TVNAM 2011

Northpoint

Many thanks for the comments.

I was very pleased with the way it went - all the feedback was positive and it seemed that everybody had a very enjoyable day.

Thanks go to everybody that took part - exhibitors, traders, helpers, kitchen crew and visitors.

Well, my misfortunes continued - only managed 8 photos before the batteries ran out. I thought I had some in the car but unfortunately, that nwas not the case!

Anyway, here are the ones I did take:

Alpha Packaging

post-6943-0-13932600-1307860271_thumb.jpg

post-6943-0-02923600-1307860283_thumb.jpg

post-6943-0-65760400-1307860292_thumb.jpg

Haston

post-6943-0-28645000-1307860304_thumb.jpg

post-6943-0-89409500-1307860314_thumb.jpg

Black Rock

post-6943-0-83580600-1307860328_thumb.jpg

post-6943-0-46639900-1307860340_thumb.jpg

Harrington

post-6943-0-61229900-1307860354_thumb.jpg

If antbody has any more photos, please post.

Great show, a pleasure to be a part of.

Just a couple of photos of NW 22nd st, as it was just me I didn't really get a chance to take pics of the other layouts. I'll add more to my layout thread later. Thank you to all who passed such good comments about the layout. Atleast it shows that I am a better modeller than photographer! :D

post-683-0-50863500-1307876405_thumb.jpg

post-683-0-01602200-1307877527_thumb.jpg

Dave

Thanks to Nick and all the crew for putting on a great show, really great to meet some of you guys in person for the first time and put faces to names. :) Some superb layouts there.

For our part the Alpha/Dale combo had never gone together in that way before the show so we were learning how to work it, but it all ran really reliably and we had a great time. Next year I really mustn't forget the drapes, but other than that no troubles! Lots of interest in the modules as well, and some interesting thoughts for next year! :)

Thanks for the photos - recognised the rear-view of my co-conspirators at Glasgow - and some very nice looking layouts, and I'm sure that the visitors enjoyed it too. Now that Nick has had time to recover his composure, after his last-minute "OOOOO -ERRRRRRRs" and war-wounds, is it on again for next year?

Thanks for the photos - recognised the rear-view of my co-conspirators at Glasgow - and some very nice looking layouts, and I'm sure that the visitors enjoyed it too. Now that Nick has had time to recover his composure, after his last-minute "OOOOO -ERRRRRRRs" and war-wounds, is it on again for next year?

Yes Jack - it probably is on for next year. Not sure of a date yet as I understand there's an extra bank holiday to do with Her Maj reaching a certain age or something so it depends how that pans out. It will either be early June - I don't think the date clash with DEMU was a problem this year as we are only 10 miles apart and it really isn't too much problem to do both. I went there this monrning and bumped into several who were at the show yesterday.

Alternatively, we go back to May and possibly share dates with Derby, but as above, we're not too far apart so both can be done easily in a day. Or we just pick a date at random and see what happens.

Any thoughts will be welcomed.

BTW - didn't anybody manage to take any pics of North Plains?? :(

I e-mailed a link to this page to an acquaintance that Chris G and I have in Wisconsin and this is his reply:

"Wow. You guys do some impressive modeling. I really like the SOO f unit with the tape to keep the snow from blowing in the vents and doors."

Nice one, Jordan!! :yahoo:

Like Dave (and all of the other operators), I didn't have the time to take alot of photos, but managed a couple of my own layout before the crowds were let in:

post-6819-0-10362100-1307904175_thumb.jpg

post-6819-0-69251200-1307904271_thumb.jpg

Excellent layout, Andy. I was well impressed!

A really excellent day out at an excellent show. I arrived well prepared to assist with the show and Nick cheerfully informed me that I was to operate North Plains. Now that was a surprise!!! I had a splendid day with Steve W operating the layout. It is very interesting running a 12ft long layout without a run round loop with two operators, using DCC of course. We managed to avoid any head on collisions :laugh:

Many thanks Nick for a great day and thanks to the catering department for their very hard work which was much appreciated :drinks:

Although I only managed to get there for about 12:30, my mate Darren and I had a great time!

I only wish I could have been there for longer as there just wasn't enough time to chat to everyone that I knew in (real?) life or on here, so my apologies to those I missed chatting to properly or "bothered" at the last minute! Also, was too busy nattering to take any pics, sorry! D'oh!

Anyway, many thanks to Nick for organising it all, to the ladies in the canteen, the door staff and all - much appreciated!

Looks like I'd better get building then?

:drinks:

John E.

Thanks for sharing the pics everyone, looks like a great day. Will definitely be there next year...hopefully ;)

Jordan, I know you were unsure about how high to position Schiller Point but it looks great to me in this pic (the bulk of O Scale really comes across in this view!) How high did you have it in the end? Did any viewers comment on the height?

IMG_1119.jpg

Cheers,

L'rs

Jordan, I know you were unsure about how high to position Schiller Point but it looks great to me in this pic (the bulk of O Scale really comes across in this view!) How high did you have it in the end? Did any viewers comment on the height?

Cheers,

L'rs

One effect of Schiller Point layout is I've found myself searching the web & ebay for 0 gauge CSX and NS locos. Bad idea that! :rolleyes:

Dave

Archived