Trewithen, BR/WR BLT.

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Wasn’t the white coal the stuff they put at the edges of the stacks to spot if some miscreant or ne’er dowell has been nicking the coal ……….. oh.  Someone has 😀 

Are you going to put some way of accessing the deck of the coal stage in?

Brian

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dragonboy said:

Wasn’t the white coal the stuff they put at the edges of the stacks to spot if some miscreant or ne’er dowell has been nicking the coal ……….. oh.  Someone has 😀 

Brian

I thought it was a safety war-time precaution to help prevent people tripping over it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragonboy said:

Brian

I didn't know that.

And as for access.......................WHOOPS. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Trying not to be too picky here.  It looks like an engine coaling in the siding would be foul of the running lines.  Could you move it further along the siding so that it is ‘built’ clear of the invisible trap points. (Appreciate that there may be issues with staying clear of the backscene so as not to look naff!)

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, 5BarVT said:

Trying not to be too picky here.  It looks like an engine coaling in the siding would be foul of the running lines.  Could you move it further along the siding so that it is ‘built’ clear of the invisible trap points. (Appreciate that there may be issues with staying clear of the backscene so as not to look naff!)

Paul.

Yes indeed, it does clear the Points and invisible trap that I haven't fitted yet, and will have a final resting place, once the Water Tower arrives and I see how it will all fit in.

Thanks Paul for your valued input as always mate.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Enjoyed the video Andy only just got round to watching it herself has had the TV on watching all the jubilee stuff didn't seem to think train noises would add to it.

Don

• Friendly/supportive 2

9 hours ago, Donw said:

Enjoyed the video Andy only just got round to watching it herself has had the TV on watching all the jubilee stuff didn't seem to think train noises would add to it.

Don

Cheers Don,  Glad you enjoyed it, Hows the move going?

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Long way from Hither Green that one!

Nice shot though

Paul R

Had Beeching NOT done his deed, you may well have seen 33's on the Withered Arm I recon Paul.

Just imagine that sound as it pulls up through the Woods and cuttings out of Trewithen.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Had Beeching NOT done his deed, you may well have seen 33's on the Withered Arm I recon Paul.

Yes but probably not the Slim Jims (33/2s) though.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

Yes but probably not the Slim Jims (33/2s) though.

Yes they did, because the line never had its Trees cut back, so Slims were the only thing to go through.😁

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 6

Well I've spent a couple of hours this morning playing with the positioning and Land form for the Cottage.

I'm still not convinced, but once the Lawn is laid, a nice hedge around and maybe some flowers and Veggie patch it may look better.

I'll leave it in place for a few days and see if it grows on me, or I get any other ideas.

IMG_0009.JPG.e69730e33c4b968e464c0dc003c18a7c.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG.667794cac0cac800be5a70e7e3c12ef7.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG.b4e38cb350cdf655d5179d06d5af4c2d.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG.7f55fab6b34a4b6b5b6de7e17cb02490.JPGIMG_0013.JPG.2628d4cdd76fcfaff2d284cdfd8a8992.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG.2ade9c06f605567d88c8c47986278484.JPG

• Like 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

31 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Oh Gawd he's thinking again lads!

Get your seat belts on and strap everything down as knowing Mr P, as we do, it's going to be all change.

Anyone for a bit of Somerset and Dorset?  😃

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

How about turning the cottage so it faces the road and sitting right on the edge as they did in the good old days…….no drive just a couple of gravel strips for vehicles in the grass down the side

Just thinking out loud….!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 4
  • Agree 4