TVNAM 2011

Northpoint

Nick, I've heard of suffering for your art but...........

On the other hand if you've been mixing CP and CN the train Gods may be punishing you :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone connected with the show. Hope everything else goes along painlessly. Sadly I can't justify the 320 mile round trip with the current price of fuel :cry: . Lots of pics please.

Wow, Nick that does look sore. Although I'm not tempting fate, I've still got to pack my car later and my layout is quite heavy! More importantly how did SWMBO take to the Patio and door? :(

Sore is the word.:cry:

SWMBO hasn't seen the patio or the door yet although I have told her.

As she will be in the kitchen serving you all tea and coffee tomorrow, please use all your charms to keep her placated!

And in answer to AndrewC - no I haven't been mixing CN and CP so I haven't offended the Gods. I think it's my natural clumsiness, so don't let me too near the layouts tomorrow! :blush:

We're getting close now. I still have a mountian of stuff to do :help: but hopefully, it'll be alright on the day.

Last year, some people got directed via the postode (WS15 4UZ) and presumably sat-nav to the doctor's surgery insread of the village hall. The village hall is about the mid-point of Shropshire Brook Rd whilst the doctor's is right at the west (Rugeley) end of the road. So, despite what your sat-nav says, carry on down Shropshire Brook Rd until you find this:

post-6943-0-96797100-1305532588_thumb.jpg

post-6943-0-02083000-1305532615_thumb.jpg

Google takes you to right place with that postcode, but says that building IS the Doctor's surgery!

I'm not sure if the significant other will let me come, but if I do could anyone let me test an H0 DCC sound SD26 on their layout?

Google takes you to right place with that postcode, but says that building IS the Doctor's surgery!

I'm not sure if the significant other will let me come, but if I do could anyone let me test an H0 DCC sound SD26 on their layout?

I can assure Google it isn't the doctor's surgery! Mind you, after my disaster this morning, perhaps it ought to be! :laugh:

Re SD26 - no problem, Tim. Just ask whoever has charge of my layout at the time.

Hope you can make it.

Ouch Nick, I'd suggest taking it easy for a few days but I know you won't let that happen.

I've just managed to get my plank in the car, although it's a bit higher than I thought and I might have to take the front seat out....

Well, since my misfortune this morning, the cat has thrown up on the rug and the printer has just run out of ink in the middle of printing the floorplan for tomorrow! <_<

Surely that's got to be it for today? They say these things come in threes....

OK - I won't bother to turn up tomorrow and you can sort it out amongst yourselves..... :laugh:

You're not getting out of it that easily, we know where you live...

I've surprised myself my managing to fit the layout in the car, although there isn't alot of space left for something a third of the size of the previous one (thats the layout, not the car)....:

post-6819-0-81828100-1307716816_thumb.jpg

The cat hasn't been at the ink, has it? ;)

Steve

Knowing my luck today - probably!

You're not getting out of it that easily, we know where you live...

I've surprised myself my managing to fit the layout in the car, although there isn't alot of space left for something a third of the size of the previous one (thats the layout, not the car)....:

Did you have to remove the seat?

Knowing my luck today - probably!

Did you have to remove the seat?

Seats are still in, layout is secure and not blocking visibility any more than an oversized passenger would....!

If you email me the latest plan I'll print me a copy for setting out tomorrow.

Best to all exhibitors and attendees at TVNAM tomorrow - regret that it really is too far to visit, but I will be there in spirit - please don't forget to take your cameras, charged up batteries and suitable cards - WE LIKE PICTURES!!!:pleasantry: I hope Nicks arm improves - it really does look ouch!:huh:

First - Ouch Nick!! :blink:

Second - been telling my lad's (train-mad)mate & his (almost train-mad)mom about the Show; we are guaranteed at least two visitors tomorrow!! :D

Third - if we're having a sort of pre-Show "Layouts Packed in Cars Exhibition" I might as well join in...

a6180f51.jpg

... although my Operating Crew sits in the front seat for travel... :rolleyes:

I'm also using this picture as something of an "aide memoir" to how it all fits in, so I'm not the last one in the car park after the show trying to work it all out again... :blink: :rolleyes: :cry:

Second - been telling my lad's (train-mad)mate & his (almost train-mad)mom about the Show; we are guaranteed at least two visitors tomorrow!! :D

Third - if we're having a sort of pre-Show "Layouts Packed in Cars Exhibition" I might as well join in...

I'm also using this picture as something of an "aide memoir" to how it all fits in, so I'm not the last one in the car park after the show trying to work it all out again... :blink: :rolleyes: :cry:

Not an aide-memoir as to what your son looks like....:laugh:

a6180f51.jpg

Are we having a car boot sale now Jordan?

I'm open to all reasonable offers.... :pleasantry: :yahoo:

My lad has been looking at the pics of your layout Dave... you might want to step back to avoid the stampede tomorrow...!! :laugh:

I'll be glad of some help from my 'trainee engineer'. He'll be very welcome -

HEY !!! Where did the time go..??!!??!! :blink: :angry:

Blimey no sooner started than we were packing up again... well it seemed like it!

My Operating Crew was AWOL most of the day, working Hoxie Harbor - thanks again Dave, you can have your layout back now!! :lol:

Heard some comments about Schiller Point, it seemed to go down well. Looks like that's the end of O Scale Soo Line for now at TVNAM, though :cry: ;) ...

Good to meet up with some RMwebbers, too. A thoroughly enjoyable day! B)

Shortliner wrote: Best to all exhibitors and attendees at TVNAM tomorrow - regret that it really is too far to visit, but I will be there in spirit ...

Hope your ears weren't burning too much, Jack... :laugh:

A great day - thanks for inviting Harrington again Nick. Good to see all the familiar faces - lots of chatting - not some much operating!unsure.gif There were some excellent layouts to be seen, like this one:

IMG_1118.jpg

And some naughty layouts that didn't operate as well as they should have donedry.gif:

IMG_1119.jpg

Just some little niggles: couplers being a little stiff and GP35 RLK 2211 having a stalling fit!! I will clean the wheels properly next time after airbrushing the chassis!!huh.gif

Hello

Pop in for a quick look around on my way home from DEMU showcase.

Nice range of small layouts, which has given me some interest to start my own one, which due to space cannot be more than about 8 feet long.

Wiley City was very nice, and Northwest 22nd Street.

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Thanks to Nick, Chris, and everyone else who helped out behind the scenes, in particular the hard working ladies in the kitchen and Damn Yankee who once again put up with operating the world's most tedius layout. I was quite happy with how Wiley City ran although I'll have to make a few changes for the next time it's out.

Oh well, back to normality soon as some of us have to get up for work in less than eight hours, and I'm expecting a full rebellion in the Highlands if someone doesn't post some photos soon...

Here are a few photos to be going on with. Apologies for the poor depth of focus in some. Sadly, a problem with point and squirt. I can't recall the names of all the layouts, so I haven't bothered to name any. I am sure most will be able to recognise them. Had a most enjoyable day operating Nick's layout with John. It was an eye-opener just how much interest a layout with four turnouts and no run-around can generate. In fact it was the most fun I have had standing up for as long as I can remember! :) Well-done Nick on putting together a first-class show.

Steve

post-632-0-31980800-1307829787_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-35296700-1307829797_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-82777600-1307829813_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-88610800-1307829822_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-67913300-1307829829_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-82706500-1307829841_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-89005700-1307829851_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-73632800-1307829865_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-06638300-1307829880_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-90159600-1307829897_thumb.jpg

Archived