Jump to content
 

Rapido OO Gauge Y7


AY Mod
 Share

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, micklner said:

Y7 useage.

 

Info from RCTS Volume.

 

985    to  Stratford  6/1948 and sold on same month.

[Finds his 2nd impression copy of 9B] A little later - to departmental stock and withdrawn (as 68088?) in Oct 1952. A useful window...although with a full rear cab for part of the time.

 

Looks like 129 is the one to go for if you want a WW1 Munitions Depot.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BMacdermott said:

Congratulations to Rapido on this announcement!

 

The loco has been High Polling in The 00 Wishlist Poll in 2018 and 2019.

 

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

 

 

We need another poll Brian. We all like a wish list. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, micklner said:

Y7 useage.

 

Info from RCTS Volume.

 

1914-1918 war period M.O.D use no exact dates shown.

 

129 . 587 . 895 . Royal Arsenal Woolwich

1799.                Kyle of Lochalsh

1798                 Barnbow Leeds

 

985    to  Stratford  6/1948 and sold on same month.

986    loaned to Neasden 1925/1926 no exact dates shown.

986    6 month trial at Leith Docks  June/Dec 1935.

986    North Sunderland Railway  on hire 1945 no exact dates shown.

986    now BR number.     ditto            ditto     1948 to 1951.

 

Number sold on for private use at various dates.

 

Nothing mentioned re Darlington Works useage,  I have never seen that type of Livery layout before on any LNER Loco i.e Curved shape to the lettering.

 

Excellent, thanks for the information.  Sadly outside of my early 1960's concentration, but certainly handy information for a friend concentrating on the LNER period around Edinburgh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, micklner said:

Y7 useage.

 

Info from RCTS Volume.

 

1914-1918 war period M.O.D use no exact dates shown.

 

129 . 587 . 895 . Royal Arsenal Woolwich

1799.                Kyle of Lochalsh

1798                 Barnbow Leeds

 

985    to  Stratford  6/1948 and sold on same month.

986    loaned to Neasden 1925/1926 no exact dates shown.

986    6 month trial at Leith Docks  June/Dec 1935.

986    North Sunderland Railway  on hire 1945 no exact dates shown.

986    now BR number.     ditto            ditto     1948 to 1951.

 

Number sold on for private use at various dates.

 

Nothing mentioned re Darlington Works useage,  I have never seen that type of Livery layout before on any LNER Loco i.e Curved shape to the lettering.

 

Thank you, Mick - saved me a trip into the loft!

 

So Stratford in 1948 and only briefly. Off the list for me then :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

 

Thank you, Mick - saved me a trip into the loft!

 

So Stratford in 1948 and only briefly. Off the list for me then :)

See  below , I havent had a chance to check what RCTS impression/version I have.

 

 

 

Quote

 

985    to  Stratford  6/1948 and sold on same month.

[Finds his 2nd impression copy of 9B] A little later - to departmental stock and withdrawn (as 68088?) in Oct 1952. A useful window...although with a full rear cab for part of the time.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, micklner said:

See  below , I havent had a chance to check what RCTS impression/version I have.

 

 

 

Quote

 

985    to  Stratford  6/1948 and sold on same month.

[Finds his 2nd impression copy of 9B] A little later - to departmental stock and withdrawn (as 68088?) in Oct 1952. A useful window...although with a full rear cab for part of the time.

 

Ah - still a no as I am pre-war :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Does this mean my crepe old Nu-cast one is no longer a collectors item L@@k #rare# 🤣

 

Nice choice, I'll have an NCB one please.

 

This one's an Alexander kit, probably a lot rarer than a Nu-cast one! nice and heavy as it's all whitemetal, runs lovely with it's High Level gearbox.

 

781571228_ClassH.jpg.c6053a3396cc282f2437927ddfd39848.jpg

  • Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, micklner said:

See  below , I havent had a chance to check what RCTS impression/version I have.

 

 

 

Quote

 

985    to  Stratford  6/1948 and sold on same month.

[Finds his 2nd impression copy of 9B] A little later - to departmental stock and withdrawn (as 68088?) in Oct 1952. A useful window...although with a full rear cab for part of the time.

 

This link includes photo of 68088 at Stratford 

 

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/68088-lner-985-lner-8088-br-68088/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, JohnR said:

I see Hattons have sound versions listed on their website - was this part of the announcement?

Not specifically but it does mention having a speaker. I would be surprised if a sound version wasn't offered when they finalise the spec.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening all.

 

Well this seems to have gone down well! It’s a bit personal for me as I was involved in the restoration of 1310 and regularly used to drive it.

 

I would recommend  vol 32 of Yeadons to anyone interested. Lots of allocation details including photos of them in Scotland and Stratford. Also a poor photo of the curved lettering works version. 
 

Lots of variations coming with this and more in the future. Pipework, lubricators, , wheels and more depending on the exact prototype.

 

When I recover from Warley I will try and pull some more info out for those that are interested.

 

Andy

  • Like 17
  • Round of applause 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

 

Sorry, but you do. 

 

I'm grateful for the confirmation. If and I stress IF I'm asked, any future purchases are your fault..........

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did I go ya ho ! At this announcement and pictures and wonder if a bit of Jason’s fun nuttiness might mean a blue liveried one could be on the on cards, with the number 7 and maybe a red name plate “Nellie” as a new and improved model, polly or connie if you want a yellow or red version !!

 

boringly perhaps a NER one will do for now for me

Edited by Graham456
Fat fingers
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooooo! Well, one of the NER black ones might just find its way ontoy planned 1917(ish) era planned shunting yard. I've got an E, a U and a few wagons for it to push about (so far!) The green ones do look lovely, but a bit out of period, so I'll have to see what they're like price wise before making a full decision! 

 

An LNER black one would be a nice acquisition too! Oh dear!

 

I'll definitely be following this with interest!

 

Cheers

 

J

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

Evening all.

 

Well this seems to have gone down well! It’s a bit personal for me as I was involved in the restoration of 1310 and regularly used to drive it.

 

I would recommend  vol 32 of Yeadons to anyone interested. Lots of allocation details including photos of them in Scotland and Stratford. Also a poor photo of the curved lettering works version. 
 

Lots of variations coming with this and more in the future. Pipework, lubricators, , wheels and more depending on the exact prototype.

 

When I recover from Warley I will try and pull some more info out for those that are interested.

 

Andy

Just had a look at Yeadons 32 ,on page 59 there is a very poor photo of  898 with the text saying it has curved LNER lettering.

The photo is far from convincing, as the relevant area is totally white in the photograph , you can just about see the "Darlington" wording at the bottom of the Tank, nothing else. No other confirmation source mentioned, unless you have other confirmation source(s) please?.

 

Yeadon also confirms  985 when numbered  8088 used NE only , in the same  photo the Cab is removed ( I presume during a repair)  and Oval Buffers are fitted.

Edited by micklner
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...