NER 20t Hoppers, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

OK, I’ll say it: any chance of these in N please?  I know doing locos in both 2mm and 4mm may not always add up financially, but UK N is starved of decent rolling stock and surely the cost pressures on a run of wagons must be less?

RichardT

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Congratulations to Accurascale on this wide range of wagons!

Within The 00 Wishlist Pollthere was never much room to list pre-Grouping vehicles due to the high number of entries we would have had to deal with.

However, we did make some inroads into being 'more specific' in 2019 and the Diag.P7 emerged High Polling (with GWR Open Wagons one vote higher and Iron Minks two votes lower - both of which now announced).

Well done to Paul on some very hard work there!

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Product delivery dates according to the Accurascale website:

2022 Q4

Class 92

Manor

Mk5

2023 Q1

Mk2B

Siphon

Class 37 (some 2023 Q2)

2023 Q2

Class 31

2023 Q3

Class 89

FNA-D

Mk1 Suburban

2023 Q4

SR Banana Van

2024 Q1

NER 20T

First product with a 2024 delivery date... Makes me wonder how many products due 2023 are yet to be announced. Can we expect another locomotive due 2023 Q4?

Edited by toby_tl10
added class 89
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, BMacdermott said:

Congratulations to Accurascale on this wide range of wagons!

Within The 00 Wishlist Pollthere was never much room to list pre-Grouping vehicles due to the high number of entries we would have had to deal with.

However, we did make some inroads into being 'more specific' in 2019 and the Diag.P7 emerged High Polling (with GWR Open Wagons one vote higher and Iron Minks two votes lower - both of which now announced).

Well done to Paul on some very hard work there!

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

Hi Brian

Are there any plans for another poll? IT has been some time and many items on the last set of results have been announced and even released?

I appreciate it is a lot of work for you and the team but  always found them very interesting.

Regards Eamon

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

They look stunning but would be pushing the envelope of even Rule One for me.

Probably just as well, as I'll have a bunch of Banana vans to finance next year.

Well picked, yet again, Accurascale.

John

John, You could do what I have in mind to do with one of those rather nice NER electric locos on order from Locomotion and have a dabble with 'something completely different' on a relatively small scale. (As in a small layout, not necessarily something as radical as 'TT whatever it is this week').  I wonder what else that nice Mr Isles looked at in Beamish and elsewhere that far north?

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, The Stationmaster said:

John, You could do what I have in mind to do with one of those rather nice NER electric locos on order from Locomotion and have a dabble with 'something completely different' on a relatively small scale. (As in a small layout, not necessarily something as radical as 'TT whatever it is this week').  I wonder what else that nice Mr Isles looked at in Beamish and elsewhere that far north?

I'd love some Mike, but I've adopted a self-imposed prohibition on Rule One. 

If I don't stop buying stuff that's inappropriate for the layout in progress, I'll have no room for the layout! 

John

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Rather useful, with a little bending of history,  for someone who has a certain NER electric loco on order😇

Was thinking that, Mike .  There are a fair few models to head them up now I think . Hornbys Q6 and Oxfords J27 spring to mind , then I remembered the Electric loco . 

Really good introduction video 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Rather useful, with a little bending of history,  for someone who has a certain NER electric loco on order😇

Which I’d totally forgotten. Thanks for the nudge Mike. Well done to Paul for a fascinating and absorbing video introduction……a lesson in marketing if ever there was. Now perhaps one question…that being one of coal loads as an accessory. I suppose though that hides the nifty interior details of these wagons . The NE has been sidelined for years.No longer it seems. A ray of sunshine for us on a dreary day.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

The kit stash strikes again!!!

Looking through a book recently spotted a picture of a Banbury - Bilston ore working in 1960 with the first wagon being the LNER Iron Ore verson of this. Part of my layout will have an iron ore train to the Black Country running through it.

Last week I built the Slaters kit. Doh!

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Now perhaps one question…that being one of coal loads as an accessory. I suppose though that hides the nifty interior details of these wagons .

As we have done coal loads for our other 'Powering Britain' models, it would be rude not to do so again Ian, so we'll have a look at that soon. And thanks for the vote of confidence in my video appearance skills; just trying to share the enthusiasm 😉 Look forward to catching up soon, hopefully catch you again at Warley?

• Like 5