TVNAM 2011

Northpoint

Hi,

Just thought I'd wish all you guys exhibiting layouts at TVNAM the best of luck :drinks:

Looking forward to seeing pics in due course

greetings from CSX Palmetto Spur in the Sunshine State

post-7898-0-27779400-1307438839_thumb.jpg

cheers,

Mal

Great photo Mal - looks like the last bit of sun is poking through the heavy dark clouds moments before the thunderstorm breaks...!

I've just found out I'll not be able to get to TVNAM - gutted. Was looking forward to seeing the excellent selection of layouts especially Schiller Point which would have been the first time I'd had have seen a US O Scale standard gauge layout at a show for more years than I can remember :cry:

Have a great day everyone and make sure to post plenty of pics here for those that cant get there in person.

Cheers

L'rs

Out of interest, what trade will be present? I'm looking for some scenic bits, and this show isn't far from home.

Hi Oldnick - please come anyway - we'll be glad to see you.

That reminds me - any chance of those RM Webbers that do come making themselves known so names can be put to faces. I always feel these forums can be a bit anonymous (maybe that's the point?!? :huh:). But it always good to meet you all in the flesh, so to speak.

Hoxie harbor is in bits scattered about the room, ready for packing on Friday pm.

It's a Chinese puzzle fitting it all into my Honda Jazz

See you there

Dave

post-8889-0-87026000-1307542617_thumb.jpg

post-8889-0-24527900-1307542642_thumb.jpg

A trial fit today, and it all goes in! Stock boxes and toolkit on front seat,, and just room for me.

Houston - we have a 'Go'.

See you there

Dave

post-8889-0-84584800-1307632234_thumb.jpg

A trial fit today, and it all goes in! Stock boxes and toolkit on front seat,, and just room for me.

Houston - we have a 'Go'.

See you there

Dave

Bon voyage, Dave. :drinks: Have a good journey.

Dave that is one substantial-looking layout!! Looking forward very much to seeing it!!

Just get your prayer mats out lads, and hope it's not tipping with rain on Saturday morning!! :blink:

As something of a Newbie to transporting a layout to a Show, can I ask what precautions (if any, and besides prayer) you guys take to protect your layouts from the weather whilst moving them from Vehicle to Venue..? Or will we take turns parking as close as possible to the doors to unload? :P ;)

I went up to the hall yesterday only to discover that the tea urn is no longer there (mind you, it didn't have a plug on it last year anyway!).

But no panic, Andy Y has kindly offered the loan of his, together with his display boards (possibly you've seen them at other shows where Andy has been) and some cable trunking should we need it. So, I'm off to Stafford soon to collect it.

My wife discovered that somebody in her department at wotk has an A1 colour printer so I thought we'll have some of that!

Hopefully, visitors will be in no doubt which show they're at when they see the display boards at the entrance.

I just hope it all fits into the hall. I must have changed the layout plan a hundred times by now! Exhibitors - please don't forget to bring an extension cable if you can as we'll need some pretty long runs of cable to reach every layout.

No doubt there will be a number of last minute jobs for tomorrow....

I went up to the hall yesterday only to discover that the tea urn is no longer there (mind you, it didn't have a plug on it last year anyway!).

But no panic, Andy Y has kindly offered the loan of his,...

That reminds me...

*I must pack a Mug* :drinks: :rolleyes: :laugh:

Just been reading this thread back from Page 1, and found this post...

:rolleyes: <_< :blink: :(

:angry: :angry: :angry:

:D

Somebody seen a weather forecast that I've missed??

According to the good old BBC website for Saturday, a light rain shower (just one? seems a bit odd?)

Cars half packed, i'll do the 'visible' bits in the morning.

I need to drop the missus off at work before 6am tomorrow then I plan to spend the day at Water Orton (hard at work researching the export products of EMD and GE!!):pleasantry:

Overnight in the norf of Brum and we'll see you early Saturday AM!! Woohoo!

Managed to paint the fascia without getting paint on the living room carpet as well. ;)

I had intended to come this year but I have just been stung with a £900 vets bill :(

so have a great time and dont forget to post plenty photos!

(and dont tell me about any IC/ICG bargains .......)

(and make sure you have pet insurance!)

Dave that is one substantial-looking layout!! Looking forward very much to seeing it!!

Just get your prayer mats out lads, and hope it's not tipping with rain on Saturday morning!! :blink:

As something of a Newbie to transporting a layout to a Show, can I ask what precautions (if any, and besides prayer) you guys take to protect your layouts from the weather whilst moving them from Vehicle to Venue..? Or will we take turns parking as close as possible to the doors to unload? :P ;)

A large sheet of polythene usually does the trick. I was once accused of "cheating" by doing this, although I'm not sure how the organisers of any show would have handled a claim for water damage to the layout had I not taken due care of it.

Thankfully and in my experience, loading/unloading in the rain and insurance claims are rare, with more damage occuring whilst the layout is supposedly in the dry inside a van or with a leaky tea urn on the floor above.

Spent a blissful afternoon weathering freight stock - nothing fancy, just some subtle airbrushing. Hope the paints dry by Saturday!:unsure:

See you all there.:drinks:

Jez

Managed to paint the fascia without getting paint on the living room carpet as well.

:blink: :blink: Flippin'eck - you're brave!!! I would be murdered for even attempting to paint in the living room :blink: whether I spilt paint or not! :unsure: :rolleyes:

Then again, SWMBO has been dropping none-too-subtle hints that there are parts of the house that await decorating, and I'm up the shed painting models instead.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :P

Weekend weather forecast on the radio tonight doesn't seem too bad, actually, for the Midlands. ;)

Good luck to all those travelling long distances today/tomorrow.

Luck? Don't talk to me about luck!!:angry:

I tripped over the layout, broke a load of small bits, threw an open pot of paint all over the patio and conservatory door and did this to my arm. Look away now if you're squeamish...

post-6943-0-80534800-1307701437_thumb.jpg

Lets hope that's the major disaster out of the way and things will run smoothly from here on.

Ouch Nick,

That looks really sore. Ours is meant to be a peaceful relaxing hobby - what are you doing wrong?!!dry.gif

Take care till after the show

Cheers

Dave

Archived