The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Update on win 10 update. Important stuff like my Decoder Pro and Sprog stuff works as before. However no sound issued from the speakers on any program. Checking online it appears that other users with similar audio hardware have the same problem. I didn't think the online advice was correct, ignored it but just going to the device manager page and clicking default sorted it out to the extent that Aditi wondered why Abba was playing from my PC. Abba Gold is the first item in my iTunes list.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Clear blue skies here this morning. Not forecast to last though.

The more I sort out the loft the untidier it is becoming. Is this normal?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all :D

Bright sun day here at the Palace of Attendance, yet freezing cold after a crystal-clear night.

POETS Day has been celebrated as it should though the early departure came at the cost of an equally early and punctual arrival.  I was under the impression that if I was late arriving I'd have to leave early to make up for it ..... 

Mrs. G. is busy with ukulele, piano and Garage Band putting together a series of mermaid-related songs of her own authorship.

Smile at everyone today - you'll make someone think you have a banana stuck sideways in your mouth.

• Like 16

Morning all :D

Mrs. G. is busy with ukulele, piano and Garage Band putting together a series of mermaid-related songs of her own authorship.

Smile at everyone today - you'll make someone think you have a banana stuck sideways in your mouth.

Mermaid ? Banana ? Hmmmmm

post-20303-0-63427100-1438320602.jpg

Does she know my mate Dolfana ?

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Delighted to hear Jock continues to please his medics. A series that I hope will run and run!

Dementia has not affected my nearest and dearest to any extent, but MiL has shown signs of colossal forgetfulness. I have stopped ringing her now. After all, this was a woman whose daughters shunned her throughout their adult life, and when, after 45 mins of going round in verbal circles, she said she didn't know why I'd bothered to phone, I concluded they were not wrong.

Bed delivered, and we seem to have slept well on its firmness. There - not TMI, I hope?

Alison christened the steam cleaner yesterday, and grudgingly admits it does a job most of the time. The same heavy traffic areas of the bathroom that demanded close attention with mop still need that with steam, it seems, though.

My new specs arrived a couple of days ago, and I'm adjusting fairly well. Silly designer name seems unavoidable these days - Armani on this pair.

Weather slowly resuming proper Summer order after being unusually temperate.

Hope your weekend launches on target.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Good morning from a sunny North West Leeds! The view across the valley is clear! First time in a week.

Great news jock!

Armani glasses Ian? Watch out you may be into designer clothes next.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Baz

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

I slept so well last night that my other didn't. She said it was quite noisy but I didn't hear any snoring!

A very sunny morning sitting in the conservatory earlier finishing a coal hopper tail light and masking up a couple of Royal Mail transit vans then spraying them with Dullcote in the garage.

It's dress down Friday at work today but no pub for me later as need to swap boards around then load the layout into the car for Tinkers Park show this weekend. As it's likely to be hot I will take our free standing fan with us.

• Like 13

....no Poll...but I've eaten one or two....a little more seasoning please.

Dave

Have you tried the new lamb kebab take-away service ?

post-20303-0-86803100-1438326111.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Sunny here and a fine day in prospect.

The Boss is not at work today so you'd think she'd take it easy but already there are mutterings about "lots to do". I do sometimes wish she'd adopt my more relaxed attitude. Mind you if it was up to her the new railway room would be done & dusted complete with layout. With a bit of luck the decorating should be finished in a couple more days. Possibly. Perhaps I should take a leaf out of her book and "get a move on!"

Have a good one,

Bob.

PS Great news Jock.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Have you tried the new lamb kebab take-away service ?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Many years ago my late brother in law Dave used to stagger out of the pub at closing time into the nearby curry house, order a curry to be delivered to his house, then get a lift home with the driver. 

• Like 12

Morning all, blue skies over Borough market Junction this morning and I feel a weight lifting as we have signed our settlement deal with HMRC a full 20 hours before the deadline (noon today).

I was frantically busy on Tuesday - worked until gone 10 and then part of Wednesday which I had booked as holiday as it was Elder Lurker's 13th birthday! And the extremely busy yesterday - no time to log in at all. But it's done!

Elder Lurker's birthday went well. We went out for breakfast once he'd got up. I of course had the full works, Mrs Lurker had an omeletter. Younger Lurker had already breakfast so in best hobbit fashion he had second breakfast - a huge slice of chocolate cake with chocolate sauce and the birthday boy had that classic breakfast dish of chicken tikka panini and banana milkshake!

We went out to see Inside Out and then for a meal at TGI Friday. I've more than had my fill of "that sort" of food now. Last night was more civilised as I went for a few pints of Seafarers (new to me) followed by a curry at Shad Indian on Tooley Street

Today I'll have to start catching up on some of the work I have deferred for the last few weeks. Tomorrow is my parents' Golden Wedding party. And then I have a few days off before I'm back in work at the tail end of next week. I haven't had much time to catch up but I see from other posting that Jock has had more good news from the oncologist - and long may it continue. I hope we continue to get positive news from Mrs TG and from Beth.

Have a good day and let's hope England finish off the Aussies quickly this morning!

• Like 15

Many years ago my late brother in law Dave used to stagger out of the pub at closing time into the nearby curry house, order a curry to be delivered to his house, then get a lift home with the driver.

Been there, done that ! Hic !!!!

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a sunny village with clear blue skies over the M62. Various jobs to do such as the ironing and helping prepare for a friend wedding that we are attending tomorrow. Morning orders are being issued so I better get on.

Jamie

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from red dragon land.  Cloudy, a bit of wind, and not exactly warm out but it is dry.

Youngest shortly departing for Lancaster as part of the Lancaster Batala Encontro (with 250 international drummers) which will be performing in Morecombe on Sunday. So if you're in the area and wondering what to do....it'll sure be be colourful.  Youngest doesn't call it 'Boom Bing' for nothing. :D

http://www.thebay.co.uk/news/bay-news/local-news/international-drummers-to-play-in-morecambe/

Enjoy your day

• Like 11