Farish Spring 2023 Announcement

Crepello

46 minutes ago, Stefen1988 said:

Expecting 1 or 2 different Models (5MT?) in miltiple liveries and no coaches or wagons.

Don't think they will be in this announcement, expected arrival date is outside the 3 month block. Warships are the only model that was planned before the switch due this quarter, will we see anymore announced? Rolling stock is my main hope. I am desperate for some blue & grey Mk1's and Mk2's

• Like 1

The e mail to club members describe it as "the largest number of new items to  be announced in a British Railway Announcements to date covering multiple scales and across the eras"

Make of that what you will but sounds promising

Hoping I'm not back here tomorrow with egg on my face

Rob

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Crepello said:

Tomorrow (1 February) 0930.

Contain your excitement!

Oh it's contained all right. I would love to be excited, I would love feel that there will be something here that shows a passion or commitment to the gauge but hopes have been built up too many times over the past few years just to be dashed on the rocks. I am sure that we will hear the same old excuses for few models being produced trotted out like the sick ponies they are.

Having said this I would also love to be proved wrong in my scepticism.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Suffolk Rob said:

The e mail to club members describe it as "the largest number of new items to  be announced in a British Railway Announcements to date covering multiple scales and across the eras"

Make of that what you will but sounds promising

Hoping I'm not back here tomorrow with egg on my face

Rob

Ok, I won’t get over excited but I will polish the credit card just in case it is needed.

A tranche of MK1 and Mk2 coaches in any livery will be welcomed for others but will do nothing for me.

A first generation DMU that is not a 101 or 108 might generate a little Yippee 😃

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I would love something steam that is brand spanking new, and surely a loco-drive sound capable Black Five would be a highly marketable proposition? However, realistically I would settle for a decent cross section of re-runs of some of the existing tool steam locos like the BR 4MT Tank.

Coaches? I would love to see Mk1s in common liveries like BR maroon and Blue/Grey not things like oddball "Sealink" liveries that few people want, but as importantly a commitment to a steady drumbeat of production of batches in popular liveries like there used to be. In this respect am hoping that it will have begun to dawn on Bachmann that British N is much more of a modeller's scale than a collector's one, a case in point being the Class 20s announced last Quarter - why on earth do the Class 20 regional "special" liveries without also doing BR blue and Green ones for the main range at the same time?

Anyway, more to the point is what do I expect? Very honestly, to be totally underwhelmed again, as I have been every Quarterly announcement to date, but I hold onto just a faint possibility that this Quarter may be the start of something different for British N in 2023...

Roy

Edited by Roy L S
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

16 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Maybe a sewage farm this time, not something you see a lot of in modelling but there are plenty about.

You'd also have to model a slick of raw sewage going downstream of it these days. 

• AY Mod locked this topic