Warley NEC National Show 25th & 26th November 2023

Chris M

Just now, Gilbert said:

Certainly no joy for me - website does not say there is a cut off. Most tickets sites stay live...

See Chris M's post, it was cut off at 16:00 today.

I do remember reading on a website about a cut off when I was purchasing and I delayed getting mine to this month when I knew I'd definitely be going - and I have a piece of paper that will let me in at 9:15 on Saturday.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

See Chris M's post, it was cut off at 16:00 today.

I do remember reading on a website about a cut off when I was purchasing and I delayed getting mine to this month when I knew I'd definitely be going - and I have a piece of paper that will let me in at 9:15 on Saturday.

That's all very well but the show website does not contain that information..

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Chris M said:

And the loco has arrived. It was lost for about half an hour but luckily we found it!

Yes, I have the same problem, I put something down in my shed and spend an hour the next day looking for it ...

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Lots of activity.. and a lot of effort by some to start to pulll the show together20231123_150131.jpg.65420c6ffde924645cbe6183fdb35b5a.jpgsecurity were great at getting us into the hall.. but melt down occurred when I tried to get out..  access to the M42 was very difficult so rhe NEC team just closed the exit routes and the whole area was very busy.. result.. NEC to Solihull .. 1 hour 45 minutes... hopefully they can get ot sorted by tomorrow..

Time for some shut eye!

Baz

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Although I have sympathy for people trying to purchase advance tickets for Warley and being frustrated when a technical issue or an operator issue causes the system to function incorrectly.

Why do people leave it till the last minute to book ? 

I appreciate that circumstances may influence when you buy your ticket which I fully understand.

I hope you all get it sorted, and get your advance ticket before the official cut of time of 16:00 today.

Terry 

The lorry has arrived at our

clubroom to load up for the NEC. Blimey, that’s a big one!d3f6ec42-db35-424e-b743-d61b9f9fc76e.jpeg.a4cd1545bef3def348e152a1bd42b2c8.jpeg

This should be loaded by around midday and will then make its way to hall 5 where the rest of the day will be spent unloading. The Luton van used yesterday will also go to the clubroom again to pick up anything that can’t be fitted on the lorry.

I'm getting too old for all this! I know will feel ten years older on Monday.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, ELTEL said:

Although I have sympathy for people trying to purchase advance tickets for Warley and being frustrated when a technical issue or an operator issue causes the system to function incorrectly.

I appreciate that circumstances may influence when you buy your ticket which I fully understand.

I hope you all get it sorted, and get your advance ticket before the official cut of time of 16:00 today.

Terry 

Then why doesn't Ticket Factory state that on their page now instead of saying nothing apart from tickets on sale from Monday 3 April. Nothing about a 4pm cut-off last night.

Not stating anything just adds to the confusion for people who might wish to attend at the last minute but are put off by non-avalibility of online tickets. I will keep an eye and see if they come back on as per Chris Ms post 46 minutes ago.

Cheers Paul

2 hours ago, ELTEL said:

Well, maybe because we can't always be certain we're going until closer to the date. 

Personally, I think that the idea of having a cut-off at all on e-tickets is a bit unnecessary anway. Obviously, back in the day when buying advance tickets meant getting them posted to you, then advance sales had to close far enough in advance for the postal system to do its job. But when the ticket exists solely on your mobile phone (or printed off by you at home), then there's no reason not to allow purchase even on the day itself. It would significantly reduce queues at the ticket desk and get people into the venue more smoothly.

I'm not sure, though, whether the cut-off is a feature of the NEC's ticketing system, or whether it's a choice made by the event organiser. If it's the former, then obviously nothing can really be done about it. If it's the latter, then I'd urge the Warley organisers to drop the cut-off next year and allow online ticket purchase right up to closing time.

I do also agree that if there is a cut-off, that fact should be clearly stated on the ticketing system itself, not just elsewhere on the show's publicity. Again, I don't know if that's a weakness of the ticketing system, or if it's under the control of the event organiser. But, either way, it's something to consider for next year.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

If there is any exhibitor or trader looking for an extra pair of hands over the weekend then help maybe at hand. My son Adam, 24, has expressed interest in attending, as I will be there to help man another stand, and he would prefer to be kept busy helping. He has operated many layouts including Retford, Little Bytham, Grantham, Carlisle to name a few and also worked in our local model shop in Kidlington for a number of years. Please PM me if you need any help.

Grahame

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, bourneagain said:

Unions now have to give 14 days notice before they are allowed to call a strike

Yes, I agree.  I tried to buy mine fourteen days prior to to-morrow, compared to Gaydon in 2021, I think it was, which was several months in advance (before the strikes began).  But compressing many purchases into a fort-night I am sure does not help.

3 hours ago, pharrc20 said:

Then why doesn't Ticket Factory state that on their page now instead of saying nothing apart from tickets on sale from Monday 3 April. Nothing about a 4pm cut-off last night.

Not stating anything just adds to the confusion for people who might wish to attend at the last minute but are put off by non-avalibility of online tickets. I will keep an eye and see if they come back on as per Chris Ms post 46 minutes ago.

Cheers Paul

Pleased to say that I have been able to purchase, download and print off two adult tickets now so thanks to whoever made this possible and the Ticket Factory bods too.

Cheers Paul

Edited by pharrc20
Spelling

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, pharrc20 said:

Pleased to say that I have been able to purchase, download and print off two adult tickets now so thanks to whoever made this possible and the Ticket Factory bods too.

Cheers Paul

Likewise - family issues meant I could not commit to a day out until very recently so I'm glad we had extended access.

Chris

• Like 1