Rapido OO Gauge Y7

AY Mod

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ovbulleid said:

Can someone explain if there is a historical precedent for the NER blue model being produced? If so, where was this livery found?

The livery was an experimental one, applied in 1903 to a Class T and to Class H no.898 at Gateshead, described as having blue wheels and blue panels bordered by a pale blue line. Another Class H got a similar livery at Darlington. Meanwhile, another Class T got a black livery with red lining at approximately the same time, which was eventually chosen to be the standard goods livery from then on.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 months later...

Lovely! I've been contemplating one of these, and this canny video is making my wallet shake with fear! The NER green examples are lovely, but a bit out of period for me, c1917 so it'll probably have to be a  lined black one, but that's equally smart!

It'll go nicely with my E and U class locos, once I get them finished!

Cheers

J

22 minutes ago, Mark Hamlin said:

Would love a “what if” livery of early BR crest for this loco

68089 [the Sunderland Light Railway] one does have British Railways plastered along the side

Both North Sunderland Railway and North Sunderland Light railway are correct. The operating company name was the North Sunderland railway but in the company winding up order the company was named as the North Sunderland Light Railway.

For those interested the NER H/LNER Y7 that operated on the NSR was modified especially to operate on the NSR. With the addition of Westinghouse air brakes and in one car oval buffers. Also they were of the final batch built at Darlington and had ross-pop safety valves.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, MarcD said:

Both North Sunderland Railway and North Sunderland Light railway are correct. The operating company name was the North Sunderland railway but in the company winding up order the company was named as the North Sunderland Light Railway.

For those interested the NER H/LNER Y7 that operated on the NSR was modified especially to operate on the NSR. With the addition of Westinghouse air brakes and in one car oval buffers. Also they were of the final batch built at Darlington and had ross-pop safety valves.

The railway never operated as the North Sunderland Light Railway. Alan Wright in his book on the line complains about those who "never knew the North Sunderland Railway, or who have not researched its past" and refer to it as the North Sunderland "Light" Railway. 

The Y7 (as it was by then) 68089 was fitted with a vacuum brake, not Westinghouse, as depicted correctly on the Rapido model.  

• Like 1

I know it's a shot in the dark, but those Middleton Railway coaches, the ones converted from former Southern PMV's, would be a great add to any industrial or private light railway layout as a workman's train; and I'd pay a reasonable amount for such.

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, NZRedBaron said:

I know it's a shot in the dark, but those Middleton Railway coaches, the ones converted from former Southern PMV's, would be a great add to any industrial or private light railway layout as a workman's train; and I'd pay a reasonable amount for such.

I’ve got some Parkside PMV kits set aside for an attempt to model some of these, the sooner I get started the sooner they can become available RTR just as I finish them! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Les1952 said:

I wasn't going to buy any more OO locos (having got far more than I need)-

but I've ordered NCB Number 6....

Les

I'm in the same boat, and I've had NER 24 or order for quite a while already.  It's so cute ... and I fancy the Darlington Works version, or BR 60089 ... and Rails are doing this beautiful blue version --- but my wallet is protesting.  My GWR railmotor arrived from Cornwall this morning, so I'll have to save up a bit more first.

Just think, time was your choice of different liveried 0-4-0Ts was between Polly, Nellie and Connie!

The manufacturers are doing us proud.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

I may have missed this previously but are the dumb buffers shown in the renders a separate part on LNER No. 986?

Cheers

Per Rapido, all versions will come with dumb buffers as extras for the user to apply.

• Thanks 1