TVNAM 2011

Northpoint

This is the last weekend to carry out those last minute detailing/cleaning/weathering jobs - unless you have next week off work.:yahoo: :rolleyes:

The countdown begins - looking forward to seeing you all there.:drinks:

Jez

Re- glued all the bits that melted while Hoxie harbor was stored in the shed! Not a good idea when it was so hot in April! Made a dozen spiders homeless too.

Final check over this week - me and the layout - and I'll be up bright and early on 11th for the long trek to foreign parts!

See y'all

Dave

I finish on Monday morning, then no work for six days (but mustn't forget to lay a patio and our wedding anniversary). Still a few outstanding jobs to do on the layout, but not until its disassembled and I keep putting that off to have a cheeky little bit of operating. 298 has had a light overhaul with new cab roof fronts, paint touched up, new wheels, motor, and a re-map, and is looking and running a lot better for it.

298 has had a light overhaul with new cab roof fronts, paint touched up, new wheels, motor, and a re-map, and is looking and running a lot better for it.

In the style of Douglas Adams ("Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, etc)...

That is a new meaning to the term "Light Overhaul" that I was previously unaware of... :blink: :unsure: :huh: :D

How to spend Sunday morning...

North Plains..... naked!

post-6943-0-03904900-1307275224_thumb.jpg

Construction of a carrying cradle..

post-6943-0-98509900-1307275310_thumb.jpg

Packed up and ready to go...

post-6943-0-01889000-1307275342_thumb.jpg

I hope some of you are feeling strong 'cos it's bl**dy heavy and I'll need assistance!!

• RMweb Gold

Funnily enough, I've just Googled Trolley wheels and found some on Ebay for £2.99 a pair.

But I'll still need help lifting it in and out of the car!

Hi Nick,

I'd far rather help lift that out of your car than load/unload 3/4 ton of UPDate magazines at DEMU Showcase....

Won't be at TVNAM due to DEMU Showcase.

No doubt there will be variuos reports appear on here though!

Thanks

Hi Nick,

I'd far rather help lift that out of your car than load/unload 3/4 ton of UPDate magazines at DEMU Showcase....

Won't be at TVNAM due to DEMU Showcase.

No doubt there will be variuos reports appear on here though!

Thanks

Thanks, Phil, for the offer of help.

I'm sure there will be reports after the event.

I just hope it goes better than the nightmare I had last night - nobody turned up, the layouts didn't fit the room and much more - can't remember the detail but it was scary!:scare:

But I thought there was to be a transfer of layouts (one beginning with "H") which involves you that weekend? Is that at us or DEMU?

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, Phil, for the offer of help.

I'm sure there will be reports after the event.

I just hope it goes better than the nightmare I had last night - nobody turned up, the layouts didn't fit the room and much more - can't remember the detail but it was scary!:scare:

But I thought there was to be a transfer of layouts (one beginning with "H") which involves you that weekend? Is that at us or DEMU?

Hi Nick,

The Haston change happens wherever Chris and I arrange it!

I'll be stuck at Showcase and AGM afterwards.

I'm hoping for a short AGM!

But will need to make the handover arrangements as well.

I have offers of help from other DEMU members - but can't tie that up until I get to Showcase.

Thanks

Funnily enough, I've just Googled Trolley wheels and found some on Ebay for £2.99 a pair.

But I'll still need help lifting it in and out of the car!

Car...? I thought it'd be a wheelbarrow job from your house....!

As the naked Native American said in "Wayne's World 2", "if you book them, they will come".... (which reminds me, I was going to paint that AMC Pacer light blue).

Fiddleyard - Actually it is finished and will get its first test "in anger" so to speak on Saturday.

After a (hopefully) swift pack-up after the show we will be zooming off to Burton.

Note to Phil - Keep the AGM going til we get there! :D

steve

• RMweb Gold

After a (hopefully) swift pack-up after the show we will be zooming off to Burton.

Note to Phil - Keep the AGM going til we get there! :D

steve

Hi Steve,

I fear you will need to be zooming.....

I don't see this being a long AGM.

Most of the decisions appear to be made, no need for voting.

Main discussion will be 'Future of DEMU - Limited Company' I predict.

I could sum up what I want to say in 2 words....

Thanks

(no - that isn't one of them):laugh:

Archived