Warley National Exhibition 26th & 27th November 2022

Chris M

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Elaine said:

Stand E11 is Attwood Aggregates and is on the floor plan, Stand E11A is Keeping it Rusty is not on the floor plan, with a lot of last minute changes the floor plan should not have been put into the public domain, is this the reason why the 2019 floor plan is still on the website??  just hope all of the corrections are sorted for the happy band of "Yellow Canary" volunteers helping people find stands and on the website version for people planning their route around the hall.

Me too Elaine! Dealing with the range of changes has been a challenge for all concerned and it does look as though show guide/magazine and floor plan therein was published in good faith- and then the changes started - it would have been possible I guess to say no it is set in stone and put off some new names. I guess it will be an adventure for some ...  600 tables amd 1400 chairs hired now not bad for the local clubs local show in a local hall.  See you on 38 very soon

Robert    

• Like 2

There have been a lot of late changes to trade stands this year and this has made keeping the plan up to date very difficult. The alternative would have been to have a cut off date with no changes after that date. The way it has been done has enabled some trade exhibitors who were on the waiting list to attend. 

Edited by Chris M
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Me too Elaine! Dealing with the range of changes has been a challenge for all concerned and it does look as though show guide/magazine and floor plan therein was published in good faith- and then the changes started - it would have been possible I guess to say no it is set in stone and put off some new names. I guess it will be an adventure for some ...  600 tables amd 1400 chairs hired now not bad for the local clubs local show in a local hall.  See you on 38 very soon

Robert    

Good luck with that, we will be aiming to be spot on time to get the full use of our 1 hour slot inside the zone, please remember I am the alternative B31, wonder if I will get the heart after my company name from the person with the chalk....! as I did back in 2018 🧐

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, black and decker boy said:

Not sure if previously mentioned but the M6 is currently closed overnight on WEEKDAYS from J7 to J11 NORTHBOUND, 10pm to 6am, so may impact exhibitors getting to hotels tomorrow.

should be no impact on visitors on the weekend

National Highways

That's some serious setting up if they need a week+ ....😀

34 minutes ago, black and decker boy said:

Not sure if previously mentioned but the M6 is currently closed overnight on WEEKDAYS from J7 to J11 NORTHBOUND, 10pm to 6am, so may impact exhibitors getting to hotels tomorrow.

should be no impact on visitors on the weekend

National Highways

You almost gave me a heart attack!!! I have everything booked for next weekend, the right weekend... lol!!!

• RMweb Gold

not sure what to do now, my friday job finishes in kings norton at about 04:00 on the saturday so its a long time to wait for the show to open but also early enough to drive over, grab some breakfast en route and park up in the railway staff car park and have a sleep for a while, i do now however also need to go to silloth the same weekend to bring dominic home from his summer job and lock down the caravan for the winter, driving there straight from work at 4am also appeals to me too as it will be quiet on the motorway, think im going to have to evaluate my plans nearer the time!

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, big jim said:

not sure what to do now, my friday job finishes in kings norton at about 04:00 on the saturday so its a long time to wait for the show to open but also early enough to drive over, grab some breakfast en route and park up in the railway staff car park and have a sleep for a while, i do now however also need to go to silloth the same weekend to bring dominic home from his summer job and lock down the caravan for the winter, driving there straight from work at 4am also appeals to me too as it will be quiet on the motorway, think im going to have to evaluate my plans nearer the time!

Come over to the Crowne plaza for Breakfast.

• RMweb Gold

Excellent!

I will have two brand new Wild Swan books for sale on my stand A02 at Warley.

This is one of them:

Thunderbolts-Last-Run-Cover.jpg.3a93c64fed5b2df9a01456d3cfc8532c.jpg

I'm expecting the lorries today, so fingers crossed that they can get in through the car park and that Charlie gets out of bed to help me shift them all....

Simon

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Not Jeremy said:

Excellent!

I will have two brand new Wild Swan books for sale on my stand A02 at Warley.

This is one of them:

Thunderbolts-Last-Run-Cover.jpg.3a93c64fed5b2df9a01456d3cfc8532c.jpg

I'm expecting the lorries today, so fingers crossed that they can get in through the car park and that Charlie gets out of bed to help me shift them all....

Simon

Excellent I’ll pop over to grab one at the show, I was going to pm you to see if they were near 😄

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, RJS1977 said:

There are probably quite a few of us who wish it was this weekend (from my perspective, even with the strike at TVSC this coming Saturday, the relevant trains between Reading and Birmingham are running, which they won't be next weekend).

For some reason I keep thinking it is the 19th/20th. Strange.

Just been told by East Midlands Trains that due to Industrial Action on the 26th there will be no trains between London and the NEC and a rubbish service on the 27th and that I should apply for a refund on my pre-booked ticket 🤬

Good job I didn't pre-pay for the show itself .

Oh well, 2023 then.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

I gather coach prices are very much dependent on when you want to travel and how far in advance you book. Things get much pricier if you want to travel at peak time and only book a few days in advance.