Class 66, By Accurascale

1 hour ago, McC said:

The sound fitted model is exactly 785g. The DCC ready version is about 8g less. 

Thanks McC.  Slightly heavier and a real heavyweight, as she should be on the model circuit, for the rakes typical of the Class 66.

Al.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Thanks McC.  Slightly heavier and a real heavyweight, as she should be on the model circuit, for the rakes typical of the Class 66.

Al.

Hi Al,

The preproduction locos pulled the heaviest train on making tracks and I believe that it was the only loco that could pull it single handed and not double headed. It did mile after mile on it without any mechanical issues.

9 minutes ago, 47423 said:

Any likely hood of any spare 66001's becoming available ?

Hi @47423,

Yes, we should have some once the rest of them arrive with the main shipment in a few weeks. The stock that arrived last week only covered pre-orders. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Al,

The preproduction locos pulled the heaviest train on making tracks and I believe that it was the only loco that could pull it single handed and not double headed. It did mile after mile on it without any mechanical issues.

Fran 

Thanks Fran.

Sounds like it's as powerful as the 'original', which was / still is phenomenal!!

Full of questions - I suggested the gearing might be lowered slightly, as the H4-66 will fly considerably beyond a scale 100 mph.  Has the overall gearing been lowered?

Al.

• RMweb Premium

Of my locos the heaviest haulers are 1 - AS Class 55, 2 - AS class 92 My ex now sold Hattons 66 was in the same haulage range.

Not sure of their weights but the Deltic is very heavy.

14 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @47423,

Yes, we should have some once the rest of them arrive with the main shipment in a few weeks. The stock that arrived last week only covered pre-orders. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks Fran  😊 

I'm far from an expert / veteran on weathering / fatiguing models, and I only use 'rattle cans'.

I have to psyche myself up each time a 'new gem' arrives to if/as/when/how much the weathering happens ... know the story.

My CavAlex took 4 days before a 'light dusting' appeared where seemed correct on the roof - hardly notice but just slightly dulls the sheen / shine - looks great.

I also masked up 'everywhere not required' and with the 'see through vents' and etched grilles tried spraying out - great idea but wasn't effective.

Back on track, Evening Star should be with me soon so really can't wait to get her rolling.  So many options with the '66', was difficult to decide which to plumb for - all look superb, of course.

775g I believe is pretty much the same weight as my AS 55 was when I received that +/- so a real heavyweight.  I bet Pete Waterman was impressed!!

Al. 

Edited by atom3624
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My sound fitted 66001 arrived earlier in the week and I've had my first chance to open it up and see what it is I've bought.

This is my first accurascale model I've had delivered, so no previous personal experience of them as a manufacturer, but what a first impression it was. Opening the box felt like a real treat in its own right with all the reading material and limited edition certificate in there. The model itself is an absolute gem, perfect to my eye, running is excellent, and the sound file and driveability is also oustanding, I really appreciate the stay alive provision as standard on a sound fitted loco, I wish all manufacturers offered this. In conclusion I really couldn't be happier, it's the first loco I've ever bought which is genuinely ready to go bar a bit of weathering, no retrofitting better speakers or adding capacitors!

I've also got a few 31s, a 37, and a 50 in the pipeline and on the basis of the quality of this model, I'm even more excited to see those arrive. Bravo guys, this one's a gem.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

That’s a great photo , but he may want to call that “ September 1998” , 1999 is a year in service and it was decidedly browny to the underside as they all became 

Edited by rob D2
  • Agree 1

Spent all of about 2 minutes fitting the full deflector plate onto my 66001, this is a fantastic idea I was dreading fitting all those pipes and couplings so to have two fully made up alternative ends ready to go is fantastic!

Take the lid off.

IMG_1203.jpeg.b4e00660d5eab78cb18062b9f4b9938d.jpeg

Unscrew the original deflector plate with NEM coupling.

IMG_1204.jpeg.058a9ce32d810b8de3d808cddbcd4fc9.jpeg

Add new full pre fitted deflector plate:

IMG_1205.jpeg.570182991be988aee0a19cd9339f7d1e.jpeg

What a beauty, seems a shame to weather it really, roll on batch two and some more plain Jane EWS versions.

IMG_1206.jpeg.7511e25ee12f216a9792a202cb8f4fc6.jpeg

Edited by Goodnight Sweetheart
  • Like 17
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 hours ago, Goodnight Sweetheart said:

Spent all of about 2 minutes fitting the full deflector plate onto my 66001, this is a fantastic idea I was dreading fitting all those pipes and couplings so to have two fully made up alternative ends ready to go is fantastic!

Take the lid off.

IMG_1203.jpeg.b4e00660d5eab78cb18062b9f4b9938d.jpeg

Unscrew the original deflector plate with NEM coupling.

IMG_1204.jpeg.058a9ce32d810b8de3d808cddbcd4fc9.jpeg

Add new full pre fitted deflector plate:

IMG_1205.jpeg.570182991be988aee0a19cd9339f7d1e.jpeg

What a beauty, seems a shame to weather it really, roll on batch two and some more plain Jane EWS versions.

IMG_1206.jpeg.7511e25ee12f216a9792a202cb8f4fc6.jpeg

Interesting that the speaker is facing downward in this model

12 minutes ago, Dutch-Traindriver said:

And in the meantime, enjoy this incredibly beautiful EWS 66001. What a model and what a sound. So far he has driven every day.

dont have it,  it is not in my era,   looks amazing tho 

• Thanks 1

Have to admit, to my eyes the green on this Freightliner 66 looks absolutely spot on! Think you guys have nailed it and really looking forward to receiving one of these 😎

IMG_7893.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, The Meerkat said:

on the website it says eta 30th April sure that cant be right 

Thats the current ETA of the ship yep. We’d hope to be shipping first week may. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2