Accurascale Selects The Nuclear Option; Modern FNA-D Nuclear Flask Wagons In OO/4mm

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Gray69 said:

So you won't be buying any of these then. He is very positive about the wagon

There is nothing in Sam's video that is not mentioned in the real customer reviews.

Hi @Gray69,

I think @McC was merely pointing out that there are lots of reviews on the website if people wanted a cross section of opinion, rather than based off one review. All equally valid, as was Sam's conclusions on the model. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Gilbert said:

His last two minutes were a ringing endorsement.

The review was mostly positive. He could have been more careful with the battery installation.

These wagons have brass bearings. A tiny drop of light oil gets the wheels spinning a little more freely. A little running in will get the oil migrating to the axle box covers and they should run even more freely. As stated theses were in small rakes unless having a go at the 8 or 10 wagon delivery scenario. Pleased I have another set coming today 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Pleased I have another set coming today 🙂

You weren't the only one @zr2498, as I had another delivery this morning.  😀  They are lovely wagons!

As for the second delivery, well I blame that contagious Accurascaleitus!  🤣

Edited by Sweetling Park
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick video of 37423 pulling the FNA's empty to collect waste. Can you spot the odd one out? Here's a clue, it's not the first one, an old Bachmann FNA by the way. Smashing wagons that run really will on my layout with no derailing problems at all.

Edited by Tony Walker

16 minutes ago, Tony Walker said:

Quick video of 37423 pulling the FNA's empty to collect waste. Can you spot the odd one out? Here's a clue, it's not the first one, an old Bachmann FNA by the way. Smashing wagons that run really will on my layout with no derailing problems at all.

Revolutionary, my dear Watson!

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a query re battery life.  My pair of Accurascale FNAs arrived on 12th July and I installed the recommended batteries for the flashing tail light.  Everything worked perfectly and after running the wagons on my small layout a couple of times I switched off the flashing light and packed the wagons away again shortly afterwards.     I brought the wagons out for another run today but could not get the tail light to illuminate.   I fitted fresh batteries and hey presto the light was working again.    I had wondered why the batteries came in a ten pack when I only needed to install two.  Are these small batteries intended for single use only, like the old battery powered model 'planes which only gave you one short flight from the battery?  Or could the light inadvertently have started flashing while the wagons were packed in their box and thus drained the original batteries?

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, cessna152towser said:

Just a query re battery life.  My pair of Accurascale FNAs arrived on 12th July and I installed the recommended batteries for the flashing tail light.  Everything worked perfectly and after running the wagons on my small layout a couple of times I switched off the flashing light and packed the wagons away again shortly afterwards.     I brought the wagons out for another run today but could not get the tail light to illuminate.   I fitted fresh batteries and hey presto the light was working again.    I had wondered why the batteries came in a ten pack when I only needed to install two.  Are these small batteries intended for single use only, like the old battery powered model 'planes which only gave you one short flight from the battery?  Or could the light inadvertently have started flashing while the wagons were packed in their box and thus drained the original batteries?

Sounds like they were magnetically activated while going into storage - we have a test set which has been flashing for 5 week on a battery, continuously.

Edited by McC
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just received pack C I believe, I have to admit I wasn’t going to buy these until I decided to model a few diesels, after receiving 37-607 simply stunning I have to say. The more you look the more you see. I decided to get one pack for now, wow the detail is mind blowing. I did spend ten minutes trying to get the lights to work using a Riga fridge magnet has no magnetic wond is provided, is this normal?

Then I discovered batteries are not either. I think a second pair are definitely  going to have to be bought. 

Job well done by the lads at Accurascale 

IMG_2334.jpeg

Edited by farren
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

As I'm moving my modelling location to the Cumbrian Coast in 2017/18 so I can model the DRS 37's and Mk2F's, I've decided that I could probably do with a couple of these FNA wagons, but were they in service during that date?  Would they also be mixed with the older Bachmann FNA's as well?

1 hour ago, jools1959 said:

As I'm moving my modelling location to the Cumbrian Coast in 2017/18 so I can model the DRS 37's and Mk2F's, I've decided that I could probably do with a couple of these FNA wagons, but were they in service during that date?  Would they also be mixed with the older Bachmann FNA's as well?

My research suggests yes to both. I've collected some photos here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/peterdaniel/galleries/72157720230611599/

• Like 1