Class 50, By Accurascale

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Suzy Sulzer,

Many thanks for posting the pics. It was great to show off the body tooling for the first time and modellers seemed to like it a lot. We have a fully finished sample due with us very soon which we will show off once it lands.

Cheers!

Fran 

Remember to bring the 50 to Bangor Fran so I can have a look!

• Like 2

All I can say is, that is looking very good so far! bit disappointed that I couldnt make it, but those pictures are looking good. One question Fran / McC .. will the noses have the grab rails / washer jets added? 

Also, not sure if its the camera angle but the marker lights in the former headcode area look at little underscale?  

NL

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, NickL2008 said:

All I can say is, that is looking very good so far! bit disappointed that I couldnt make it, but those pictures are looking good. One question Fran / McC .. will the noses have the grab rails / washer jets added? 

Also, not sure if its the camera angle but the marker lights in the former headcode area look at little underscale?  

NL

As Fran said, these are just some first tooling shots, the actual EP samples will be shared in the coming weeks :) 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, NickL2008 said:

NL

Funny you should say that as my first thought was they look pretty spot on. That’s based on the assumption however that the black rubber surround is the raised ring, not inside it.

33 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Funny you should say that as my first thought was they look pretty spot on. That’s based on the assumption however that the black rubber surround is the raised ring, not inside it.

Agreed, especially as those on the Bachmann 47 are too large (no. 1 end with the grommets that is, the sealed beams at no. 2 end are fine). I always felt the Heljan ones looked more to scale so a friend of mine measured those on 47643 at Bo'ness and found that is the case - Heljan spot on, Bachmann too large.

Edited by Flood
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Yes there is that possibility that it could be a raised surrond, and the lens sits in a recess, I guess well see when the EP's come out soon as Fran and McC have said

NL

6 minutes ago, Flood said:

Agreed, especially as those on the Bachmann 47 are too large (no. 1 end with the grommets that is, the sealed beams at no. 2 end are fine). I always felt the Heljan ones looked more to scale so a friend of mine measured those on 47643 at Bo'ness and found that is the case - Heljan spot on, Bachmann too large.

Bachmanns 47s marker lights ive also always said are too big, and they just look wrong on the new model, which lets it down, but thats going off topic

NL

• Agree 3

Going by 50006's no. 2 end headcode panel which is sitting in one of my cupboards at the moment I've measured the following dimensions:

20230325_094213.jpg.4b2b467dad865650076610caa1a8cc4c.jpg

Overall diameter of horn covers including edge: 250mm (actually 10 inches? Probably)

Overall diameter of marker lights including rubber edge: 222mm

Diameter of opaque area in centre of marker lights: 176mm

and just for completeness

Overall length of panel covering original headcode box: 1197mm

Distance between marker lights, rh edge of left hand rubber to lh edge of right hand rubber: 636mm

Edited by Flood
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Flood said:

Going by 50006's no. 2 end headcode panel which is sitting in one of my cupboards at the moment I've measured the following dimensions:

Overall diameter of horn covers including edge: 250mm (actually 10 inches? Probably)

Distance between marker lights, rh edge of left hand rubber to lh edge of right hand rubber: 636mm

And some other people just have skeletons in their cupboards…

😃

At least yours should be clean… its Ajax afterall.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 8

9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

And some other people just have skeletons in their cupboards…

😃

At least yours should be clean… its Ajax afterall.

Ajax? Ajax? I think you need to look at your railway books again.

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Let's start Monday the right way, with some teasers of our first full EP sample....

453977172_50bogieunderside.jpg.a488f910b50af2e6d55502ea0ffc7330.jpg

1465647037_50underframe.jpg.746144e0c3cc19f981b6dc806423301a.jpg

515354322_50stepetches.jpg.6f6f8395e969dd9deb1c1684e49b71ee.jpg

146360249_50cab.jpg.ff6858523884929ddbd63fec9ae3196c.jpg

Look for more pics soon, and make sure you get your pre-order in via your local stockist, or direct: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-50

Cheers!

Fran 

Looking good. Appreciate just a first sample, but do the wipers really stop in the middle of the front screens? Or maybe they're being modelled mid-swipe? Or even fully mechanised? Haha, that'll be when we know details have gone too far when we have fully working wipers on models! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 25/03/2023 at 09:57, Flood said:

Not many bits of 006 around, have seen a number panel and nameplates

19 minutes ago, LaGrange said:

Not many bits of 006 around, have seen a number panel and nameplates

Plenty of bits probably out there, just need someone with an Aldi spot welding machine to stitch them together and we might have another preserved loco😁

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, MoonM said:

Looking good. Appreciate just a first sample, but do the wipers really stop in the middle of the front screens? Or maybe they're being modelled mid-swipe? Or even fully mechanised? 

There were two "parked" positions for the Class 50 windscreen wipers when not in use. IIRC there was a nob on the desk you could turn to select either the central or outer position. My recollection is that before refurbishment, they were normally parked in the outer position, but after refurbishment it was the driver's choice.  I agree their position on Fran's EP is very much mid-swipe.

Personally I would prefer the outer position as its very much more in keeping with the face of the loco.

Edited by brushman47544
attempt at improving clarity
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Those wipers look like they have stopped mid-swipe rather than being parked. This image shows what I remember parked as being parked in the central position. 

Paddington full-frontal

They're definitely in the parked position, I have  mine plumbed in and aired-up on my cab (50046) and they stop in that position when the operating knob is turned to park.

When built, they always seemed to park on the outer part of the screens, whether a result of a differing air switch or the plumbing arrangement, who knows!

• Like 4