Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Welcome to Accurascale's Lifetime Warranty, For Future, Present and Past Models

16 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I believe that DCC Concepts offer something similar (usual disclaimer).

To clarify:

The lifetime warranty only applies to the Cobalt (blue) point motors.

The warranty only applies to the original purchaser and not second hand sales.

Also - "fair and proper use" - so drilling into the case with a 10mm bit or submerging them in water doesn't qualify.

There are other T&Cs

Best Regards,

The DCCconcepts Team

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, newbryford said:

Not sure this is covered by the lifetime warranty

chopHYA(10)r.jpg.9ef1cf49e39daeede9172062105dfac3.jpg

Well they do do nuke stuff so perhaps that comes under half-life warranty?

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, DCCconcepts said:

To clarify:

The lifetime warranty only applies to the Cobalt (blue) point motors.

The warranty only applies to the original purchaser and not second hand sales.

Also - "fair and proper use" - so drilling into the case with a 10mm bit or submerging them in water doesn't qualify.

There are other T&Cs

Best Regards,

The DCCconcepts Team

Could be useful on Aegis as its a chunk of money for a years warranty.......

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, 40002 said:

So supposing you decide to sell your Accurascale model on such as ebay after say a couple of months from purchase what warranty if any will the new owner get?

The wording states any item sold new by Accurascale or their retailers.

Technically it would be a used loco so I wouldn't imagine any warranty would be due, although happy to be proven wrong.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, NBL said:

The wording states any item sold new by Accurascale or their retailers.

Technically it would be a used loco so I wouldn't imagine any warranty would be due, although happy to be proven wrong.

Most Ebay sellers of Accura locos who aren't official retailers are doing so with 'no returns accepted'. I've seen one dealer offering 30 day returns, but if you buy on Ebay you will have to resolve yourself if there is an issue, as normal.

I am hoping the apparent oversupply of 37's on Ebay means prices will come down as reality kicks in. It does appear a lot of locos were bought to turn a profit as there can't be that many people who have suddenly decided to change scale/time period or give up on modelling in the last few months! That will then make it worth buying and taking the risk, same as any other model.

The other issue is that most of these Ebay ones have probably never been run or tested as they were bought to sell on, so the seller probably has no idea. I've yet to see an AS 37 where they say it is tested and running etc, which is normal for 'proper' secondhand items rather than 'brand new in box' arbtitrage items.

Worth pointing out some AS 37's are still in stock in some proper retailers, Colletts have some DRS ones IIRC.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

For UK and EU buyers this probably isn't such a big deal given statutory rights, but it will be very welcome to buyers in countries where consumers have less statutory protection and is a most welcome initiative.

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

For UK and EU buyers this probably isn't such a big deal given statutory rights...

It's still full of get outs.  The Accurascale announcement gives me total confidence, I decided recently to only purchase direct after an unhelpful retailer and go for preorder rather than see what others think.

The ability to return direct if bought elsewhere for repair is the big draw rather than via a retailer to send to and for them to on forward.  I have a run 2 37 direct, on wait list for a 31, but confident of elsewhere if I miss the 31.

Well done Accurascale.

Edited by IOW O2
Spelling. correction
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, IOW O2 said:

It's still full of get outs.  The Accurascale announcement gives me total confidence, I decided recently to only purchase direct after an unhelpful retailer and go for preorder rather than see what others think.

The ability to return direct if bought elsewhere for repair is the big draw rather than via a retailer to send to and for them to on forward.  I have a run 2 37 direct, on wait list for a 31, but confident of elsewhere if I miss the 3.

Well done Accurascale.

Looking at this i guess now you can return direct as long as you have proof of buying from one of there retail partners,stops all the its been away six weeks and Fran and McC having to take bullets here.Speaks volumes as to there integrity and honest approach,just hope its not taken advantage of by secret shop broken purposly tactics to try out.Even Jesus had his doubters so its been going around a while in folk.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The Accurascale Limited Lifetime Warranty covers the product as housed in its original packaging against deficiencies in materials and workmanship when used normally from the date of delivery. Any claims made which do not fall under the scope of the warranty terms will not be accepted.  The Accurascale Limited Warranty does not apply: 

(h) to damage caused by normal wear and tear

I think the Limited Lifetime Warranty is an excellent thing, but I have a slight difficulty reconciling the parts quoted in bold above.

