Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Tonleigh Bridge (East Yard) Speedlink

Andrew P

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Good stuff Andy - hopefully a video soon?

Paul R

22 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I wouldn't pressure him - if he's happier doing a bit of bodging in between strumming guitars then I'm happy for him.

Asking for more content might take the fun out of it, which is what is should be.

Cheers both, No Video at the moment as I only do little bits when in the mood. See Below.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Keep up the good work, Andy.  Glad to see the scenic bits continuing.  I am still amazed how quickly you laid the ballast.  All good wishes, Neil.

• Thanks 1

Good to see you back know how life gets in the way  thats something I experience regularly\  my layouit is being changed on an ongoing basis  ,every now and then I even run trains. Glad the music is getting on well  we are going out Thursday evening to a do with a local band playing who are very good ,they are shall we say been around for a while and know how to entertain.

1 hour ago, C126 said:

Keep up the good work, Andy.  Glad to see the scenic bits continuing.  I am still amazed how quickly you laid the ballast.  All good wishes, Neil.

Thanks Neil, and you comments much appreciated. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lmsforever said:

Good to see you back know how life gets in the way  thats something I experience regularly\  my layouit is being changed on an ongoing basis  ,every now and then I even run trains. Glad the music is getting on well  we are going out Thursday evening to a do with a local band playing who are very good ,they are shall we say been around for a while and know how to entertain.

We formed in the mid 90's but all been playing as individuals since we were kids, and that's over 60 years ago for 2 of us. 😁

Our Drummer aged 15 in 2005.

20230227_103724.jpg.433dc2c1c430d459b801b084b65f3156.jpg

And now.

317083964_195517476315641_616557143490158246_n.jpg.913b96a3274be445f599994b93fbf77e.jpg

IMG_7832.JPG.f9d5200029d12eb82e2d94fcf94a63c5.JPG

60s.jpg.18def181c42538a66a01dbc3f139fc56.jpg

Running Trains? 😗  Oh yes I remember, you turn a control knob if I remember rightly. 🤣

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers both, No Video at the moment as I only do little bits when in the mood. See Below.

Thought yours was a guitar and drum band Andy .. have you extended into Big Band material? In which case if your going down the Glen Miller route can I suggest Chattanooga Choo Choo?

Rich

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Yesterday I overlaid the Metcalf paper brick pillars with Wills Brick plasticard.

And today weathered them.

20230621_104434.jpg.f8ededb9acd0fce4c231c3d5d53d5439.jpg

Good to see a bit of progress now you've got a bit of mojo back. By the way, is this your first overbridge without a bus going over it? No bus, or indeed any traffic, suggests a more rural location if that's what you're looking for, despite the "new" station.

Keep enjoying the music too.

• Funny 1

On 21/06/2023 at 13:58, MarshLane said:

Thought yours was a guitar and drum band Andy .. have you extended into Big Band material? In which case if your going down the Glen Miller route can I suggest Chattanooga Choo Choo?

Rich

I did play a bit of that sort of stuff the other night at an Open Mic night, but still prefer THE MIGHTY QUO. 😄

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Good to see a bit of progress now you've got a bit of mojo back. By the way, is this your first overbridge without a bus going over it? No bus, or indeed any traffic, suggests a more rural location if that's what you're looking for, despite the "new" station.

Keep enjoying the music too.

I don't even OWN a Bus, ''''''''YET. 😁

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Very Impressive Andy.

My modelling is stuck for a bit - I still have a few repairs to stock to do after the recent running session but I am currently building a 1/32 scale grandstand for a friend for his Scalextric. 

All the best and don't forget there are double points on Mojo boxes with a Tesco Clubcard. (other loyalty cards are available but you can't get Tesco Finest Mojo in Sainsburys!)

Paul R

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Wonderful.  Glad to see the first S.R. lineside hut in situ.  Are you intending to paint the ballast?  For sanity's sake, I suggest not... 😄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gz3xzf said:

Good to see you back Andy, still haven't found mine!! 😪😉😁🤣

Cheers Bryan, Sorry to hear that mate, at the moment mine comes and goes every few days with so much else going on in my life. I'm sure you will get it back soon, but don't rush it, otherwise like me a few Months ago, you regret some things that were done in a rush. All the best.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 hours ago, pwr said:

Very Impressive Andy.

My modelling is stuck for a bit - I still have a few repairs to stock to do after the recent running session but I am currently building a 1/32 scale grandstand for a friend for his Scalextric. 

All the best and don't forget there are double points on Mojo boxes with a Tesco Clubcard. (other loyalty cards are available but you can't get Tesco Finest Mojo in Sainsburys!)

Paul R

Can you use the points towards a BIG BREAKFAST? Good luck with that Stadium Buddy.

15 hours ago, C126 said:

Wonderful.  Glad to see the first S.R. lineside hut in situ.  Are you intending to paint the ballast?  For sanity's sake, I suggest not... 😄

Cheers C126, Some Ballast areas will have a light dusting and a few dirty / oily patches where Locos stand, but that will be minimal now.  

6 hours ago, David Bell said:

That is all looking rather splendid Mr P.

Cheers

David

Well thank you very much David, there may even be a Video out again soon. Appreciate you input mate.

6 hours ago, sjrixon said:

Nice scenery! Glad the mojo kicked it.. You also got me going, so I grabbed the kids and we started some scenery at the weekend.. 

Great news Scott, just the sort of story I love to hear, and gets re energised to do even more. Cheers Scott.