Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Happy Birthday Gilbert.

Just keep deducting the age number each year instead of adding it on and treat yourself to another loco as a surprise present.

You will then feel a lot younger!

• Like 2

Hi Gilbert

Nice to see you have been able to rehome some of Mr. Geary's locos. They are nice, aren't they; I told myself exactly the same when I acquired 4 for use on Hest Bank. My congratulations on the continued progress on Peterborough. It is looking a treat and must be giving you so much pleasure, both visually and operationally. Keep it up and don't waste too much time on those small round white balls; they never thank you for all the effort you put into putting them where they belong!

Best regards

Terry D

• Like 1

Happy birthday!

Going way back to page 4, can I ask what wire size you used for the dcc accessory bus and linking the cobalts and switch-8's and switch-its. I am planning to use similar combination of equipment. I'm struggling to tell if the yellow, green, brown wires are all the same size or not.

Thanks

Jon

• RMweb Premium

Happy birthday!

Going way back to page 4, can I ask what wire size you used for the dcc accessory bus and linking the cobalts and switch-8's and switch-its. I am planning to use similar combination of equipment. I'm struggling to tell if the yellow, green, brown wires are all the same size or not.

Thanks

Jon

Hi Jon,

All of the dropper wiring and that to accessory decoders is 7.02. Same for linkage to Cobalts and Tortoises.

• RMweb Premium

Happy Birthday! Gilbert, I think you should treat yourself to a Loco or two or three :-)

all the best

Peter & Ann

Thanks Peter. Having seen the goodies in both the Hornby and Bachmann displays at Railfest it is only a matter of time before several more arrive.

Oh sorry David, I forgot we share the same date. You've got a fair way to go before you reach my age though.

No worries - just remember you were the same age as me when you were my age...

good morning

I'm Mario De Prisco and I write from Italy, Calabria, City of Rende

For some time I've been following your discussions as a guest and I got to admire in silence the work of Gilbert (great northern).

Not familiar with all the British railways, but I appreciated the manner in which it was addressed to a station playing.

I agree with this approach that I've also followed for the construction of the Rende's station in the old cogwheel railway Cosenza-Paola.

Today, when I discovered that Gilbert also share the same birthday I join to this forum to make my compliments for the work done so far and late happy birthday from me too.

Hoping not to have breached netiquette I reported some links to pages on this forum are moderated in Italian.

Excuse for my bad english.

Hello to all

Mario

-----------------------

Buon giorno

Sono Mario De Prisco e scrivo dall'Italia, Calabria, Città di Rende

Da qualche tempo seguo da ospite le vostre discussioni ed ho avuto modo di ammirare in silenzio il lavoro di Gilbert (great northern).

Non conosco bene le ferrovie inglesi ma ho apprezzato il metodo con il quale è stata affrontata la riproduzione di una stazione.

Condivido questo approccio che ho seguito anche io per la realizzazione della stazione di Rende sulla vecchia linea a cremagliera Cosenza-Paola.

http://www.t-i-m-o-n...tvp.php?id=3014

Quando oggi ho scoperto che con Gilbert condividiamo anche lo stesso giorno di compleanno non ho potuto trattenermi dall'iscrivermi a questo forum per fare i miei complimenti per il lavoro fin qui svolto e tardivi auguri di buon compleanno anche da parte mia.

Sperando di non aver infranto la netiquette ho riportato alcuni link a questa pagine sul forum italiano di cui sono moderatore:

http://www.ferramato...php?f=79&t=2978

Ciao a tutti

Mario

Edited by mario de prisco
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

good morning

I'm Mario De Prisco and I write from Italy, Calabria, City of Rende

For some time I've been following your discussions as a guest and I got to admire in silence the work of Gilbert (great northern).

Not familiar with all the British railways, but I appreciated the manner in which it was addressed to a station playing.

I agree with this approach that I've also followed for the construction of the Rende's station in the old cogwheel railway Cosenza-Paola.

Today, when I discovered that Gilbert also share the same birthday I join to this forum to make my compliments for the work done so far and late happy birthday from me too.

Hoping not to have breached netiquette I reported some links to pages on this forum are moderated in Italian.

Excuse for my bad english.

Hello to all

Mario

-----------------------

Buon giorno

Sono Mario De Prisco e scrivo dall'Italia, Calabria, Città di Rende

Da qualche tempo seguo da ospite le vostre discussioni ed ho avuto modo di ammirare in silenzio il lavoro di Gilbert (great northern).

Non conosco bene le ferrovie inglesi ma ho apprezzato il metodo con il quale è stata affrontata la riproduzione di una stazione.

Condivido questo approccio che ho seguito anche io per la realizzazione della stazione di Rende sulla vecchia linea a cremagliera Cosenza-Paola.

http://www.t-i-m-o-n...tvp.php?id=3014

Quando oggi ho scoperto che con Gilbert condividiamo anche lo stesso giorno di compleanno non ho potuto trattenermi dall'iscrivermi a questo forum per fare i miei complimenti per il lavoro fin qui svolto e tardivi auguri di buon compleanno anche da parte mia.

