Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Gilbert, a question if I may about the surface mounted (Points) Micro-switches in the Fiddle. Can you tell me where the power source is from please; is it the track power (i.e. a wire from each rail and thus DCC) or a lower voltage source (e.g. 12v and thus Analogue DC)?

Please PM if you wish.

Many thanks,

Duck. 

So much for the theory that golf might put my back into place. One more photo before trying to get some sleep.

attachicon.gif13 2.jpg

Oh all right then, two.

attachicon.gif13 4.jpg

Nearly finished with the Elizabethan now, honest.

Such perfection here....I can only envy your skills...well done (makes me want to cover my developing layout with a dustsheet) !

• RMweb Premium

Gilbert, a question if I may about the surface mounted (Points) Micro-switches in the Fiddle. Can you tell me where the power source is from please; is it the track power (i.e. a wire from each rail and thus DCC) or a lower voltage source (e.g. 12v and thus Analogue DC)?

Please PM if you wish.

Many thanks,

Duck. 

Track power Phil, they just come off the main bus.

• RMweb Premium

I have been manipulated by a very nice young lady, and now feel much better. :smile_mini:  And so we shall have some more pictures. Behind the misdescribed B1 there was a Gresley steel panelled artic set, still with the original short composite in the middle.

post-98-0-99639500-1458168255_thumb.jpg

And very soon after it vacated Platform 3, the 1.45pm KX- Newcastle ran in to take its place, headed by one of those controversial Thompson engines.

post-98-0-72585400-1458168482_thumb.jpg

The clouds are closing in again, it doesn't stay sunny for long at PN.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

This morning was spent with my financial advisor, who felt that my suggestion to sell up all my investments and put the proceeds in a suitcase under the bed was a bit simplistic, so we decided to do nothing and hope. This afternoon I have struggled with an absence of light, but managed a bit of weathering. I also scraped the bottom of the barrel, and came up with two more images from the last shoot.

post-98-0-43590700-1458317986_thumb.jpg

The C12 pilot is bringing stock for the shuttle service down to East into number 1 bay.

post-98-0-88543300-1458318085_thumb.jpg

While at the other end 60854 at last gets the road to continue its journey to Doncaster.

I've also hacked that water crane about a bit more, and made a bit of a mess of it. Never mind, it was the first attempt, and I have several more which I can work on, and apply the knowledge gained from this attempt, to produce something better. I've seen enough to decide that it is a worthwhile exercise.

post-98-0-41100300-1458318360_thumb.jpg

Far less obtrusive, and a basis for something which, though still not prototypically correct, will be a step forward, I think.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Nothing much in the image store at present, but our man did get a look at an A1 running in under Crescent Bridge with the 1.52pm KX - Doncaster.

post-98-0-28058400-1458382390_thumb.jpg

I did remember to at least weather those huge lamps, but not until after this shot had been taken. And the sun came out so far as the railway is concerned because I couldn't be ar$ed to photoshop all those gaps in the bridge structure agin so soon after I last did it.

Edited by great northern
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Bit of a problem here. I can't think of any places to take photos that you haven't already seen many times, and photos taken in poor light tend to be poor themselves. So, here is the best I can come up with.

post-98-0-23995400-1458427881_thumb.jpg

One of the last A4s with single chimney, here waiting to take over the Northumbrian, when it arrives. That isn't it in the background, by the way. In typical Gateshead condition, she had a very poor reputation in the 50s until the fitting of a double chimney transformed her. I believe that a badly fitting smokebox door turned out to be the reason for the engine steaming so poorly for so long.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

And so today we have sun and warmth, but no golf. The camera has been pointed, and the results are encouraging, but have not yet been tidied up. It is strange, but some days a whole shoot produces uninspiring results, while on another everything seems to come out well. I was about to delete the rest of the last lot, which were very uninspiring, when I realised that people might want to record the number of the A1, so here it is.

post-98-0-96234200-1458478060_thumb.jpg

That young lad's head is in the way of the cabside number - Coachmann wouldn't like that - but you can see the name OK. Of course there is also something growing out of the chimney as usual. Not photoshopped, too idle. :lazy:

• Like 17

And so today we have sun and warmth, but no golf. The camera has been pointed, and the results are encouraging, but have not yet been tidied up. It is strange, but some days a whole shoot produces uninspiring results, while on another everything seems to come out well. I was about to delete the rest of the last lot, which were very uninspiring, when I realised that people might want to record the number of the A1, so here it is.

attachicon.gif149 and 23.jpg

That young lad's head is in the way of the cabside number - Coachmann wouldn't like that - but you can see the name OK. Of course there is also something growing out of the chimney as usual. Not photoshopped, too idle. :lazy:

Gilbert,

Neither do I !!!

Stuart

• RMweb Premium

Another picture, another WD, more coal empties, no shackle. :scratchhead: I don't know where they go. The perils of handling locos, I suppose.

post-98-0-52562900-1458504064_thumb.jpg

The curve is less sharp on the slow, so this doesn't look too bad, and it didn't need shopping, which is good.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

The first day of spring. Dull and gloomy so far, but we do have some photos taken in better conditions.

post-98-0-27329700-1458553415_thumb.jpg

The WD on the Down slow has progressed a bit further.

post-98-0-05410300-1458553500_thumb.jpg

and further still, but in monochrome. These took a bit of finding, as my "recently changed" list on the PC, which has always shown the latest images first, has now decided to reverse the order and put them at the bottom of the list instead. Why? I haven't done anything to it.

Now it is time to do my exercises, and then to try to fit a 21 pin decoder. I know which will be easier.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

The monochrome photo looks so real - I thought you had slipped in a prototype photo on the side so to speak! It just shows how good your layout is. Just so real.

With warmest regards,

Rob.