Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Cavalex - New Class 60

AY Mod

35 minutes ago, Shoey said:

If there’s more EWS tugs in the pipeline this is one that I’d absolutely HAVE to have! A nice little touch for me is the petroleum stickers it acquired at some stage in its life.

39B76AE8-F41A-45ED-834F-D1AC2CFC9129.jpeg

Here is 021 at Barnetby, August 2007, on a nice Petroleum working!

MU5C0636.jpg.4f42bf26304ee64f24b79da3f8ccb7ac.jpg

Summer days with Semaphores and Sixties!

• Like 12

39 minutes ago, Grimleygrid said:

Here is 021 at Barnetby, August 2007, on a nice Petroleum working!

MU5C0636.jpg.4f42bf26304ee64f24b79da3f8ccb7ac.jpg

Summer days with Semaphores and Sixties!

Absolutely superb!! 🤩 With those tankers being produced too this is just the image I have in mind to model. Looking forward to the announcement of 021 😉😅🙏

• Like 4

On 24/03/2023 at 18:50, Shoey said:

If there’s more EWS tugs in the pipeline this is one that I’d absolutely HAVE to have! A nice little touch for me is the petroleum stickers it acquired at some stage in its life.

39B76AE8-F41A-45ED-834F-D1AC2CFC9129.jpeg

The wagon behind the loco is a warwell with a Bedford 4 tonner on it, canvas removed and frame lowered - nice.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just wondering whether the buffers will be painted as per the photo I have attached? I tried to paint the ‘white’ border on the Hornby (sorry for swearing) model but was beyond my painting skills!

A287E6EE-8518-4824-A744-AEAA8E0DD2BF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 03/04/2023 at 19:10, Shoey said:

Just wondering whether the buffers will be painted as per the photo I have attached? I tried to paint the ‘white’ border on the Hornby (sorry for swearing) model but was beyond my painting skills!

Yes they will, we paint and decorate all of our models exactly as per the prototype. Wagons included.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, RBE said:

Yes they will, we paint and decorate all of our models exactly as per the prototype. Wagons included.

Thank you, that’s great. I’m sorry if it seems I’m bombarding this thread with endless images of class 60’s but it’s a favourite class of mine. Your previous reply @RBE gives a perfect opportunity for me to post this next picture as previous offerings we’ve had, have had (how shall I put this?) little niggles/discrepancies - main one for me on this particular livery is the blue colour of the wording on the side is incorrect from the red box offering compared to what is pictured below on the real tug! So again, would love to see this in future batches announced 🙂

0C7F74B9-EA72-4D0D-92B5-ABE1FD41C3F6.jpeg

• Like 1

On 03/04/2023 at 19:10, Shoey said:

This pic needs to go in the "When the real thing...&c" thread.

And more importantly, will the Cavalex Tug feature randomly wonky buffers, something Hornby seems to have down pat with their Brush 5.

C6T.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

That really is an outstandingly generous price for what is going to be the next benchmark OO locomotive after your Cl. 56. The pedantic attention to detail, whilst offering a great price, is truly noteworthy of admiration from me! I have always been rather on the fence in terms of interest in the Cl. 60, even though I have had some great experiences with them at Toton. Still, a Cappagh one is essential for anyone who likes stone trains and with the new level of detail you are bringing to the hobby, the Cappagh one is what I am getting! Look forward to further progress! 

• Agree 1

Given what the other guys are charging for 20+ year old tooling, this is an absolute bargain... (makes it all the more sad that the Class 91 and Mk4s were assassinated too :( )

My first of probably many orders is in with Trains4U, now the waiting begins...

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Went ahead and ordered 60010, 028 & 087 all with sound today via Rails of Sheffield 😅 contemplating 059 in loadhaul - just because I like the livery. Plus it’d look great all weathered up hauling a number of different rakes of wagons I have…. That’s a good enough excuse right? 🙈😄

Decorated examples can’t come quick enough! (Though the way this year is going they’ll soon be here)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Shoey said:

Not my video but watch from 2:30 onwards… Awesome sounds!! All we need now is Cavalex to announce the Murco TEA’s & TDA’s too 😜 

3000 ton takes a bit shifting,no drama,unbeliveable what a loco can move nowadays.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

3000 ton takes a bit shifting,no drama,unbeliveable what a loco can move nowadays.

It really is unbelievable isn’t it!? It amazes me when you see the full HOBC set being moved about!

• Friendly/supportive 1

As far as I know the Mendip trains are still the heaviest in the country, 4,500 t with a single 59 up front. Amazing to think 3,000t is commonplace across the country, amazing what Railfreight can deliver.

Jo

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:
7 hours ago, Shoey said:

3000 ton takes a bit shifting,no drama,unbeliveable what a loco can move nowadays

It takes 3000 tons, but the windscreen wiper is rubbish. If we think how smooth they are on cars these days why is on such an expensive loco this terrible thing in front of the windscreen? 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Wipers are air driven in most locos and units, they can be quite useless and noisy at times!

the heaviest trains I’ve worked with 60s were oil trains which were up to about 4000 ton, used to shift that without breaking a sweat really! 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

Having recently ventured back into OO gauge after over a year in N scale and HO scale American model trains. I am going to get at least two of these new Class 60's but I cover BR era so I will likely get the Triple Grey ones. I hope that in the future there will be a 60008 "Moel Fammau" model in Triple Grey as I had that one many years ago and the real thing used to stalk me in the 1990's when I was out on trips as I would always see it on steel or oil trains. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...