RMweb

Tardis

• RMweb Gold

My favourite assistant was Leela, the stone-age girl.  Never used to wear a lot and constantly livened the conversations with 'shall I kill him now, Doctor' while licking a knife.  Susan she wasn't...

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Aaaargh, don't get me started on Dr. Who assistants! There have been some right little minxes....🥰

(Alright nurse, I'll get back in bed now...)

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

I think it's the usual problem that wargamers use taller 28 mm figures: see e.g. the Harlequin Minatures range at https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Harlequin-Miniatures-in-Collectable-Doctor-Who-Models/112481/bn_7022878270

So here's the First Doctor if you're modelling British Railways days: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145062112963?hash=item21c6602ec3:g:ERYAAOSwCwhjZ63d

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Chrisr40 said:

Need to convince modelu to get down to the next Dr Who convention with their sonic scanner

And a suitable license to produce and sell Dr Who merch…

Cheers

Darius

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

I would be perfectly happy with any Doctor from William Hartnell to Sylvester McCoy, excluding Patrick Troughton and Colin Baker (didn’t like them that much).  K9 is specifically banned from my layout.   Recently, I saw a Discworld inspired layout, no doubt in time, someone will come up with a Cybermen v Daleks inspired layout, should be fun.  Meanwhile, I just fancied giving a plausible reason why I keep moving my Police Box to silly places on my layout. Perhaps a quiet word with the ModelU gentleman is in order….

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I did Tom Baker and Sarah Jane plus K9…….just found a male figure in a long coat with a hat and added a homemade scarf ( Tamiya masking tape) and a female figure in a trouser suit…K9 is scratchbuilt……..and this is 2mm scale.

IMG_2922.jpeg

IMG_2921.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Citadel did them a few years ago. Problem is they are like hens teeth and were a bit on the tall side working out well over six feet tall.

They also did a packet of Daleks V Cybermen which was a plastic sprue of about twenty each.

By "a few" you mean 30+ years ago... But those were 28mm gaming scale, rather than the 20 to 22 mm scale needed, which is a very uncommon gaming scale, and they weren't that detailed, at least compared to the more recent Eureka or Warlords 28/32mm ones (there's been a steady trend to upsize, Citadel/Games Workshop started at 25mm nominally back in the late 70's).

• Like 1

My post apparently has disappeared into cyberspace (exterminated?), so I'll try again.

No Dr. Who, but I do have a Dalek amongst the layout whimsies (along with Herbie, Dick Dastardly (and Mutley of course) in their wacky Racer, Marilyn Monroe* in a Cadillac Convertible and odd dragons and dinosaurs).

* Allegedly!, though she seems to be just a generic plastic blonde (or rather half blonde as she lacks a lower half to fit in the Caddy).

Any resemblances in the Dalek to a pepper pot and its armaments to a sink plunger and a whisk are not a coincidence....

I'll refrain from comment on the assistants.... (If I were American, I'd plead the Fifth!)

Edited by Il Grifone