Class 50, By Accurascale

8 hours ago, McC said:

Funnily enough the biggest challenge, we face nowadays is not in achieving accuracy of body shape, detailing, variations, bogie position and wheelbase or color matching, but rather that the customer will not compare to the prototype, but to models that have gone before, which are in many cases, quite wrong and part of our motivation to bring out corrections 😀

Cool. Class 33 then. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

2 hours ago, Phil Mc said:

Another livery variation to do......

IMG_33821.JPG.afccce6fcd6d975940a05cab8eb0878d.JPG

IMG_33822.JPG.7c9ed1f783da4e8725dc65f4ef9b5e12.JPG

Cheers,

Phil.

Preferred it in the livery it was in before with the small logos, shame it’s only a Hornby model…

• RMweb Gold

For me, this has to be the best look for No 8, though I've already got 3 LL ones on order, so I'll plump for a Laira Blue one when its turn comes.

50008 - Exeter C - 26/9/90

From A Ned's Perspective's Flickr page.

• Like 7

On 16/04/2024 at 22:00, SulzerPeak said:

Its years of looking at models with the wrong rake and angle. Hours of filing the old lima model and custom made windows made a slight difference! The Hornby one was much better but still iffy.

20240416_215708.jpg

You'll need to do bit more filing to convert that coupling to a modern tension lock!😁

Edited by Michael Hodgson

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, 97406 said:

For me, this has to be the best look for No 8, though I've already got 3 LL ones on order, so I'll plump for a Laira Blue one when its turn comes.

50008 - Exeter C - 26/9/90

From A Ned's Perspective's Flickr page.

No..... without the radio pod on the roof please, and preferably with the original round crest too. I like it but already have the Hornby Laira Blue version (R3050) so couldn't justify that.

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

No..... without the radio pod on the roof please, and preferably with the original round crest too. I like it but already have the Hornby Laira Blue version (R3050) so couldn't justify that.

I was meaning more from the livery point of view - I also failed miserably to find any earlier shots as I was after one without the orange cantrail stripe ideally. I’m not too fussed about the roof pods as they can be removed if need be, or added for that matter. I have a set of moulds made from silicone putty from a Hornby example. 

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I was meaning more from the livery point of view - I also failed miserably to find any earlier shots as I was after one without the orange cantrail stripe ideally. I’m not too fussed about the roof pods as they can be removed if need be, or added for that matter. I have a set of moulds made from silicone putty from a Hornby example. 

Speaking of 50008, have you noticed that the right hand marker light in the headcode panel is non-standard (less opaque) and allows the light bulb behind to shine through more (at No 2 end only)? 50008 was like that from the early 80s and looking at the photos posted elsewhere today in the new HH livery it still is. Accurascale modelling that oddity in the Run 1 model would be a nice touch.

Edited by brushman47544
add detail
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Large logo all day.

Anything is else is like spraying poster paint on a Picasso 

That’d be a load of Pollocks! 

Edited by 97406
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

i have 3 on order,  br large logo and br blue and HH one

can i ask what does HH do,  are they just charter service where you can hire their class 50 or they like a new freight operator?

Straight from the horse's mouth. https://www.hansonhallrail.co.uk/

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Apologies if it's already been covered in the thread,

but has this livery variation ever been done RTR in 00 ?

I rather like it, just seems a little different from the mainstream LL, pre-tops, named etc.

COVER UP......

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Gary H said:

I rather like it, just seems a little different from the mainstream LL, pre-tops, named etc.

COVER UP......

That looks to me as if you need Accurascale's "D423", then do two things :

Renumber it to you chosen TOPS numbers and BR arrows.

Fit the MU jumper cables - which Accurascale may even supply within the box

As far as I can tell, the only BR blue versions in the initial run are D423 without MU jumpers and 50006 with nameplates on the bodysides.  I am surprised Accuracale haven't chosen a BR TOPS numbered example as transferred from the LMR to the WR - prior to naming and prior to refurb. 

Edited by Covkid
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Covkid said:

That looks to me as if you need Accurascale's "D423", then do two things :

Renumber it to you chosen TOPS numbers and BR arrows.

Fit the MU jumper cables - which Accurascale may even supply within the box

Yes, thats the idea I'm toying with.👍

Another thought is central arrows and named. 50046 (as well as a few others) ran around in this condition for a time.

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, Gary H said:

COVER UP......

This is the version that I want so I can also run it dragged by a Western after having failed! And no, using D423 as a starting point won't do.