TT:120 Class 50

Phil Parker

1 hour ago, smr248 said:

It's not the track, the body isn't sitting on the chassis properly...  

Hopefully they'll sort it before they go into production.

In the very first picture Phil posted, it IS the track!! The piece the front bogie is on isn't level with the pieces behind - run a straight edge along the photo following the rail edge, I have. The front piece rises up.

Edited by F-UnitMad

I see what you mean.  That's pretty poor track - I remember a comment from months back about Hornby's approach to track laying being to put the ballast down before the track (I'm not making this up...).

I still say that the body isn't on the chassis correctly though - there's a gap above the front step that shouldn't be there.

4 minutes ago, smr248 said:

I see what you mean.  That's pretty poor track - I remember a comment from months back about Hornby's approach to track laying being to put the ballast down before the track (I'm not making this up...).

I still say that the body isn't on the chassis correctly though - there's a gap above the front step that shouldn't be there.

A rushed photo shoot with a loosely assembled test example?

48 minutes ago, natterjack said:

A rushed photo shoot with a loosely assembled test example?

Photoshoot won't be the issue so much as the loco being a livery sample.

These get handled by all sorts of folk, and from what experience I have of them, not always handled too carefully.  Based on one that came my way it is lucky to still have both bogies attached to it.....

Les

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Always nice to see a 50 hence why I've ended up browsing this thread.

I reckon they're taking a different approach to the challenge of producing a EE model to go round tight curves. On the OO one they used smaller wheels (which I think Accurascale did with the Deltic... I dont fully know as I haven't bought one).

On this one it looks like their solution is to raise the body as the wheel size looks good to me. You can see this on the front as there's too much bufferbeam showing and a gap between the buffer beam step and bottom of the body. I think (but hard to tell) there is the same gap between the bogie and body but it looks a little tighter to me

So this will look tall Vs coaches and the HST next to it ;)

Debatable whether this option or smaller wheels is better but I understand why they have to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Les1952 said:

Photoshoot won't be the issue so much as the loco being a livery sample.

These get handled by all sorts of folk, and from what experience I have of them, not always handled too carefully.  Based on one that came my way it is lucky to still have both bogies attached to it.....

Les

I did say they are deco samples, and yes, the shoot was rushed, so I didn't check it was put together properly and not damaged. One of the TTA tanks has a mashed buffer, I just didn't take show a photo of it. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

I did say they are deco samples, and yes, the shoot was rushed, so I didn't check it was put together properly and not damaged. One of the TTA tanks has a mashed buffer, I just didn't take show a photo of it. 

The camera is cruel to models.

• Agree 2