RMweb

Warley National Exhibition 26th & 27th November 2022

Chris M

I'm now more or less organised for the resin demo at the NEC this weekend, and if the lingering effects of the cold I started with three weeks ago don't hinder me too much I may be able to make a half-decent job of the demonstration, and of answering questions. I have a display of items made wholly or partly from resin castings at the ready, so at least there will be something for visitors to see if my powers begin to ebb!

IMG_20221124_130217.jpg.78ff1e47d5fa2b58f2f581b8bf97deaf.jpg

Those "in the know" regarding my 2019 performance may be pleased to know that I have not forgotten the infamous Georgian-style butler tray...

IMG_20221124_122321.jpg.c658bfb4920017ce0d8799268ca4bfe5.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I've dug my trolley, test track and lights out of the loft. Also found the all important ratchet strap. Got a half day tomorrow afternoon to pack and sort out the demo locos etc. 

my demo should look pretty much like it did in 2019

DSC_1052.JPG.1898db244535e599a2c99cc4d020e65d.JPG

Although I should have a demo of the DMG Electech/ANE LD101 controller to use too 😃

Let hope there's less of this though 😉

DSC_1053.JPG.d67b9b0db0e7879d420944878745d783.JPG

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

2 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

Did that chap get his dates wrong on the calendar and end up wondering why so much of the Camping and Caravan show consisted of trains?

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

I'm giving it a miss this year as I don't currently have the required stamina, even without the travel issues!

Hoping to make it a Thursday-Monday break next year and take in the Motorbike show too.

At least nobody will suffer the 0847 XC cattle truck from Basingstoke this Saturday.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

Being as that's me on the left with the black and grey backpack and my close friend, I should point out he filled that bergen up completely with stuff he brought at the show, thing was a godsend.

Amusingly so far as I am aware, I was the only one to hit someone with my own backpack quite by accident, not him...

Though it has been incredibly amusing watching people froth about it for several years now.

Maybe I should bring my own this year seeing as he kindly bought me one too? :)

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Din said:

Being as that's me on the left with the black and grey backpack and my close friend, I should point out he filled that bergen up completely with stuff he brought at the show, thing was a godsend.

Amusingly so far as I am aware, I was the only one to hit someone with my own backpack quite by accident, not him...

Though it has been incredibly amusing watching people froth about it for several years now.

He must have very deep pockets to fill that with toy trains, not jealous at all 😉

• Agree 1

Just now, RedgateModels said:

He must have very deep pockets to fill that with toy trains, not jealous at all 😉

You are not the only one. His main interest is in model planes, thankfully. But he developed a taste for BR Corporate Blue and things like the APT.

He's also an expert bargain hunter and charity shop afficionado, so did incredibly well. I think we did several miles lapping the hall to check all the stalls for items he wanted and make notes of the prices.

People will be pleased to know he won't be attending this year, but I'm attached to a much bigger group to cause a different kind of chaos instead. ;)

1 minute ago, RedgateModels said:

Shame, I'll have my corporate blue APT-P power car with me, he could have had a look 😀

I'll come find you and take some pics for him, he'll like that. He's gutted he can't come, but work's gotten in the way and this is his weekend working.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Annoyingly a possible change of job Friday night now, was finishing in kings norton early on but now I may be doing a train at 02:30 off carlisle to crewe finishing there at 06:00, the start of the job works out good as it means I can go with my wife in her car to Carlisle tomorrow evening (as she’s going to the caravan to help lock it down for the winter) but can I then be bothered to drive all the way down to international in my car from crewe, having a Kip until opening time knowing I’ve got to drive back to silloth in the evening too

decisions decisions! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 23/11/2022 at 11:53, Keith J said:

OK, thanks.

Bought ticket today online and it says:

Your booking confirmation from The Ticket Factory.
Your tickets will be held at the venue for collection!

Anyone know where to collect them?

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Din said:

More sustainable than plastic bags.....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ruggedpeak said:

Bought ticket today online and it says:

Your booking confirmation from The Ticket Factory.
Your tickets will be held at the venue for collection!

Anyone know where to collect them?

Going on past years there should be a desk in the foyer where you walk in from the car park bus. Just ask any NEC staff - they are the ones in blue jackets - unless it has changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

I've dug my trolley, test track and lights out of the loft. Also found the all important ratchet strap. Got a half day tomorrow afternoon to pack and sort out the demo locos etc. 

I spy my tartan blanket, desk lamp and stylish yellow coat in that image, as well as a lady I know.

4 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

Although I should have a demo of the DMG Electech/ANE LD101 controller to use too 😃

I’ll bring some sniper tape to sort out those loose straps and my spring balance to check that it’s weighted to 25kg…

Paul