Tonleigh Bridge (East Yard) Speedlink

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

The changes that will be made, when I have some time over the weekend will . . . [be] . . . on a much smaller scale.

We knew it; he's downsizing to Z gauge and going to model a marshalling yard.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Ray H said:

We knew it; he's downsizing to Z gauge and going to model a marshalling yard.  🙂

Noooooooooo 😁

BUT, did someone mention TT?🤣

NO, I did mean smaller in area, as you well know young Raymond. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers for your explanation, I'm not sure hump yards were still used in the Speedlink era, I can't think of any.

The changes that will be made, when I have some time over the weekend will make it more like Bescot, Didcot, Tonbridge Yard and Eastleigh, but on a much smaller scale.

Cheers again for your valued input.

Dringhouses was a major Speedlink yard until 1987  - 6 reception and 9 sorting sidings.  I think the hump was used up to the end (might not have had any choice but to go over it).   It's sort of on your scale with regards your fiddleyard and reception sidings on Tonleigh.

Looking forwards to tomorrow's video.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Dringhouses was a major Speedlink yard until 1987  - 6 reception and 9 sorting sidings.  I think the hump was used up to the end (might not have had any choice but to go over it).   It's sort of on your scale with regards your fiddleyard and reception sidings on Tonleigh.

I remember the Dringhouses hump in its last couple of years but I seem to recall that the yard was shunted conventionally by then, even though trains did have to go over the hump in the process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

54 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Agh yes, the Video, don't get to excited mate. 🤣

55 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

47 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

I remember the Dringhouses hump in its last couple of years but I seem to recall that the yard was shunted conventionally by then, even though trains did have to go over the hump in the process.

My Track Laying is like a Hump Yard on the Main Line. 😆

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Well Guys, as yesterday ended on a particularly gloomy note, (RIP E11R, God save the King), I had filmed the ending prior to that, so it seems up beat and bubbly at the end.

Its only short, but I hope you enjoy it.

Video No 8.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Andrew P said:

My Track Laying is like a Hump Yard on the Main Line. 😆

We all aim for perfectly flat track yet the real thing is anything but. 

l watched a Les Gilpin video this week of trains around Carlisle. The track is incredible and if we modelled our track like that nothing would stay on.

Brian

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Dragonboy said:

We all aim for perfectly flat track yet the real thing is anything but. 

l watched a Les Gilpin video this week of trains around Carlisle. The track is incredible and if we modelled our track like that nothing would stay on.

Brian

Are you sure that wasn't the long-lens effect, with which any piece of track can look terrible!!

• Agree 1

Well folks, a busy couple of days, so there will be plenty to shout about in Video No 9.

Firstly the North end of the Yard has been re jigged. there is now a common run around line for all the Yard and it also has a head shunt and access to the Loco Stabling Point.

All 7 through Lines now have direct access to and from the Main Running Line.

The 3 Shunting Loops will give me somewhere to make up and re arrange Trains, PLUS still store Locos, as per Eastleigh.

IMG_0693.JPG.893803761839438132c54071063e9d29.JPG

1658542380_IMG_0693-Copy.JPG.89aa5e75d2dd6fe5e6e05d5e44ef26f0.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

Next this is the  Head shunt and access to the Loco Stabling Point, now more like the old Newport.

Also you will see the short Spur that will be switchable between the Main and Programming side of the power source. 

IMG_0694.JPG.4fa47d4f8640fb9608948d59a8617691.JPG

2085002566_IMG_0694-Copy.JPG.3e9aa828feca74aa854ff255a4cd4502.JPG

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Firstly the North end of the Yard has been re jigged. there is now a common run around line for all the Yard and it also has a head shunt and access to the Loco Stabling Point.

Even better if I might be so bold to say.

Paul.

• Thanks 1