You Love '2c' It - Announcing The Accurascale Mark 2c Coaches

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, NaN said:

@Accurascale Fran @McC Gents, it may be the headache I'm battling, but I can't seem to get a link to Partial.ly to appear?  I've tried mobile and browser, but I only seem to be able to get the shopPay checkout of full payment?  Thanks

There is £100 minimum spend excluding VAT for the deposit or installment options to appear. 

• Thanks 1

• Tempfix

Just a quick one to say top marks to Accurascale for easy ordering. Ordered a blue/grey Mk2c last week - thought 'rats no 10% discount as only want one'. This week NSE ones appear. Checked my order for last weeks and there's a button that says something along the lines of 'cancel this order and add it to a new basket'. Did that, added the other I wanted. My email instantly showed that I'd had a refund on the first order, the second order was confirmed, I had the discount, and that I earned more reward points. It took seconds. Love it.

Making life easier is important. You're lovely people, carry on.

Rich

• Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, steve1023 said:

May I ask. Is anyone having purchasing issues. I get redirected to credit card company then nothing. I have tried both MasterCard and Visa.

Steve

Hi Steve, just ordered using a Mastercard and all went smoothly.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, steve1023 said:

May I ask. Is anyone having purchasing issues. I get redirected to credit card company then nothing. I have tried both MasterCard and Visa.

Steve

I tried to order a rake of HAAs in the January sale and could never get the payment to go through. Accurascale could not give me a reason for the failure. The bank over here at the bottom of the world could find no record of a payment request, so I abandoned my attempt. That was on Mastercard as well.

• RMweb Premium

Well that's the 6 of them now ordered. The two WCRC ones. The B/G buffet and midland TSO along with the two Scotrail branded ones.

And got £18 worth of credit for Friday!

Edited by E100
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Another great announcement!

Have just pre-ordered the two WCRC examples and was pleasently surprised to see I had £27 worth of credit, so it worked out at £37.54 per coach with the 10% discount! Do you do nectar points as well?! 😅

Does anyone on here know when these two coaches first appeared with West Coast Railways? I model 2005 (give or take a few years) and always struggle to find reference images/stock lists of charter stock from that time period.

Any help greatly appreciated!

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, james-htfc said:

Another great announcement!

Have just pre-ordered the two WCRC examples and was pleasently surprised to see I had £27 worth of credit, so it worked out at £37.54 per coach with the 10% discount! Do you do nectar points as well?! 😅

Does anyone on here know when these two coaches first appeared with West Coast Railways? I model 2005 (give or take a few years) and always struggle to find reference images/stock lists of charter stock from that time period.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Many of the Mk.2s in the WCR fleet have been accumulated since the mid 1990s. It was an early form of WCR that provided the stock that was used on the Manchester Piccadilly and Birmingham New St-Cardiff Central, Cardiff-Bristol Temple Meads and Bristol/Westbury-Weymouth diagrams for South Wales & West/Wales & West and then the Wales & Borders's Rhymney-Cardiff-Fishguard diagrams right up until the early 2000s. Project manager Gareth photographed TSO(T) 6528 in railtour use in 2003 and it although it was mixed in with a rake of fully WCR lettered Mk.1s, it didn't have the branding itself (only the lining, plus an earlier number style). However by the end of the decade it was in the condition that the model will be finished in.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

The Mk.2c BSO is a standard railtour vehicle, yes. You don't have to invoke Rule 1 to send TSO(T) 6528 up north, there are pictures of it working on the Settle & Carlisle and other northern locations throughout the early 2000s and other points north of Watford as well as in the South West. A recent picture from 2019 even places it at Fort William!

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, McC said:

The Mk.2c BSO is a standard railtour vehicle, yes. You don't have to invoke Rule 1 to send TSO(T) 6528 up north, there are pictures of it working on the Settle & Carlisle and other northern locations throughout the early 2000s and other points north of Watford as well as in the South West. A recent picture from 2019 even places it at Fort William!

Fort William you say!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sofisticat said:

I tried to order a rake of HAAs in the January sale and could never get the payment to go through. Accurascale could not give me a reason for the failure. The bank over here at the bottom of the world could find no record of a payment request, so I abandoned my attempt. That was on Mastercard as well.

I get that from time to time too. It is frustrating but you just need to keep trying and you will get through in the end.

On 10/02/2023 at 18:05, GordonC said:

So for the first 10 releases there, being LMR, are they modelled more 1970s as the coaches were built and on WCML workings behind the Class 50s?

Across the 2b and 2c ranges I had to pick the B&G examples very carefully as there is a mix of OHE flash panels - some have the early type (single flash) as originally applied to the stock when new, and is therefore correct for late 1960s thru to early/mid 1980s (the era I wanted). For these, they'd also be correct for the region to which they were originally delivered (WCML).

The later style 'double flash' OHE warning panels became standard from 1978 onwards I believe, but of course it would have taken some time for rolling stock to be updated, so the B&G coaches which have these would probably be correct for early-mid 1980s onwards. The earlier OHE panels would work for this later era as well as there would have been a mix of both in use for some time.

I got caught out with M19536 SK (ex FK) as this has the early style OHE panels but as posted earlier in this thread, the conversion was done from May 1985, so it's not correct for a 1970s situation. It's a bit of a minefield getting a consistent rake together for the '70s era because of these details!

