined up, but just waiting to make final plans to view and hopefully at least one, to conclude a deal.

I'm almost ready to go with the new project, but sadly it won't be on Railway Modellers Social Media Platforms, except maybe for Facebook = The Model Railway Group.

Don't ask, but I have my reasons, so I'll disclose on our Whatsap Group mate.

I'm sorry to read this as I enjoy my dally fix. I don't do facebook, so I'm going to get withdrawal symptoms. Trevor

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

1 hour ago, shedman said:

I'm sorry to read this as I enjoy my dally fix. I don't do facebook, so I'm going to get withdrawal symptoms. Trevor

Your mate Martin and the rest of the North Wales Gang say I should continue on here, and so I may do, and put the negative comments in the wheelie bin.🤣 👍.

Glad you get a morning FIX, mate, I do when I see Kevin's, @KNP Little Muddle of a morning.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning Andy, I suspect that your current downer is due to comments you've had on the realistic photos thread. To be honest I don't see why the handful of comments should result in you deciding to post elsewhere.

Andy Y did state a purpose for the realistic photos thread and, in my mind to align with that, I would only offer up photos that came really close to being indistinguishable from the real thing. You and others had feedback that posted photos weren't matching up to the remit of the thread. 

You've continued to offer up further photos and have had constructive feedback on a few elements you could improve. A couple of obvious things that would be easy to address to increase the realism. You have been quite dismissive in response.

The impression I get is that you're only interested in the positive comments and consider anything else as a personal slight. This really isn't the case. Constructive feedback is part of forum life and is offered to help people improve their modelling. I had a lot in the past and have learned a lot from comments.

If you don't want constructive feedback, and perhaps believe you have nothing to learn from them, why post on any public forum? My advice would be to not throw the toys out of the pram (there's no need), carry on posting in your own threads (folk do enjoy the posts), perhaps avoid the realistic photo thread (as this seems to be causing you grief) and be more open to taking on board feedback (there's lots to be learnt and we can all improve).

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Your mate Martin and the rest of the North Wales Gang say I should continue on here, and so I may do, and put the negative comments in the wheelie bin.🤣 👍.

Glad you get a morning FIX, mate, I do when I see Kevin's, @KNP Little Muddle of a morning.

Yes I’m with Shedman on this. Mug of coffee and a visit to Trewithin, Little Muddle and a few other quality layouts is my morning ease into the day. Life wouldn’t be without my morning fix so I do hope you will feel able to continue

• Like 3
  • Agree 8

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Great news Andy, and thanks also to the North Wales Gang. Anyone making negative comments about your fine work have no taste and should be barred. Constructive criticism should be permitted, nothing negative. All the Best, Trevor

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Morning Andy, I suspect that your current downer is due to comments you've had on the realistic photos thread. To be honest I don't see why the handful of comments should result in you deciding to post elsewhere.

Andy Y did state a purpose for the realistic photos thread and, in my mind to align with that, I would only offer up photos that came really close to being indistinguishable from the real thing. You and others had feedback that posted photos weren't matching up to the remit of the thread. 

You've continued to offer up further photos and have had constructive feedback on a few elements you could improve. A couple of obvious things that would be easy to address to increase the realism. You have been quite dismissive in response.

The impression I get is that you're only interested in the positive comments and consider anything else as a personal slight. This really isn't the case. Constructive feedback is part of forum life and is offered to help people improve their modelling. I had a lot in the past and have learned a lot from comments.

If you don't want constructive feedback, and perhaps believe you have nothing to learn from them, why post on any public forum? My advice would be to not throw the toys out of the pram (there's no need), carry on posting in your own threads (folk do enjoy the posts), perhaps avoid the realistic photo thread (as this seems to be causing you grief) and be more open to taking on board feedback (there's lots to be learnt and we can all improve).

All valid points presented in a factual and balanced manner, Chris. 

When we as individuals post photos or information on a forum, we  open ourselves up to criticism, constructive or otherwise.. 

Simply put, if you're not prepared for this then don't pop your head above the parapet. 

Rob.

• Agree 11

I for one enjoy the pics you post Andy and I hope that you will continue to share your next project on YouTube. I will be watching.  I have your latest videos on my watch list but have not yet had the time to view them.

You have your reasons for not wanting to share them and, whilst I am not party to these, I do not think it is appropriate for others to speculate on what they might be. 

You are a very talented modeller Andy and I look forward to seeing more of your efforts.

• Like 4
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1