Sperando di non aver infranto la netiquette ho riportato alcuni link a questa pagine sul forum italiano di cui sono moderatore:

http://www.ferramato...php?f=79&t=2978

Ciao a tutti

Mario

Good Morning Mario, and welcome to this forum. May I also wish you a belated happy birthday! Your knowledge of English is far better than my Italian, which I am afraid does not exist at all. I am very pleased(and surprised) that my layout is being seen in Italy, which confirms that there are people who love steam engines all over the world. We can all enjoy pictures of each others work, even if unfortunately we cannot understand the words.

• Like 5

Guest Tom F

I apologise on a belated happy birthday. I left the house at 8 to see Mr Jacksons wonderful layout then called to see RMwebs James so it was 10 when I got home and only briefly checked RMweb.

Hope you had a good day...any railway presses?

Edited by Tom F
  • Like 1

Good Morning Mario, and welcome to this forum. May I also wish you a belated happy birthday!

Twin thanks

Your knowledge of English is far better than my Italian, which I am afraid does not exist at all. I am very pleased(and surprised) that my layout is being seen in Italy, which confirms that there are people who love steam engines all over the world. We can all enjoy pictures of each others work, even if unfortunately we cannot understand the words.

Sorry, my web site is only in Italian. I will tell you for future implementation of English. Fortunately the photos don't must be translated. :)

Ciao a tutti

Mario

• Like 1

Hi Gilbert,

I haven't logged on for a couple of days, so I'm sorry that I missed your birthday - belated happy returns. Funnily enough, I spent Sunday afternoon down the pub with my mate Paul who models LBSCR in EM gauge: it was his birthday as well. I notice that a couple of other posters also had birthdays on the same day so I'm wondering if there is any correlation between when you were born and where your interests lie.

The layouts certainly coming along now isn't it?

Regards

Oh dear! I woke up this morning to find that I'm another year older. :O Surely there should be some way of opting out of this process?

Waking up is alot better than the alternative! and opting out is a rather final process. Glad you enjoyed yourself and keep up the good work :good_mini:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Gilbert,

I haven't logged on for a couple of days, so I'm sorry that I missed your birthday - belated happy returns. Funnily enough, I spent Sunday afternoon down the pub with my mate Paul who models LBSCR in EM gauge: it was his birthday as well. I notice that a couple of other posters also had birthdays on the same day so I'm wondering if there is any correlation between when you were born and where your interests lie.

The layouts certainly coming along now isn't it?

Regards

Thanks Rob. There do seem to be a few modellers who were born on June 10th, but the Duke of Edinburgh seems to buck the trend. Shame really, as there must be plenty of room at Windsor Castle for a really good layout.

I'm delighted with the way the layout is progressing. It'll never be finished, but it is well on the way. Time you came up and had another play with it, but I suppose yu are going to be a bit busy when the Olympics get going?

• RMweb Premium

Waking up is alot better than the alternative! and opting out is a rather final process. Glad you enjoyed yourself and keep up the good work :good_mini:

I take your point. The opting out I had in mind though was to avoid any further ageing process, rather than termination. " This is a nice age, I'll just stay here for the foreseeable future" was what I was thinking of. As yet though my request has met with no response.

LOL, You are "lucky" that that is EXACTLY what you have done with the model......and those of us following it REALLY are lucky too.

Why else are we all fasinated with re-creating a tiny part of our lives?

Keep up the Good work, say I. Every time I log on, if this thread has been updated, I'm straight there to see what's been happening.

The W1 is conspicuous by it's absence? Was it still around at that time? And what about 60113? SURELY a common loco? I need both, by the way. My "Gilbert's abc of Eastern Region Locos" has them ready to underline! There's even a picture of 60700.

But with each page being only 2mm x 1.75mm, it's getting hard to read...........and those tiny little 1.75mm square apricot pies don't fill me like they used to.

Guest Tom F

I think Gilbert has addressed before for the absence of 60700 and 60113....

And I'm not sure I dare suggest again that Gilbert should have both.... :O

Edited by Tom F

I think Gilbert has addressed before for the absence of 60700 and 60113....

And I'm not sure I dare suggest again that Gilbert should have both.... :O

Going on discussions I've had with Gilbert, I'm pretty sure they're so far down the list of "must haves" that they're almost insignificant. At least, that was the impression I got!

• RMweb Premium

LOL, You are "lucky" that that is EXACTLY what you have done with the model......and those of us following it REALLY are lucky too.

Why else are we all fasinated with re-creating a tiny part of our lives?

Keep up the Good work, say I. Every time I log on, if this thread has been updated, I'm straight there to see what's been happening.

The W1 is conspicuous by it's absence? Was it still around at that time? And what about 60113? SURELY a common loco? I need both, by the way. My "Gilbert's abc of Eastern Region Locos" has them ready to underline! There's even a picture of 60700.

But with each page being only 2mm x 1.75mm, it's getting hard to read...........and those tiny little 1.75mm square apricot pies don't fill me like they used to.

Hadn't looked at it that way Jeff, but of course you are right - part of me seems to be stuck in 1958 at the age of 13! I seem to recall that was a wet cold summer too. :(

As to 60113 and the W1, yes they have been mentioned several times, but for some reason I find both very resistible.I just checked my wants list, which features 2 B17's, (at least), an 01, a 4F, a Compound, 2 D11/1's and a J11. Surely that's enough? And that doesn't include the goodies that Tim has in progress at the moment.

So, Tim and Tom, any further winding up will go straight over my head :biggrin_mini: And you are on a yellow card young Tom. :punish:

• Like 2