The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

And happy birthday to Mal.

Faux Friday followed a different pattern today as the senior shopper is still on her hols with the Good Doctor.  Thus my Waitrose visit was local and very limited in what was  bought followed by a Tesco visit which was equally minimal, followed by a return to Tesco because I'm nearly out of some pills which I thought I'd ordered last week but which weren't noted on their system (I suspect a misreading of my note but they're good helpful folk so no moans) and hopefully the surgery will actually understand the meaning of the words 'very urgent' but if that doesn't register with them;  as the surgery took a week to process my last request I am not entirely optimistic.  If the surgery don't deliver I know that Tesco's pharmacist will 'lend' me some pills against the prescription emerging next week.

This evening my catering asst has promised to produce a fettucini for our delectation but alas it will not include mushrooms as he doesn't like them.  the results will be interesting as he usually manages quite a good job on the catering front.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

car serviced and valeted..

friends met and some Camerons Strongarm consumed followed by a veggie curry in Bundobust (http://bundobust.com/leeds/new-menu/) with a pint of  Northern Monk IPA (http://vhttps://untappd.com/b/north-brewing-co-pale-citra-and-el-dorado/2627700)

great company , a bit of Yacker spoken...now need some sleep so ..

Night all!

Baz

They do a nice range of craft beers in Bundobust. Not being a curry fan we didnt try the food.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

A good day on the Ratty today, with one diesel turn and one steam turn. The weather was nice and dry and even pretty warm later on. Radio Cumbria were indeed at the railway between 9 and 12, but my services were not required. Hopefully it will attract more passengers to the line. Having said that, it was pretty busy today, especially on the steam services.

Evening spent at the MRC, most of it trying to fathom how the previous treasurer accounted for petty cash. Hopefully he will be there at some point soon to explain it to me.

It helps when the cash is deposited in the bank regularly ... if not then you will have a job finding it.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Went to the "shirt launch" of Blackburn Hawks tonight with Junior NB.

We've both signed up for replicas as well as Junior wanting to sponsor a player's shirt again.

This year I don't have to pay for it as she's no longer a poor impoverished student - she's even getting a new car on Saturday. 

Looking forward to the new (ice) hockey season starting on Sunday. 

Quite a mix of old and new in the squad this year that will probably take a few games to gel.

Time will tell.

An extra hour in bed tomorrow then off to Turton near Bolton for the last league game of the season.

I played there for the first time last year and looking forward to getting to grips again with a bit more knowledge of it than 12 months ago.

POETS if you can gang.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 17

Special offer for Ivan, CX going cheap may need a bit of work. Will need transporting from Charente Maritime.attachicon.gifP4191523.JPGJamie

I suspect I'm going to need some strategic parts off that, Jamie - especially that offside headlight if it's a bi-optic one. DVLA says it's a 22 TRS, and it's SORN'd! Is the owner contactable via you?

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

I suspect I'm going to need some strategic parts off that, Jamie - especially that offside headlight if it's a bi-optic one. DVLA says it's a 22 TRS, and it's SORN'd! Is the owner contactable via you?

Understatement of the month......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Owl, yes owl there is one calling outside at the moment..

I awoke curled up into a ball, which I knew was a bad sign, sure enough on trying to straighten out, there was great pain from my back.

Boat rebuilding will continue later, no direct lifting by me is planned, the crane is very well geared down so that's not a problem.

A minor reduction in design weight (10kg) was found due to an error in the computer programme data, however I've realized the difference between the two programmes is I've put the keel in on one and not on the other, so the volume of the keel adds about 48kg bouyancy, even though it will be made of lead and steel...

Sunrise takes another step back to day, as it will be 06:01 where I live, so on Monday I'll start heading toward work before dawn.

Time I think to hit the snooze button for a bit longer..

Good morning one and all, and well done to Andyram for securing the assessor’s job.

Barry O makes the interesting suggestion that I could organise a trip to Oz myself.  I suppose I could, given confidence which is in short supply right now, but an advantage of the one that I am having trouble joining is that it is quite a good way of meeting new people.  I like travelling with a group, particularly if, as in the case of the Xmas Swiss trip, it spawns sub-groups.  I quite like exploring on my own as well but there is quite a difference between a week in, say, Belgium and the best part of a month on the other side of the world.  I know what most of my friends would say if I asked them if they fancied forking out £7k for a trip to Australia with me!  “No” is probably a fair summary.  The balance of probability now is that I will let this trip go and find something else in the brochure but I hope to know more next week.  It is at times like this that being a long-time loner comes back to bite me.

Warm thoughts as always to all in distress or missing

Chris

post-2818-0-82905300-1488959739.jpg

Its TFIF day in the boring borough. While the rest of our practice is in Madrid, I'm soaking up the culture in the cosmopolitan wonder that is DA16. If it stays as quiet as yesterday I may get some more flooring down in the bedroom. No I'm not skiving but I am technically on standby, so I only have to remain in earshot of the laptop in case there is an issue. 

Chris, if you have Twitter hunt down one or more of the lone traveller twits or do a bit of googling. There is all sorts of info and good ideas for people that prefer seeing the world on their own. If they are to be believed, its the next big thing in tourism. 

The Landy passed the MoT and had her annual service yesterday. 16 years on the road and still going. Went to pay for the service and discovered the chip in my bank card had fallen out. Bizarre. 30 seconds with the bank app on my phone and a replacement ordered. Later in the evening I received an email from the bank asking 'which card'. Called them up to discover there are 2 debit cards active on my account. Turns out when they sent me a contactless replacement a few years ago they never deactivated the old card. No risk as the old one had been shredded. 

This weekend we'll be finishing off the bedroom and making a start on flooring on the upper landing and replacing the stair treads. 

That's all for now. Have a great weekend everyone. 

• Like 17