Accurascale Selects The Nuclear Option; Modern FNA-D Nuclear Flask Wagons In OO/4mm

Really looking forward to my pack 'A' and pack 'B' arriving. I am assuming that i had a split order some months ago, that these will be sent together as opposed to two separate deliveries. 

they look the dogs danglies chaps. 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Ordered two packs of these one after the other forgetting all about the 10 % Discount DOOOOOOOOOHH!

used Shop pay on the Website. cant seem to get the Tacker to work though. Probably just me as I'm not the most computer friendly.

LOL 

Looking forward to receiving these beauties.

Cheers Trailrage

Can i ask a question please. Ive received my FNA-D wagons today. They are fantastic.......

can someone shed light on where the batteries go, what type they are and instructions on how to fit them because try as i may, i cant get anything to work. 

im sure batteries arent included BUT it would be nice to have had some information how to access the compartment without pulling and breaking something. 

Thanks guys. 

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Can i ask a question please. Ive received my FNA-D wagons today. They are fantastic.......

can someone shed light on where the batteries go, what type they are and instructions on how to fit them because try as i may, i cant get anything to work. 

im sure batteries arent included BUT it would be nice to have had some information how to access the compartment without pulling and breaking something. 

Thanks guys. 

There 'should' be instructions in the paperwork inside the box (may be under the ice cube tray)

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Nothing in mine Patrick. 😞

Here is the relevant bit from the leaflet:

The tail-light (part 19) is powered by two CR927 batteries that are accessed by carefully unclipping the hood assembly (parts 5 & 6).

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 17.11.37.png

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, McC said:

The tail-light (part 19) is powered by two CR927 batteries that are accessed by carefully unclipping the hood assembly (parts 5 & 6).

Does this show how many parts your FNA-D explodes into when you smash a class 45 into it? 😂

Cheers

Mark

• Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Does this show how many parts your FNA-D explodes into when you smash a class 45 into it? 😂

Cheers

Mark

Only if hit by an accurascale 45 however. Otherwise the die cast body of the FNA is built to protect your loved ones from fallout. 

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Cheers

Mark

That was the old days, wrong flask and wrong colour. 

No one dare do it with an FNA-D, for fear of ASLEF claiming that the locomotive don't meet crash worthiness standards.....

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Cheers

Mark

3 minutes ago, McC said:

Only if hit by an accurascale 45 however. Otherwise the die cast body of the FNA is built to protect your loved ones from fallout. 

Someone needs to check which class of loco should really be used........

Or should the current day recreation be with a 66?

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, newbryford said:

Well the actual test was a Class 46, but I didn't want to be pedantic with the original poster :) (For bonus points, it also wasn't this type of FNA wagon)

Edited by McC
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

23 hours ago, McC said:

Is this so you know where to put the part when Thay fall off

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, newbryford said:

Or should the current day recreation be with a 66?

well the results with a 67 werent exactly encouraging, and that was only with fossil fuel…

67002 at Lawrence Hill. 1/11/00

(flickr url/not mine)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, adb968008 said:

well the results with a 67 werent exactly encouraging, and that was only with fossil fuel…

Brings a new meaning to the name of 67002...

And coming slightly back to topic, I do find it interesting the notes about the packs selling out in order. I went Pack C for myself for number reasons of 28, and purchased two more for a friend. When we went selecting originally, pack A was sold out so it was to be B/D, B/E, or D/E for them. However, as pack A was in stock, this led to A/B along with my C. So we unwillingly fell into the trap!

15 hours ago, adb968008 said:

67002 at Lawrence Hill. 1/11/00

(flickr url/not mine)

They knew how to build a wagon in Shildon!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

Received my pair today, but I did order them pretty much immediately! So far only had chance to lift the lid of the box at lunchtime for a quick look but very impressive.

Pack E if anyone’s interested.. 😉

Did you check the package with a geiger counter or just go for it.......:)

21 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Did you check the package with a geiger counter or just go for it.......:)

Just went for it! 🫣

They are very well packaged as usual. It’s worth taking careful note how all the little foam spacers are positioned around each wagon before you fully remove it (slowly) from the internal packaging if you intend putting it back again. I didn’t with the first one just now and it’s a bit of a puzzle putting them all back neatly in the same places again, but admit I felt quite a sense of achievement once I had succeeded! 😅

Luckily I had only taken one out so still had the other one in the box to refer to when putting it back.

Each wagon has a nice weight to it once removed from the packaging.

Detail and printing looks excellent and as you would expect from Accurascale. Well done again guys 👍👏 

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Text
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, derekdoestrains said:

Is there a mass dispatch on these? Was kinda expecting to have had a dispatch notification by now😂

Hi Derek,

We're about 25% through pre-order dispatch at the moment. We hope to have them all out by Wednesday close of business.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1