TVNAM 2011

Northpoint

John B and myself were discussing this whilst operating the layout. Both of us were of the opinion that a backscene isn't necessarily a pre-requisite. The eyes and the brain filter out what is not of importance. Neither of us found the absence of a backscene detracted in any way. In fact, from an operating point of view one could view the layout from both sides, thus giving an additional perspective. This is something I have thought about for quite some time, and I suspect, works in the same way as when viewing a painting. The effect is not destroyed because it is surrounded by lounge furniture or being in a gallery with other paintings etc. Again, what is not of import is filtered out.

Steve

That's why my backscene was plain sky blue and didn't have my amateurish attempts at clouds or worse still, trees daubed on. I'll be having a practise on some spare backscene boards before the layouts next outing.

• RMweb Gold

I've had a reply from the hall people - she's putting the booking form in the post today, so it looks like 16 June is on. :drinks:

Hi Nick,

OK....

Now there is a problem!

DEMU one weekend...

TVNAM the next weekend

Perth Exhibition the following weekend

How am I going to pull this off with the Mrs!

Time will tell....

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Plug the delights of sunny Litchfield as your holiday destination for 2012?? :lol:

Hi Martyn,

I meant...

Convince her that it's OK for me to be exhibiting/visiting for 3 weekends without a break!

Just remembered it's worse!

We have a sho the last weekend in May as well....

Better make that 4 weekends out of 5!

Hmmm - How am I going to live with the home authorities.....

Hi Nick,

OK....

Now there is a problem!

DEMU one weekend...

TVNAM the next weekend

Perth Exhibition the following weekend

How am I going to pull this off with the Mrs!

Time will tell....

Thanks

Phil - you can always tell her that her input would be valuable - my wife could always use her help in the kitchen!! :yahoo:(That would really go down well..... :rolleyes:).

I'm definately putting that date in my diary for next year. I was quite p***ed off this year that a combination of events stopped me attending, so much so that its taken me until now to calm down enough to read through the thread! Looks like I missed a good one.

Actually, its kinda made me want to get on and build a layout, after all if I was exhibiting then it would be a lot harder to not come!:laugh:

A little late, I know, but I weathering some of my stock for the TVNAM Show in particular; here's some of the better results, that got some comments during the Show...

(I've duplicated this post on my layout thread for Schiller Point; apologies to those of you who follow both these threads!!)

Most of the weathering was done with tube acrylics; Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna & Black, using washes and 'stippling' especially on the boxcar roofs. Some airbrushing was done, mainly Underframe Dirt, and Rust on the wheels.

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

And in an attempt to get away from the "Total Rustbucket" look, finally one that just had some light washes...

IMG_0092.jpg

Archived