RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good morning one and all and Happy Easter to those who mark it.

Last night's concert was excellent and I have two more CDs to play in the car on my way to and from wherever it might be - Pendon today, York on Sunday.  The two musicians who entertained me and the rest of the congregation have more than a little chemistry between them.  One, Greg, has a degree in politics.  How many other folk singers can claim this?  A song that they perfomed, from the new CD, struck a chord.  It is called "We must be contented".  I know a version of it from a 1992 album.  It is to be found in the Harkness* ballad collection unearthed by a member of my beloved Strawhead and featured in a show performed at Preston Guild in that year.  Neither Greg nor Ciaran had been born then.  Scary!

I will be looking for a garden centre near Wallingford in a few hours' time.  Such institutions are unfamiliar to me.  Watch this space to learn whether I rise to the breakfast challenge sort of made yesterday by Mike Stationmaster.

A letter received yesterday tells me that my next appointment with Professor Oncologist has been postponed for six weeks.  I think I should seek an earlier appointment if one is available, not because I fear for my health but because the date selected clashes with a scheduled visit to Poorly Pal.  If you don't ask, you don't get.

Must crack on.  Best wishes to all ailing and recovering.

Chris 

* John Harkness was a printer in Preston who printed many hundreds of ballads in the 1850s and 1860s.  

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

In other news, the IoM Steam Packet have managed to crash the fast craft Manannan on it's first week in service for the season, and it looks like a dry dock job.  Useless......the pier has been in the same place for many years, yet it jumped out at them.

Is that the nautical equivalent of a tram which suddenly swerved? :jester:

Morning all. Fairly quiet outside as of yet, so I wish you a Good Friday in a double sense, if you will. We were thinking of trying out a local spa tonight, though I guess I'll first require a nap when I get home!

• Like 13

Good morning campers. The grim reaper made his foretold return visit last week. My wife's uncle Richard on 16th, my dad's best friend on the 17th and finally, my mum in the early hours of Sunday morning. So that's six within 3 months.

• RMweb Premium

Good morning campers. The grim reaper made his foretold return visit last week. My wife's uncle Richard on 16th, my dad's best friend on the 17th and finally, my mum in the early hours of Sunday morning. So that's six within 3 months.

Thoughts with you...no-one should have to endure such a series, definitely...

• RMweb Gold

That's very sad news. Sincere condolences to you and your family.

Mornin' all,

Sorry to hear your news 28XX.....best wishes to you and your family.

Happy Easter everyone

A succession of 'soft' starts in The Moorlands recently with some mist/low cloud, light drizzle....

post-7795-0-76132100-1458891422.jpg

post-7795-0-55971700-1458891481.jpg

post-7795-0-59109500-1458891405.jpg

Feathered ones provided for

Enjoy what you do

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

There is some blue sky albeit with some clouds  but sunshine has appeared and a dry day is forecast.

Also forecast are some homemade hot cross buns so that's something to look forward to. (Once The Boss gets a round tuit, I've taken her tea to kickstart her)

I shall be mainly on final domestics for a couple of hours before collecting Nicki and the kids later. (Steve's still in Bognor but is coming back this afternoon and Nicki's car's in dock because some idiot decided to drive into its rear whilst she was sitting at a junction) I've got to collect son Steve at lunchtime as well so as none of them are driving and are all staying tonight I suspect there will be quantities of alcohol being consumed. Certainly will be by me as I've been on the wagon all week. (Dieting but that will go pear-shaped for a couple of days)

Have a great Easter weekend everyone,

Bob.

PS Readiness now back to DEFCON 4 

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Is that the nautical equivalent of a tram which suddenly swerved? :jester:

Maybe the piles for the pier were made from redundant jumping telegraph poles.  They were alleged to jump into the pats of cars on many occasions.

Very sorry to hear that.  Not a lot more to say.  My thoughts are with you.

Anyway looking out of the window the clouds seem to have forgotten to appear today and there is a large amount of strange blue stuff above the houses opposite.  That should make for a pleasant walk through the village behind the cross this morning.   We will end up at our church for Hot Cross Buns and tea. 

Hopefully this afternoon I will get some carpentry done making carrying crates for parts of the lighting rig for LGA.   This evening will be at the clubrooms doing various tasks.   Not a bad day to look forward to.

Jock, very glad that  the 2P has been won.   I look forward to seeing some pictures of the completed train in due course.

To all our other sufferers I hope that you have a good Easter.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Meanwhile these appeared overnight.

attachicon.gif12724961_1712836422263050_526629805_n.jpg

Utrecht is full of small bunny rabbits as it is the "home" of Dick Bruna's "Miffy" . However this year there is a pink elephant hunt throughout the city. Prizes are beer so clearly for "grown ups".

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 13

Morning all. A warm and bright start to the bank holiday although it's not predicted to last.

Technology seems to be having a phase of failing. First the modem/router had to be replaced and now the monitor I use for CAD drawings has given up the ghost. New one on order already which should arrive tomorrow.

Some baking to do today before going to see a friend tomorrow morning.

28XX - Absolutely terrible news. My condolences to and the family.

Jock - I hope that we'll be seeing a photo of the completed train soon hauled by the 2P

Have a good day everyone

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Terrible news 28XX, thoughts and condolences with you. No parcels expected today as Royal Mail is not making any deliveries. Bright and sunny at the moment but the weather forecast for the rest of the bank holiday weekend. I'd better make the most of it then so be back later.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Morning.  Sunny on FR, home of jumping piers.  It's concrete, by the way.....substantial too!

Having a slow start to the day, I am a bit cream-crackered after yesterday's efforts at work.  Nothing compared to the illnesses and grief of some on here though, sheesh sometimes things just don't go well for folk.  Supportive electrons distributed wherever needed.

We are going to have a drive out in the van today for a picnic, but first we need to fill water tanks, check gas appliances etc. to awaked her from her winter slumbers.  We do drive her most weekends provided there is no salt on the roads as nothing hurts vehicles more than standing, but all the other appliances etc are drained and shut down for winter.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Brighta nd sunny witha  few hours more promised.  However NMrs Stationmaster has looked out of teh back and is convinced it looks as if it will rain so is not putting the washing out (well that was what she said 10 minutes ago).  No major, or minor, plans for today and the weather forecast put me off ordering building materials and after two weeks out on the trot I doubt I'd be allowed to go to any of this weekend's exhibitions anyway.

Have a  good day one and all.

• Like 16

Hope all is well with the ER'S

Glorious here in Sunny Swad, just been out with the Dogs and now time for coffee and cake. No RAILWAY until later, Mum's coming over for Lunch and then take her home about four, then I'm FREE for the evening whilst the Good Lady watches her Soaps.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Morning frm sunny Chester. Much better than the wet evening her last night. Didn't leave he last pub till well gone midnight so had a lay in this morning.

Now at the station awaiting a couple of friends to join us off the loco hauled service from Manchester then head into Liverpool to top up on our beer levels before heading to Barrow In Furness this evening..

There's been a train crash in Minnesota after a freight hit a propane road tanker on a crossing and the nearby town evacuated. There is a video on Sky news.

Have a good day all.

• Like 12

Up to date now with ER, best wishes to all and condolences where appropriate. Waiting now for departure time to go and collect Tappa's layout "Margery Street" to transport to York for the exhibition at the racecourse. Do come and make yourselves known and who knows you may learn some new East Yorkshire terms as I wrestle with ***%%*** three link couplings. 

We are not staying over but travelling each day and so I will be back on the air this evening. :scratchhead:

• Like 7