Model Rail 301

bubbles2

What has happened to Model Rail no. 301, advertised as out 1st June my subscription copy usually arrives a few days before it’s in the shops but nothing yet, several people on face book saying it’s not out yet, it would be good to see an explanation from the publishers.

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, bubbles2 said:

What has happened to Model Rail no. 301, advertised as out 1st June my subscription copy usually arrives a few days before it’s in the shops but nothing yet, several people on face book saying it’s not out yet, it would be good to see an explanation from the publishers.

Have you tried asking the publishers, rather than random strangers on the internet?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

I suspect there will be 3 days of backlog at the post office to start with, could have been late to the printers to start with but there could be a load of different reasons for that.

• Agree 1

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I'm not worrying yet, I'm just patient.

Months ago I regularly used to get it delivered on the Saturday or Monday prior to the Wednesday publication date. This has now slipped to around the date, or within a couple of days past it. I assume they have changed their delivery methods.

And of course, we have had the 4 day Bank Holiday. It could have been published earlier and distributed (which it obviously wasn't0, or it could have been delayed by the holiday (which seems to be the case). It will come when it arrives, no big issue.

3 hours ago, bubbles2 said:

Since the 1st June the post office will not have been working for 3 of the 5 days (today being the 6th) due to the jubilee bank holidays and the weekend, so subscription copies will understandably have been a little delayed. I'm not concerned (yet) at its none appearance, and will wait patiently.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, spamcan61 said:

Have you tried asking the publishers, rather than random strangers on the internet?

Yes, first email failed due to ‘an error’ second one got an automated reply.

2 hours ago, Downer said:

Since it should have been available this Thursday (the 9th), I would guess that the June 1 announcement was simply a mistake. 

Well that’s probably the best explanation, no big deal just wondering if others had received their issues, thanks to all the random strangers on here who replied 😉.

6 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

If it is it is very well hidden - but I've only had a quick scan through

You must have read it before midday then, don't the pages magically appear at Midday or is that just on the internet where Andy can unhide content at a given time that he created days earlier? 😀

• Funny 3

On 07/06/2022 at 12:29, MikeParkin65 said:

Does the new issue have the Accurascale Suburban's announcement? Just wonder if it was held back for yesterdays announcement

If we held back magazines for new product announcements, they would never go to press! (CJL)

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

The phrasing of the last few lines of this mention of these  new products  from Osborn's cannot have been coincidental...............

Screenshot_20220610-073002_Readly.thumb.jpg.1c87e122807af34d706b940144410083.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 11

On 10/06/2022 at 07:52, NHY 581 said:

The phrasing of the last few lines of this mention of these  new products  from Osborn's cannot have been coincidental...............

Screenshot_20220610-073002_Readly.thumb.jpg.1c87e122807af34d706b940144410083.jpg

Must have made a Boris figure…

steve

• Round of applause 1

On 06/06/2022 at 09:36, bubbles2 said:

But the website said 9th of June which just happens to be 4 weeks from the release date of copy No 300.

My subscription copy arrived on Monday the 6th of June.

• Like 1