RMweb

Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

A Happy New Year Gilbert.

Excellent photos of two missing classes of ECML pacifics.

With both classes sharing similar features and measurements, with only 2 inches difference in overall length into the bargain, these photos could be used to accompany a new models announcement from a ready to run manufacturer.

Now there's a thought!

Eric

• Like 1

A very excellent choice indeed, Gilbert.  You'll be pleased to know that Champion Lodge is currently "in works" and not far off being allowed out under her own steam soon.

There's a rather "Belgian" interlude to be had first though ;)....

• RMweb Premium

A very excellent choice indeed, Gilbert.  You'll be pleased to know that Champion Lodge is currently "in works" and not far off being allowed out under her own steam soon.

There's a rather "Belgian" interlude to be had first though ;)....

Belgian? Belgian? Chocolate? Small detective with dodgy moustache? :scratchhead:   Oh wait a minute, I see, don't mention ze war. :secret:  We mustn't spoil the surprises for the spotters, must we? :no:

• Like 3

Belgian? Belgian? Chocolate? Small detective with dodgy moustache? :scratchhead:   Oh wait a minute, I see, don't mention ze war. :secret:  We mustn't spoil the surprises for the spotters, must we? :no:

Errr, let me guess: 666, the number of the beast? I will spy something beginning with 'Z'? :senile:

All the best for 2013 to Gilbert, and his team of regulars and supporters.

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• RMweb Premium

Errr, let me guess: 666, the number of the beast? I will spy something beginning with 'Z'? :senile:

All the best for 2013 to Gilbert, and his team of regulars and supporters.

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

Hmmm, you obviously have more than your fair share of ze little grey cells Peter.

• Like 1

Through the letterbox yesterday came a little parcel, and within it were little people. They looked a bit tired, as they had come all the way from Australia, so I gave them a day to get over the jet lag, and went and got soaked on the golf course. Today being, of course, bright and dry when there is no golf, another of my locos acquired a crew. Many thanks to Jukebox (Scott) who kept his promise to paint up some figures and send them to me - it really is great when someone goes to all that trouble for someone he has never, and is unlikely ever to meet.

First thought was to crew those locos where their absence is most noticeable, but alas they all turn out to have somewhat rudimentary facilities - no seats, yet. As these are mainly seated figures, and as Scott's generosity deserves a top link loco, here is where some of them have gone.

Happy New Year, Gilbert!

I'm still not at home yet - in transit in Hong Kong, which is a lot warmer than Lapland! - so have only just seen this post. Glad the lads all arrived safely before the end of the year, and that you approve.

Thanks for all the great inspiration in 2012 - looking forward to seeing your work develop in 2013.

Kind regards

Scott

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Waiting for someone to come and tend to a sick washing machine, not terminal I hope, as it is only 16 years old, so I might as well be preparing a shot of the day. This is the 6.10pm KX - Leeds, headed by Copley Hill's A1 Abbotsford. The strong back light did horrible things to the signal in the foreground, hence it has been chopped off to avoid distraction.

post-98-0-55516600-1357311776_thumb.jpg

Shall I now consider all the extra trains I could store if I use cassettes, and the extra locos needed to haul them. :O :nono:  I must resist.......

• Like 10

I cloned the local areas over the signal. eg placed clone spot on platform and work on that bit of the signal, then move clone spot to wagon next to signal and do the same. The programme I use is very simple and came with my ist digital camera some 8 or9 years ago. It's called Adobe Photo Delux. I suspect it's not produced now, but it is very easy to use.

Edited by westerner
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

"Shall I now consider all the extra trains I could store if I use cassettes, and the extra locos needed to haul them. :O :nono:  I must resist......."

Ah Gilbert, I must remind you that this modelling lark is overseen by The Borg, so resistance is futile; sorry you are probably already booked to be assimilated, but it doesn't hurt (much) I can tell you.

Also, double-deck enabled cassettes are more space efficient.

Love the loco mini procession by the way; beautiful finishes too.

Drake at 36E

• Like 1

Waiting for someone to come and tend to a sick washing machine, not terminal I hope, as it is only 16 years old, so I might as well be preparing a shot of the day. This is the 6.10pm KX - Leeds, headed by Copley Hill's A1 Abbotsford. The strong back light did horrible things to the signal in the foreground, hence it has been chopped off to avoid distraction.

What Gilbert failed to mention was the cause of his washing machine's premature demise.

Aparently he inadvertantly left his new loco and rolling stock 'wish list' in the back pocket of his golfing trousers and the poor old machine just got over-loaded. Now there are some dodgey members out there suggesting 'double decked' cassetts, have they felt the weight of some of Gilbert's kit built coaching stock? I think we need to start exploring the fixing points for the block and tackle.

• Like 2

Hi Gilbert

There is an easy solution to all this, you could buy the house next door and knock a hole through into the other room and double or even triple your stotage yard area without having to use casettes!!!

Ian

P;S You could have foom for a model of New England shed as well.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Gilbert, don't be fobbed off with the sucking of wind through the teeth and doleful shaking of the head when the washing machine 'technician' arrives. Our machine is well over 16 years old and still going strong, just like the navvy's broom. New motor, new control board, whatever, all courtesy of  the British Gas maintenance plan. I think the case is the original!!!!!

Geoff

Edited by geoff
  • Like 2

Hi Gilbert

There is an easy solution to all this, you could buy the house next door and knock a hole through into the other room and double or even triple your stotage yard area without having to use casettes!!!

Ian

Seems like a nice cheap option to solving the space problem.

Getting the Neighbours to sell would not be too difficult if you held RMweb week-ends on 6 consecutive weeks,there resistance  should be weakend considerably.Unless they are DEAF or go away every weekend. 

However unless I am mistaken the resultant property purchase could negate the need for any Storage Yard space,let alone more. :jester:  :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Gilbert

Ian

Yes, but I really only need the bedroom immediately adjacent to my layout room, and it still won't be wide enough. There is the small matter of the cash required too, and the other little drawback is that they don't want to sell. Of course I could change that :devil: . A nice loud recording of chime whistles and clattering buffers played between about 0100 and 0700 might do the trick. Even then though, there's still the cash to find. I did think of extending the layout to the ground floor, but the gradients would be a bit steep.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Gilbert, don't be fobbed off with the sucking of wind through the teeth and doleful shaking of the head when the washing machine 'technician' arrives. Our machine is well over 16 years old and still going strong, just like the navvy's broom. New motor, new control board, whatever, all courtesy of  the British Gas maintenance plan. I think the case is the original!!!!!

Geoff

Actually Geoff he was very good. The belt had come off, he put it back, and didn't charge me for it. :)  A very nice man.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

What Gilbert failed to mention was the cause of his washing machine's premature demise.

Aparently he inadvertantly left his new loco and rolling stock 'wish list' in the back pocket of his golfing trousers and the poor old machine just got over-loaded. Now there are some dodgey members out there suggesting 'double decked' cassetts, have they felt the weight of some of Gilbert's kit built coaching stock? I think we need to start exploring the fixing points for the block and tackle.

Totally untrue. That wish list is far too thick to fit in my pocket. :biggrinclear:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've just got this vision of a very tall multi-turn helix up the middle of the stairwell (or even via a dedicated helix/stairwell cut into one corner of the house like a Castle tower), and DCC control allowing the use of banking engines (aha, the wishlist groweth)

• Like 1