Warley NEC National Show 25th & 26th November 2023

Chris M

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

ive got an after party:

dancing girls, cocktail bar, champagne fountain, gangster rapper in a bling jacket, chocolate fondue and a oo gauge unboxing live stream….

I've just had 3 goes at buying a ticket online via ticket factory and failed miserably, payment refused, anybody else suffered?

Mike.

• Agree 1

Looking at the floorplan last night, it seems to be quite different in some ways from the traditional arrangement, with Squires and the demo stands having been moved from the bottom left corner to top right.

My usual technique is to go straight along the top to the far corner (avoiding the scrums at the big stands near the entrance), go round the show and visit Squires near the end. Might have to consider changing that....

One tip from the floorplan though - if attending on Saturday with an advance ticket (9:15 entry) you have just under 9 hours to see the show before chucking out time. Quite conveniently, the pillars supporting the roof divide the hall into 18 squares, so it works out at a little under 30 minutes per square on average.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 20/11/2023 at 21:19, Wolf27 said:

Has anyone had the misfortune of using the NEC Voyage Control website for booking vehicle passes for build up?

It definitely does not work with Firefox. I had to use Edge, but Chrome is supposed to also work.

I got into that endless loop too. I tried again a couple of days later, and it then offered me the drop down list of one exhibition, and then I was able to proceed. I don't know if the third party system that stores the credit card details takes some time to check the card before authorising you to proceed.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Calnefoxile said:

Anyone know what is happening for breakdown on the Sunday?? Will it be a free for all to get a parking space near Hall 5??

You just have to queue up to be be let in, so either get in the queue early, or chat someone up to get the magic password that allows you to queue jump 😏

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I've just had 3 goes at buying a ticket online via ticket factory and failed miserably, payment refused, anybody else suffered?

Mike.

I just printed my weekend ticket (for the show).

Hopefully this year I will be less jet lagged and not show up at 6am.

i’m planning to arrive friday evening and have a beer in the crowne plaza bar and join the breakfast scrum around 730-8.

i’ll be the one with a back pack, and blue ikea bags :-)

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Good, just an email gone astray? Well as usual they’ve sorted it fast that’s why I don’t worry as they’ve always been very helpful with any questions. When Chris M was there in his official capacity he was one of those who sorted questions fast 😀 One of the reasons despite the size it’s always been fun and I’ve had similar help from NEC staff for access. Even the first year when they moved breakfast to the hall they sorted the minor hiccup fast. 

You are too kind Paul.  I have had a number of "official capacities" over the last 30 years. This year I still have an official capacity, in fact I seem to have accidentally gained a number of official capacities, but my main aim is to spend the weekend running my layout, or to put it more accurately, playing trains.

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Chris M said:

I seem to have accidentally gained a number of official capacities,

🤣 Yes that happens, I’m there to just play trains too as I’m helping in a friends layout so a lot less preparation required this year 😀

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Advance ticket sales are available until 16:00 on Thursday. These will be e-tickets. Advance tickets can be used on either day. Sunday is always quieter and more relaxed.

Go to

https://www.theticketfactory.com/tickets/events/warley-national-model-railway/

if you plan to park at the NEC don’t forget to buy your ticket in advance w rather than on the day.

Edited by Chris M

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Mike.

Yes, I have made three attempts at different hours/days, to be met with a box saying something like, "Ooops!   An unexpected error occurred."  So that is me in the slow lane on Saturday, then...

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, C126 said:

Yes, I have made three attempts at different hours/days, to be met with a box saying something like, "Ooops!   An unexpected error occurred."  So that is me in the slow lane on Saturday, then...

Worked for me this morning for some reason, so persevere!

Mike.

• Thanks 1

If you have had difficulty buying tickets from the Ticket Factory let me know so I can pass on any issues to the guy who deals with the ticket factory. They should be big enough and professional enough to have a near perfect ticket selling operation.. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Chris M said:

If you have had difficulty buying tickets from the Ticket Factory let me know so I can pass on any issues to the guy who deals with the ticket factory. They should be big enough and professional enough to have a near perfect ticket selling operation.. 

Your concern is appreciated.  I will try again at home to-night, and take careful note of all error messages.  Many thanks.

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, C126 said:

have you tried the obvious things like a different browser? May a fault at their end but my default browser is Firefox and after various updates it regularly does not work with some websites (refuses to work with Easyjet for some reason, always the same error message) and I have to swap to another browser. Have similar issues with MS Edge.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Chris M said:

Strangely, last night, I had 3 attempts and all were rejected saying payment couldn't be processed or something similar, yet this morning, 1 attempt and success, the hamster was probably on a meal break last night?

Using Firefox btw,

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators

Head to the BRM stand at A16 to grab your FREE Warley Special magazine worth £3.99!

image.png

Produced especially for the Warley Show, this great magazine showcases the new-look BRM! 

image.png

It includes all of this amazing content:

3 incredible layouts

York (OO)

Meldon West (N)

Alexandra Sidings (O)

Competition

Win one of two Hornby Flying Scotsman Trainset, in either OO Gauge or TT:120

image.png

Practicals

Fitting lights in a Coach

The Sticky Label Method

Enhancing a Workshop

Modelling Fish Vans

Rapido Reviews

Rapido ‘The Titfield Thunderbolt’ Deluxe pack

Rapido Wisbech & Upwell tramcars and Titfield Buffet Car

Product Reviews

image.png

Accurascale Class 37/6

Dapol GWR ‘Mainline City’ toplight coaches

Hornby’s Big Four Collection

image.png

Don't miss our latest subscription offer while at the show too! You can bag yourself BRM for only £4.99 a month, PLUS 2 FREE Metcalfe card kits pictured below (available in either OO or N) and a copy of Smoke and Steam! 

image.png

Visit the BRM Team on stand A16 for more details. Hurry though, stock is limited!

Warley 2024 BRM stand.jpg

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1