Class 66, By Accurascale

On 12/04/2024 at 12:19, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @WCML100,

That's correct. It's a massive project but we should have something to show later this year.

Cheers!

Fran 

That must be an understatement.

The sheer number of components must be considerable, and the need to keep track of stock will need a fair amount of resource.   In any case I can't imagine you'll be able to hold every component of every product you've ever produced.

Good luck with the project.

On 12/04/2024 at 15:50, McC said:

The sound fitted model is exactly 785g. The DCC ready version is about 8g less. 

I've noticed you're quoting weights against one or two of your products on the web site, something I find useful.

However in most cases it's the package weight (which I guess is useful for costing postage) rather than the vehicle itself.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Michael Hodgson said:

That must be an understatement.

The sheer number of components must be considerable, and the need to keep track of stock will need a fair amount of resource.   In any case I can't imagine you'll be able to hold every component of every product you've ever produced.

Good luck with the project.

I've noticed you're quoting weights against one or two of your products on the web site, something I find useful.

However in most cases it's the package weight (which I guess is useful for costing postage) rather than the vehicle itself.

Under the specification tab you’ll find the vehicle weight also. 

IMG_7853.jpeg

2 hours ago, McC said:

Under the specification tab you’ll find the vehicle weight also. 

Yes, but only for some models.  The class 30 and the Manor show only the pack weight for example.

The class 37 shows a pack weight that's lighter than the loco!

6 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Yes, but only for some models.  The class 30 and the Manor show only the pack weight for example.

Maybe the packaging Is filled with helium?

• Funny 7

10 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Probably because they’ve not got the full production weights just yet? Vice the 37 that’s been delivered. 

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Have they arrived?

image.png.f32135cf4e373ca07b4204a2948dc499.png

Running about a week or so late right now thanks to the ‘long way around’ on the boat. 

• Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

Running about a week or so late right now thanks to the ‘long way around’ on the boat. 

A week, AAAAah! ‘It’s ok it’s ok I can cope,  it’s only 7 days, or 168 hours or 10080 minutes, or 604800 seconds’… AAAah why oh why….

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 02/05/2024 at 20:30, atom3624 said:

Well the original last update was 'end of April', so that means, erm, .....   🤔

Al.

At least with Accurascale we know that they will get to us within a month of landing in the UK

Edited by zr2498
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks,

The ships are still chugging along the sea, but 66s should be in your paws in a couple of weeks! I know the handful of 66001s that are here already are getting lonely, but not long now!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

I know the first batch haven’t arrived just yet but as they’re not far away I’m already thinking about what I’d like to see in batch 2. This one being a favourite of mine.

BFE72DAA-E270-4585-8AD5-5129E3DF3185.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Shoey said:

I know the first batch haven’t arrived just yet but as they’re not far away I’m already thinking about what I’d like to see in batch 2. This one being a favourite of mine.

Is that a model or a photo of the real thing?

2 hours ago, Shoey said:

3 minutes ago, letterspider said:

Is that a model or a photo of the real thing?

Thats Swindon mate , entrance to EMR 

Easy conversion .

10p of masking tape and a can of Halfords white primer .. but,…

changing the number on those rib sides gave folk massive issues on the Bachmann one , I can’t see it being easier  on any shed 

• RMweb Gold

Coal and Biomass hoppers have been feeling abandoned, but they will be very happy 😀 when 66779 and 66763 arrive to pull them out of the stock boxes.

66779Eveningstarclass66withcoaltrain.jpg.a977c087987c6baa6b6e802fa8294322.jpg

66779Eveningstarclass66withbiomass.jpg.1ba3ff874496449d406693144c954fdc.jpg

66763GBRFclass66withbiomass.jpg.b2f24ae3de94aecef59ed8943ee52415.jpg

GBRf66763withcoalhoppers.png.1ab772db48de250fee654d899df9e38e.png

Better pictures of 66763 with Biomass would be appreciated.

• Like 2

On 02/05/2024 at 21:09, zr2498 said:

At least with Accurascale we know that they will get to us within a month of landing in the UK, unlike another company (who cannot be named), who must have lost their packing tape. Over 4 months and counting. 

You really do act like a spoilt child, bringing it up at every opportunity. Grow up.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Next batch please:

DRS 66/4 or 66/3 as used for nuclear flask traffic (Accurascale stock of course) .

Class66withnuclearflasks.jpg.1aee13c1ba032b6d7208d61de7bf3c47.jpg

Edited by zr2498
Original post replaced with applicable content

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Might be forced into buying two of the DRS 66's + a renumbering job

image.png.bc84a5fc69d7d7ae6e449f449c82ad59.png

Edited by zr2498
Original post replaced with applicable content

44 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

I'm not quite sure who you think you are. You have made this personal, which is not abiding by RMWeb customs.

Are you the (supplier who cannot be named) thought police.

It's not a tantrum. I expect many customers are feeling the same as me, but I have the right to air my frustration re the poor service.

I have not phoned (the supplier who cannot be named), so as to let them have free time to get packaging. However as I did email and have had no reply, then I am not even sure if my order will be fullfilled.

It seems that you are following me around on RMWeb and are having a go at me at every opportunity. The very thing that you are complaining about.

Sadly this bullying is a negative aspect of what is usually a great source of interaction with other modellers. 

Have a nice day!

I am not following you around on RMWeb, you are posting the same boring digs at Phil Sutton and SLW all over the place. It's getting tedious. I haven't made this personal in the slightest, like you have with SLW. 

Phil is a perfectionist, I expect he is either not happy with the quality of the sound decoders, or they have failed to arrive. How he conducts his business is well, his business. No amount of you taking constant snidey digs at him will change it. 

As for who I am, I am just an adult who is happy to wait for a quality  product to be delivered, along with the silent majority.

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, steveb860 said:

I am not following you around on RMWeb, you are posting the same boring digs at Phil Sutton and SLW all over the place. It's getting tedious. I haven't made this personal in the slightest, like you have with SLW.

Amen to that.  Trolling pure and simple - I'm quite fed up of the repetition🙄

• Agree 2

Anyway, back to sheds!

DRS compass on a 66/3 or later /4 would be on my list.

I quite like some 66/6’s in FL livery or Bardon Blue.

then there is always Fastline, Malcolm or Stobart liveries too

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1