TVNAM 2011

Northpoint

I thought the programme last year was just fine; a picture and brief description of each layout/exhibit, info such as where it's set and the time period are useful. Dave's idea of info leaflets at each layout is a good one, but possibly more the owner's responsibility?

Which viewpoint about catering are we looking at, Nick; Exhibitors or Punters? I was quite happy with what was provided last year - of course there is no such thing as 'too many' chocolate biscuits for my lad (sorry!); at a small show like this sandwiches are fine. From a punter's viewpoint too, I wouldn't expect more from such a show myself, either.

Thanks for the opinions.

The catering was more from the visitor aspect. I for one am not too bothered about catering as avisitor to a show. If I'm alone, I usually don't spend more than a couple of hours at the show so it's not important but I have often noticed people in pairs or groups sat around chatting and drinking tea/coffee and scoffing buns or whatever.

Re programmes - the one last year was professionally printed and as I said earlier, the quotes to do the same again are quite high - I'll have to think about it.

Nick,

I'll be dragging 'her indoors' kicking and screaming to the show again this year - if your wife needs a hand, Milly, my better half, would be more than willing to help. I personally didn't think too much about food last year, just as long as I had a drink to hand I was happy. I think it is a good idea to provide drinks and a small snack - sausage rolls, pastries and cakes - as you say, people like to take a sit down, have a conversation and then perhaps browse the exhibition again.

On the guide topic, difficult one - it may not be worth the hassle if its going to be too expensive, but I do think some sort of floor-plan and layout guide is helpful.

Jez (Richard New)

Nick,

I'll be dragging 'her indoors' kicking and screaming to the show again this year - if your wife needs a hand, Milly, my better half, would be more than willing to help. I personally didn't think too much about food last year, just as long as I had a drink to hand I was happy. I think it is a good idea to provide drinks and a small snack - sausage rolls, pastries and cakes - as you say, people like to take a sit down, have a conversation and then perhaps browse the exhibition again.

On the guide topic, difficult one - it may not be worth the hassle if its going to be too expensive, but I do think some sort of floor-plan and layout guide is helpful.

Jez (Richard New)

Richard - I have just told my wife and she is over the moon that she will have some help. Most grateful, much appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My Hoxie Harbor layout is still in the shed - better bring it in thhis weekend and evict a few spiders!

Still, SWMBO is away all next week - modelling bliss!

Dave

We're getting close now. I still have a mountian of stuff to do :help: but hopefully, it'll be alright on the day.

Last year, some people got directed via the postode (WS15 4UZ) and presumably sat-nav to the doctor's surgery insread of the village hall. The village hall is about the mid-point of Shropshire Brook Rd whilst the doctor's is right at the west (Rugeley) end of the road. So, despite what your sat-nav says, carry on down Shropshire Brook Rd until you find this:

post-6943-0-96797100-1305532588_thumb.jpg

post-6943-0-02083000-1305532615_thumb.jpg

Yes , Haston and North Plains both look great in the magazine. A credit to you both.

A very worthwhile 'Must Buy' it has been... ;) I couldn't help laughing that you both got your layouts into the same issue... :D

Not lashing them up again at TVNAM are you..??

Only 2 weekends to go now chaps - I've cheated, I have taken the week off work before the show to prepare Harringtonlaugh1.gif and the week after to recover!tongue.gif The Man and a Van company I used last year seems to have gone bust - I wonder if the layout will fit on the roof of the car????unsure.gif Quick piccie to try and tempt those who are not sure whether to pop along or not:

IMG_1081.jpg

Promises to be another great show with some excellent layouts.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Jez

... I have taken the week off work before the show to prepare Harringtonlaugh1.gif and the week after to recover!tongue.gif

Wow, all that time..!! B)

I still have a few very minor jobs for Schiller Point; have been weathering freight cars this week. One thing I've yet to try is loading it all in the car... :blink: :rolleyes: :help:

Yes there will be some excellent layouts - and mine as well! :P

Still lots to do, and it's hardly in a perfect spot for photography (that ironing board isn't part of the layout unless some of the glue has run...:cry:) so definately not the best look, but here's a WC GP40 creeping into Calumet Salvage to pick up a loaded gon...

post-6762-0-71413800-1306433106_thumb.jpg

Definately! B)

Back to work then....

Wow, all that time..!! B)

I still have a few very minor jobs for Schiller Point; have been weathering freight cars this week. One thing I've yet to try is loading it all in the car... :blink: :rolleyes: :help:

Likewise..... :unsure:

Only 2 weekends to go now chaps - I've cheated, I have taken the week off work before the show to prepare Harringtonlaugh1.gif and the week after to recover!tongue.gif The Man and a Van company I used last year seems to have gone bust - I wonder if the layout will fit on the roof of the car????unsure.gif Quick piccie to try and tempt those who are not sure whether to pop along or not:

Jez

Definitely looking forward to seeing Harrington again.

Steve

Archived