I'm sure there might be a subtlety I'm missing, but I Am Not A Lawyer

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Looking at this i guess now you can return direct as long as you have proof of buying from one of there retail partners,

All in the T & C's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, melmoth said:

I think the Limited Lifetime Warranty is an excellent thing, but I have a slight difficulty reconciling the parts quoted in bold above.

I'm sure there might be a subtlety I'm missing, but I Am Not A Lawyer

It looks pretty straight forward to me and looks to be very similar to schemes I know from other fields.

If they have got it wrong, they will put it right. If you muck it up it is down to you.

As a PR exercise I think it is brilliant. The comments already make it a success,

However, wearing my QA hat, Accurascale appear to have very robust quality systems in place. 

They must be fairly sure as to the likely figures to be returned under this scheme.

I would think that figure will be very low. That does give me confidence in their products. At the same time it gives me added confidence that I will never need to take advantage of this scheme.

Bernard

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Bernard Lamb said:

It looks pretty straight forward to me and looks to be very similar to schemes I know from other fields.

If they have got it wrong, they will put it right. If you muck it up it is down to you.

As a PR exercise I think it is brilliant. The comments already make it a success,

However, wearing my QA hat, Accurascale appear to have very robust quality systems in place. 

They must be fairly sure as to the likely figures to be returned under this scheme.

I would think that figure will be very low. That does give me confidence in their products. At the same time it gives me added confidence that I will never need to take advantage of this scheme.

Bernard

I agree absolutely, and I think it's a brilliant thing. But I'm still confused about the potential conflict in the points I've highlighted.

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, melmoth said:

I agree absolutely, and I think it's a brilliant thing. But I'm still confused about the potential conflict in the points I've highlighted.

It simply means that any defect in the materials or assembly of them is covered. 

Failure due to normal wear and tear isn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, McC said:

It simply means that any defect in the materials or assembly of them is covered. 

Failure due to normal wear and tear isn’t. 

I get that, and I understand that  you're potentially extending the warranty on a product to infinity (or thereabouts), but what is "normal" in terms of "wear and tear"?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, melmoth said:

I get that, and I understand that  you're potentially extending the warranty on a product to infinity (or thereabouts), but what is "normal" in terms of "wear and tear"?

Probably anything used on the making tracks layout isn’t normal wear and tear, piddling around a normal persons layout even a large home or club one is.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, melmoth said:

It's really not hard to understand.  

Normal wear and tear = use on a normal sized layout, handled carefully, stored secured

Not normal = constant use on a huge layout, roughly handled and stored unsecured where movement will damage it.

i.e don't throw it about and drill holes in it

Edited by NBL
  • Like 2

Nice of them to offer this on new models. However if I get any used models and the motors go pop. I will replace them with Mashima or Kato motors as I have never had issues with either make. These are really nice models and they deserve to have a good motor or at least in my opinion. I love your Class 92's and I am looking forward to trying out the Class 66's and others. 

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, BritishRail60062 said:

Nice of them to offer this on new models. However if I get any used models and the motors go pop. I will replace them with Mashima or Kato motors as I have never had issues with either make. These are really nice models and they deserve to have a good motor or at least in my opinion. I love your Class 92's and I am looking forward to trying out the Class 66's and others. 

They do have excellent motors which already are a significant percentage of the overall cost of the unit with each motor specified and wound for the performance needed for the specific locomotive. It’s our intention to provide motors as accessories shortly as well of course as providing the option for low or at cost repair /replacement for anything outside the Warranty 

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 3

12 hours ago, McC said:

They do have excellent motors which already are a significant percentage of the overall cost of the unit with each motor specified and wound for the performance needed for the specific locomotive. It’s our intention to provide motors as accessories shortly as well of course as providing the option for low or at cost repair /replacement for anything outside the Warranty 

That is most welcome news and I am glad to hear it for new models. Although I was point my finger more towards preowned models where either the warranty has expired or the model I buy is a non runner like those that come up on eBay. Also I will be living in the US in the future, so my methods will work out cheaper and easier unless you have an authorised service centre in the US that can fix them. But I really love the fact that you are doing your upmost best for these model trains and respect to all of you for offering this lifetime warranty for all models. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Well I've just received two screws(!) after my first use of Accurascale's helpline, a swift and painless procedure so thanks all round👍

A marked contrast to Amazon who cancelled my (substantially more expensive) order a few minutes before delivery was due last Sunday, no reason given, and have still to refund the money they're sitting on as an interest free loan 🤬

• Like 1