Accurascale have done a fantastic job and over the course of time I'm sure further runs of Mk 2b/c stock will be made available in order to build up consistent rakes and fill in gaps (for example, no Mk 2c B&G TSOs with early OHE panels in this 1st run yet). I also just had to add the NSE TSO (T) & IC BFK, as with their Class 50, I started with a single early BR blue D423 and then ended up bagging an early NSE and Railfreight General example as well, they just look so good in those early sector liveries. These guys are pretty addictive I'll have to admit 😅

Edited by barison82
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, westie7 said:

Noticed that despite being a pre-order, I either missed it or there wasn't an option for deposit when ordering. Hence 200+ off my card about 10mths away from projected delivery.

Is this how it goes or am I missing a trick? 🤔

In the cart you will find buttons to checkout (and pay up) pay a reservation and the balance later or pay installments. if you missed or hit the wrong button just drop us a line and we can reverse and refund and you can place again. Hope that helps!

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I think you missed a trick!  When you view your Cart there is a blue coloured strip at the bottom of the page that lets you use partial.ly to pay a 15% deposit.  However this is only available if your pre-order has a value more than £100 (excl VAT).

image.png.2d4845e035d7bbff9a1c48706981b645.png

Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, barison82 said:

Across the 2b and 2c ranges I had to pick the B&G examples very carefully as there is a mix of OHE flash panels - some have the early type (single flash) as originally applied to the stock when new, and is therefore correct for late 1960s thru to early/mid 1980s (the era I wanted). For these, they'd also be correct for the region to which they were originally delivered (WCML).

The later style 'double flash' OHE warning panels became standard from 1978 onwards I believe, but of course it would have taken some time for rolling stock to be updated, so the B&G coaches which have these would probably be correct for early-mid 1980s onwards. The earlier OHE panels would work for this later era as well as there would have been a mix of both in use for some time.

I got caught out with M19536 SK (ex FK) as this has the early style OHE panels but as posted earlier in this thread, the conversion was done from May 1985, so it's not correct for a 1970s situation. It's a bit of a minefield getting a consistent rake together for the '70s era because of these details!

Accurascale have done a fantastic job and over the course of time I'm sure further runs of Mk 2b/c stock will be made available in order to build up consistent rakes and fill in gaps (for example, no Mk 2c B&G TSOs with early OHE panels in this 1st run yet). I also just had to add the NSE TSO (T) & IC BFK, as with their Class 50, I started with a single early BR blue D423 and then ended up bagging an early NSE and Railfreight General example as well, they just look so good in those early sector liveries. These guys are pretty addictive I'll have to admit 😅

Some vehicles lasted with the ‘early’ style until the very end of their careers, while others were outshopped with the revised versions very quickly.

All our chosen subjects are based on dated photos but the principle blue/grey paint scheme didn’t change very much, just the details.

What we don’t do now we’ll revisit in the future, especially as announcing models tends to ‘shake the tree’ a bit when it comes to new pictures and information 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, 55020 said:

I think you missed a trick!  When you view your Cart there is a blue coloured strip at the bottom of the page that lets you use partial.ly to pay a 15% deposit.  However this is only available if your pre-order has a value more than £100 (excl VAT).

Steve

Exactly that. 

We’re currently reviewing systems and options to allow more flexibility around preorders too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 55020 said:

Steve

Cheers 👍

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, barison82 said:

22 minutes ago, McC said:

Some vehicles lasted with the ‘early’ style until the very end of their careers, while others were outshopped with the revised versions very quickly.

All our chosen subjects are based on dated photos but the principle blue/grey paint scheme didn’t change very much, just the details.

What we don’t do now we’ll revisit in the future, especially as announcing models tends to ‘shake the tree’ a bit when it comes to new pictures and information 

As McC has said, there are many different options for the small details in the blue/grey period and it would be difficult to cover them all at once. I was disappointed that the Mk2b TSO was NOT being produced with InterCity branding, 50-50 smoking/non and early OHL flashes, yet there were two unbranded/all smoking/early OHL and two branded/all non smoking/late OHL, but I’m sure they’ll come later and it hasn’t stopped me ordering a couple in the meantime.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, McC said:

Yes I would have thought there would have been a few vehicles which had escaped any revisions. I appreciate all the careful research and effort that has gone into producing these, covering all the little details such as the OHE panels - a  wonderful attention to detail.

Brilliant, that's what I thought you would do, there's plenty of scope for further releases and I'm sure you'll make the most of this superb tooling.

Cheers!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

As McC has said, there are many different options for the small details in the blue/grey period and it would be difficult to cover them all at once. I was disappointed that the Mk2b TSO was NOT being produced with InterCity branding, 50-50 smoking/non and early OHL flashes, yet there were two unbranded/all smoking/early OHL and two branded/all non smoking/late OHL, but I’m sure they’ll come later and it hasn’t stopped me ordering a couple in the meantime.

I also pre-ordered those 2 Mk2b TSO's minus InterCity branding (5446 & 5482). These would be 'factory original' with a narrow window before they gained 'Inter City' branding from 1970 onwards?  I'd like those combinations too - InterCity branded early OHE versions with 50-50 smoking/non, all smoking and all non-smoking. I'll look forward to seeing what future runs will bring us.

• Like 1