New Accurascale Exclusive; The ZDV Wagon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived today and what a work of art it is too! Theres a little pack of brake rigging and pipes, possibly 3 link couplings (Fran?) A leaflet with info on the prototype and an exploded diagram. There are sprung buffers on it as well! 

You even get an Accurascale sticker so that's going to adorn my toolbox soon. 

Well done to everyone at Accurascale Towers, another fantastic model!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to receiving mine. Email arrived yesterday saying its been dispatched and enroute. Delivery will be Monday coming 😀.I have been looking at Paul Bartletts pictures and 3 link coupling are evident.

Edited by Kevin Johnson
  • Friendly/supportive 1

19 hours ago, The Evil Bus Driver said:

Theres a little pack of brake rigging and pipes, possibly 3 link couplings (Fran?) A leaflet with info on the prototype and an exploded diagram.

A cracking model, the underframe detail is incredible. Not sure the tension lock couplings are warranted to be spring operated unless its for 1st radi curves ?  One  of my order was missing the info sheet and detail pack, but I'll deal with that. When I did see the info-sheet and detailing pack there's no actual description of why there's a second set or brake-rigging.  I'm assuming for EM or P4 use.  There are brake hoses in the detailing pack, but no guidance on where they go (Flickr will provide the answers) . No holes on the buffer beam for brake pipes, albeit there are some tiny ones facing down on the underside of the coupling mechanism.

Overall 9/10. Better info-pack would have taken it to 10/10.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Evil Bus Driver said:

You even get an Accurascale sticker

Lolling - missed that as well.  The top box of my order only contained the model! I can only opine that perhaps loading the extras got missed. 🙄

badges-we-don-t-need-no-stinking-badges-t-shirt-vintage-t-shirt-review-cotton-factory-cotton-factory-2_gif.jpeg

2 hours ago, Melly said:

Lolling - missed that as well.  The top box of my order only contained the model! I can only opine that perhaps loading the extras got missed. 🙄

badges-we-don-t-need-no-stinking-badges-t-shirt-vintage-t-shirt-review-cotton-factory-cotton-factory-2_gif.jpeg

To be honest I nearly missed mine, check the box it came in and make sure you haven't dropped it. Mine now adorns my tool box. 

• Like 1

Hi All,

I have received my Accurascale MDV 21 ton departmental wagon & very impressed with the finish.
it is an ideal starting point for some subtle weathering too. 

Limited to just 500 models so if you would like one of these I suggest you move fast as these won’t be around for long!

IMG_4238.jpeg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Received my Accurascale ZDV 21T wagon this afternoon. Its super dooper the attention to the underside of this wagon is superb. Looking forward to adding the 3 link couplings. We'll done Accurascale.👍

• Like 1

On 22/10/2023 at 03:25, Going2theDogs said:

Hi All,

I have received my Accurascale MDV 21 ton departmental wagon & very impressed with the finish.
it is an ideal starting point for some subtle weathering too. 

Limited to just 500 models so if you would like one of these I suggest you move fast as these won’t be around for long!

IMG_4238.jpeg

What these need is a beat up engineers class 31.

Just sayin

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

My LDV arrived early Monday morning along with an MDW triple pack in a separate box.   Very pleased with these Accurascale products but the DHL driver had dumped the boxes beside my rubbish bin, which in the meantime before I had seen the notification of delivery e-mail, had been taken by the bin man and emptied into his truck and the two parcels were also gone.   Enquiries with neighbours had drawn a blank.   Fortunately I discovered late Tuesday afternoon that the refuse collector had suspected that these two boxes might not have been intended for destruction and had kept them aside.  So I have been able to retrieve my wagons undamaged.  No thanks to DHL for their disgusting lack of care in the delivery.

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

My LDV arrived early Monday morning along with an MDW triple pack in a separate box.   Very pleased with these Accurascale products but the DHL driver had dumped the boxes beside my rubbish bin, which in the meantime before I had seen the notification of delivery e-mail, had been taken by the bin man and emptied into his truck and the two parcels were also gone.   Enquiries with neighbours had drawn a blank.   Fortunately I discovered late Tuesday afternoon that the refuse collector had suspected that these two boxes might not have been intended for destruction and had kept them aside.  So I have been able to retrieve my wagons undamaged.  No thanks to DHL for their disgusting lack of care in the delivery.

That is not a good tale of DHL service, so I am pleased to report mine was the opposite. I was actually abroad when my first delivery texts came through, the message saying they needed someone to receive the parcel.  As there was no-one, and my neighbours weren't in, the parcel went back to DHL.  Fortunately, the delivery slot was later yesterday, and we arrived home about two hours before thew delivery.  The DHL delivery guy insisted on handing it over, and I was pleased. The cardboard box had a bumps but their "airbag" inside made sure the Accurascale boxes (I ordered two) were pristine. 

10/10 to both DHL and Accurascale. 

Next parcel hopefully is blue Brush type 2 5544 - probably next year

• Like 1

Hi,

I didn't notice one of those 'Badges' stickers either in the packaging or in the wagon box itself... not a big deal though (just a nicety).

However, should there have been a Certificate (i.e. per the website description, below)?

Common features:

Pack of one wagon.

Special packaging and certificate

Thanks,

Ixion.